PDA

View Full Version : I'm Sponsored!!!

Si Tuna
04-16-2003, 07:42 PM
Just got a call from Racer X Motorsports. They want to sponsor me for $10,000! I never thought I'd get it, but I guess it never hurts to try eh? They must have liked the paint job... Pics are in the "Member Rides" section.

toe knee
04-16-2003, 07:48 PM
cool beans!!!:) beer :cheers: beer One question are your going turbo by any chance???

Si Tuna
04-16-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by azn_supa_star01
cool beans!!!:) beer :cheers: beer One question are your going turbo by any chance???

That's the plan. Waiting for HKS / Greddy to come out w/ something before I make any decisions though.

Team
04-16-2003, 07:54 PM
Congrats man, you earned it. Keep us updated on what goes down.

RiceCzechs
04-16-2003, 09:45 PM
Serious thumbs up... make a good showing and you'll probably spurn some parts development for the EP, and make us proud! :)

*sheds a tear* - our little baby's all growns up! :'(

Suk02Si
04-16-2003, 09:51 PM
10k? wow, congrats man. I say JRSC K20A2:D Or how about K24?;)

LordKoo
04-16-2003, 11:12 PM
Congratulations dude! Make us proud!

Makross
04-16-2003, 11:16 PM
congrats damn 10 g'z hmm im thinkin type r kit, volks, a2, turbo or supercharger:p

mixedupneko
04-16-2003, 11:25 PM
im confused man my firends have like 40 g's droped in there ride and there sponsered by big companys n they only get fre carshow reg i dont see how sum basicly stock ep is gona get 10,000 for sponsership my friend it a stock ep got the same offer he filled in the form on the website that they ask u for the credit card number n shit if it works out congrads but it seems shady i dont see how a company is giving 10 gs out like that

IceD out N CALI
04-17-2003, 12:04 AM
congrats to you

todaCspec
04-17-2003, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by mixedupneko
im confused man my firends have like 40 g's droped in there ride and there sponsered by big companys n they only get fre carshow reg i dont see how sum basicly stock ep is gona get 10,000 for sponsership my friend it a stock ep got the same offer he filled in the form on the website that they ask u for the credit card number n shit if it works out congrads but it seems shady i dont see how a company is giving 10 gs out like that

A friend of mine w/ a 240sx got 20k sponsorship from them as well. I think he said he has to put in 20k and they'll match the 20k or you put up the 20k in parts first and then they'll reimburse you. The scary thing is what if they don't?

02NJHondaep3
04-17-2003, 08:50 AM
What up congratulations. i got the same sponsorship. I talked to one of the reps and i dunno tho. I'm young and dont kno too much so i'm gonna wait awhile before i sign the contract. Not to mention i just lost my job. I freaked out when i got a call and they asked me what T-shirt size I am hahaa. READ CAREFULLY. I have a feeling its not 10 K just like that. Theres an annually fee and a few other fees.

02NJHondaep3
04-17-2003, 08:51 AM
oh yeah forgot to mention my car is bone stock. I'm who neko is talking about.

fsugatorbait
04-17-2003, 08:59 AM
id be interested to hear what the terms of the sponsorship are...if you guys wouldnt mind disclosing that info im sure a lot of us are interested in them.

Si Tuna
04-17-2003, 09:36 AM
Yeah, I agree that it is a shady sponsorship. They want to charge $80 for the packet w/ the agreement they send you once they agree to sponsor you. And it sounds like they are sponsoring anyone and everyone... Plus, I've heard that the prices on the parts that they do have aren't that great to begin with. I'm not so sure I'm gonna do it after having done some research. I can't find a website for them...other than a page that links to the sponsorship application, and I can't get in touch w/ them with their number...

fsugatorbait
04-17-2003, 09:50 AM
did they charge you after they agreed to sponsor you or only if you accept?
Do they just give you the $10K upfront for you car or do they match your $10K with their own?
Sorry if for the questions Im just trying to figure out how this works.

mixedupneko
04-17-2003, 10:42 AM
hmm guys to me it seems like pramid scheme. i was in one where we bought an account 80 bucks. and then we had to buy our grocereis from the distruibter wich was us and the amount we spend on groceries online we suposbly got back.racerx is bacily like this in that they are a distruibtor. they want u to buy shit from them and then inrutrn they will offer u money back .i havent figured it all out yet but for what i know now this is the jist.

ssvr6
04-17-2003, 02:03 PM
That sucks, it sounded WAY to good to be true.

Sorry man,

Steve

AznPower
04-17-2003, 03:43 PM
too good to be true.......

RacingCivicSi02
04-17-2003, 09:04 PM
i was suppose to get sponser by JT autostyles. but they wanted my car for 2 month and i had to get 18" rims. i didn't have anything else to drive so i didn't do it. i was gonna get a new kit. new painted job. and possibily sponsership from others too.

SiNi$t3R
04-17-2003, 09:39 PM
Hey man, all i can say to u is......... I hate u !!! and congrats. :) u do deserve it. If only i had the guts to pull that off. When i got my ep, I really wanted it yellow. But then I fell in love with my Blk color. But again I wanted to say congrats. Now we have someone that can represent us in the import world (in a tasteful way)

mixedupneko
04-18-2003, 09:52 PM
hahahahahhahahahhahahah RacerX Sponsership=bigest joke in the world. a feelow friend of mine's car club was "sponsoerd by racerx" so yea lol what happens is if u get sponser for lets sya 10 grand after u buy 10 grand worth of shit from them then they will give u 10 grand worth of shit and a sponsership but u have to shipp your car out there and pay the cost of that and u also have to pay for instal an labor. hahahah what a fuckin joke i fell bad for the poor kids with almost stock cars that think there getting a big break with this shit. its preety fucked up sooner or later the word will spread and they wont be doing this anymore but for a farely new scam its work. so every one thats reading this DONT FALL FOR IT.haha dont waste fuckin 80 bucks for a T shirt. and high priced auto parts. hahah

niko