PDA

View Full Version : I thought I was dreaming...Then reality (nightmare)

NeuroSi
04-16-2003, 07:54 PM
OK, so here's the story:

I bought my EP in November, 2002. I had never even seen one until I took a drive through the dealers lot in October. When I saw a couple EP's sitting in front of the showroom, I said to myself, WTF is that? I immediately fell in love with it, simply because it was just kinda cool and freaky lookin' all at the same time and not as cartoonish lookin' as a Focus. I wasn't to thrilled with the sticker, though. Over the next couple weeks, I found a dealer that was selling the '02's for $15,995, so I went down there and knew I found my car. They had sent this Satin Silver EP to Classic Soft Trim and had a full custom leather interior installed (added about $1,000 to the sticker, but it was different and I like that).

So, anyways, I had found this site and was really enjoying driving my baby, but up until about two weeks ago, I had not seen one single EP out of a dealers lot. Then it happened...I was stopped at a light and I look in my mirror and see a VBP EP comin' up on my ass. All I could think was "man that just looks so mean and pretty". We both turned at the light and that was when my stomach turned and I almost crapped on my leather seats. Tint so dark that I couldn't see the goon that was driving and OMFG, some huge, like 18" or 19" chrome platter BLING, BLING wheels that looked like something my grandmother would serve Thanksgiving dinner on and I swear the thing was lifted (the gap looked like two fists). I was embarrassed to be anywhere near that car and I was embarrassed for everyone on this site that has so tastefully modded their own EP.

Sorry for the long rant, but I thought y'all might get a chuckle out of my babbling. Someday I may actually see a real EP, posibly one that is tastefully modded, but I do enjoy the fact that our car is unique enough to not be seen by the thousands everywhere you go.

Jacob

SinisterCivicSi
04-16-2003, 08:08 PM
(tryin to hide behind monitor) wow dont look at my pics though, i got huge wheel gap right now....at least 2.5-3 inches....i am hoping to get her dropped this week/ weekend. got the springs, just need the time now

simione
04-16-2003, 08:39 PM
it wouldn't matter because if somebody saw a princess like you driving an ep they wouldn't even see the wheelgap, they would just see your beautiful face:)

RiceCzechs
04-16-2003, 09:43 PM
I do believe you've pegged the needle on the Cheese-Meter with that one, Simione....

:D

ep3_hatch
04-16-2003, 09:46 PM
OK so you're a better person and 'deserve' to drive an EP more than the dude with the 18's? Don't breed.

SinisterCivicSi
04-17-2003, 02:55 AM
:angel:

aww...thanks! and by the way, i like cheese. ;)

BlairSpeed
04-17-2003, 09:56 AM
...trying to spit some game on the ole' internet, huh? :rolleyes:

JoshSI
04-17-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by SinisterCivicSi
:angel:

aww...thanks! and by the way, i like cheese. ;)

HAHA

who wouldnt want to have a chik that had the same car interests as you though!

MoodySi
04-17-2003, 10:49 AM
Some of you really need to get a girlfriend...bad!

Mr Sparkle
04-17-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by ep3_hatch
OK so you're a better person and 'deserve' to drive an EP more than the dude with the 18's? Don't breed.

Yes he is...

I know I am being close minded, but I don't care. I'm going to choose this post to rant. "This is my style, and the style I want..." Buddy, you have no style if you are adding fucking altezzas, stickers out of your little sister's sticker book, stupid wings that don't benefit your car in any way. Let's face it, the younger crowds are the ones driving the Hondas; for the most part. They don't have a clue. Their cars look like shit and I want another brand of car its so embarrassing. I believe Honda/Acura make sweet cars, but its sometimes hard to tell when you see such utter shit driving around. So wake up people. Don't buy the car if you dont like the look of it and feel the need to add the cosmetics. Keep your car clean. Do I sound like a Dictator? Hehe, I don't care. I am not here to prove points, I am here to complain.
Too many Honda/Acuras look like shit on the road and its embarrassing. So wise up people!
I drive around and see such nice clean vw's... and then I have to weep when I see the Honda's driving around.

Anyways, I will cover my tracks a bit here...

1) I know it's not always the younger crowd ricing out cars
2) It's not always Hondas that are riced out (but definately most)
3) Everyone is entitled to what they want
4) The post above was about a wheel gap/rims/tint, not what I mentioned above.
5) If you argue with me, you will win, because what I say is not fair, but who fucking cares because their cars look like shit.

So who decides what looks good on a car? We all do, and I have decided to rant about the shit I don't like...and I don't feel completely like the minority since I know a lot of people agree.

Sorry for ruining this post

IceD out N CALI
04-17-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by MoodySi
Some of you really need to get a girlfriend...bad!

i agree;)

hamlet9634
04-17-2003, 03:19 PM
big giant bling-bling wheels with huge gap..

maybe it was a guy trying to act like a rap star with an escalade, but he couldn't afford the ghettoriffic caddy and decided to spend the money on bling bling wheels for his honda..

big giant bling-bling chrome wheels = hip hop culture = ewww

ep pilot
04-17-2003, 08:17 PM
Seriously-I love my Satin 'O2 Si it grows more and more on me every day, even if we have acquired a few nicks on the hood and front bumper, a super small ding on my right pass door, my poor Si has to trek a 22 mile each way commute down a river-bed-rock laden highway of dumptrucks, gravel transfers and garbage trucks. Hell she is always dirty because I have to park in a dirt lot a work since the company I work for won't buy their employees a paved parking lot, I make pretty good money so I don't complain. When I get home to my apartment complex my spot is like three blocks away, so I park near a sap tree in front of my door so my Si is in shooting range of any perpetrators, needless to say it gets crapped on by birds and whatever else leaves the little yellow dots all over. I am just saying I have been seeing more and more Si's all over in my area, and god knows I am the worlds biggest car-lover, but I am so embarrassed when I see another because mine is always so freaking dirty and I cant do crap about it, I think my favorite look for the Si now is the nighthawk black pearl one I saw today, lowered on stock wheels, mudguards, oem foglamps and soft tint all the way around, it looked simple and very seductive.

P.s. I want to go out and wash my baby, but it won't stop raining here in Sacramento......
-Ryan:'(

hamlet9634
04-17-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by ep pilot

P.s. I want to go out and wash my baby, but it won't stop raining here in Sacramento......
-Ryan:'(

did you say Cowtown? oh boy.. here's hoping for a rematch of last year's western conference finals.. I would LOVE to see LA/Sac again.