PDA

View Full Version : free mods on blue si

ghettoprettie
04-16-2003, 10:00 PM
well just got the ep 3 weeks ago..and dead broke...so we did some free mods...really brought us together...thank you God for ep's

before pic...looks like a hoover craft

ghettoprettie
04-16-2003, 10:01 PM
...after...

Makross
04-16-2003, 10:03 PM
shouldve went with flat black

ghettoprettie
04-16-2003, 10:04 PM
hehe

ghettoprettie
04-16-2003, 10:06 PM
finally had to put the plates...hate that crap

ghettoprettie
04-16-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Makross
shouldve went with flat black

yea my boy did the samething as i ....it starts out glossy the goes flat...

ghettoprettie
04-16-2003, 10:14 PM
...pics brought to you by "limp noodle"...

Suk02Si
04-16-2003, 10:37 PM
sorry, but the red in the engine bay is kinda nasty.

Makross
04-16-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Suk02Si
sorry, but the red in the engine bay is kinda nasty.

i agree but he has his name to back it up:D

Type X
04-17-2003, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by Makross

i agree but he has his name to back it up:D

haha u stole my reply :):cool:

CleanBlackSi02
04-17-2003, 09:46 AM
Some things are better left stock...

jaydub
04-17-2003, 10:01 AM
Yup, should've left it alone. When are you going to stick on the Type R stickers. :confused:

icegrill
04-17-2003, 10:22 AM
since when is paint a mod? Engine looks pretty weak.:mad:

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-17-2003, 10:53 AM
IMO everything you've done so far looks disgusting.
Especially the red under the hood and your hacked license plate (probably illegal).
The only thing semi-OK = the wheels.
And even those i'm not really feeling.

Makross
04-17-2003, 11:25 AM
haha :)

bokhan
04-17-2003, 12:25 PM
rice rice baby.

BlackFL2k2Si
04-17-2003, 12:53 PM
You should have left it stock and saved money up instead of humilitating all of us by having a rice whore steal your cars stock virginity.

ssvr6
04-17-2003, 01:57 PM
Damn guys...it's not THAT bad. While the red isn't my taste at all, it's under the hood. The wheels look fine by me.

Steve

BlackBullet02Si
04-17-2003, 02:11 PM
I actually like the wheels, they go good with the blue. I was actually thinking of powdercoating mine black. Good job

napapacoda
04-17-2003, 02:13 PM
I dont think it looks bad. It's not my style, but I'm not a fan of any black wheels. You should make a tutorial to show others how to do it.

its raining
04-17-2003, 02:18 PM
it seems to me that the kid came on here and was so proud of his work. the least you guys could do is to show some respect. its his car and it doesnt look that bad.

fyzm7357
04-17-2003, 02:21 PM
Man, people are being harsh on here....the wheels look alright...but the plate and engine cover aren't my style.....also is there a screw hole where your license plate was???

fsugatorbait
04-17-2003, 02:24 PM
holy flamming batman...
The red almost looks like he was matching it to the posi battery cap. If that was the case you should painted the pieces a nice cherry red and matched the cap to that...anyway...at least it was free and you didnt have to pay for it and props for doing it yourself.

King Kang
04-17-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by BlackBullet02Si
I actually like the wheels, they go good with the blue. I was actually thinking of powdercoating mine black. Good job

Those aren't powder coated.....judging my his comments, they were painted.

What is more subjective than style? I wouldn't be offended if people disagree with your sense of style. I think that Missy Eliot dresses like a clown, but some people think she's the shizz-nit. Be yourself, don't let other people determine who you are....and don't let anything discourage you from posting on this forum.

peace,

BlackBullet02Si
04-17-2003, 03:27 PM
Those aren't powder coated.....judging my his comments, they were painted.

yeah man, i know they weren't powder coated. I figure they look basically the same as if they had been, just wanted to express that I liked the black.

AznPower
04-17-2003, 03:34 PM
looks like u took a crayon and colored the engine bay.

limp_noodle
04-17-2003, 04:03 PM
The rims came out too glossy IMO. When i painted them I didnt expect them to be that glossy, but i guess they'll fade in the sun. We were originally gonna paint them gunmetal, like the color I painted the rims for my car, but all the places we went to were out of the color. Black matches with blue alot, his future plans are CF bood and CF body kit, so just give him a while to get some money together and make everything flow :D

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-17-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by fyzm7357
Man, people are being harsh on here....the wheels look alright...but the plate and engine cover aren't my style.....also is there a screw hole where your license plate was???

ok some people may be phrasing things a little "harsh", but if he didnt want our opnions then he shouldnt have posted here.
;)

Accordexcpe95
04-17-2003, 04:24 PM
looks nice dude.. u did a great job paintin those rims, the red on the engine cover is kinda dull, u should paint it with a brighter red.

come on now guys, no need to flame him becuz his car doesn't look "JDM".. at least he got sumthing unique and most of u are all about "JDM".. and how is his car rice? i don't see huge banner stickers, altezza tail. euro clear corner etc.. are u guys saying that if the car doens't look stock or JDM means rice? :rolleyes:

sniperSI
04-17-2003, 04:26 PM
I can understand if you bought a used civic, 5 year old whatever, wanted to cheap mod it, but you bought a new car, you should treat it like a new born baby. Thank god you an buy after market products to replace what you did up.

But to each is their own. More props to you.

sniperSI
04-17-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Accordexcpe95
looks nice dude.. u did a great job paintin those rims, the red on the engine cover is kinda dull, u should paint it with a brighter red.

come on now guys, no need to flame him becuz his car doesn't look "JDM".. at least he got sumthing unique and most of u are all about "JDM".. and how is his car rice? i don't see huge banner stickers, altezza tail. euro clear corner etc.. are u guys saying that if the car doens't look stock or JDM means rice? :rolleyes:

"Just because you put shit in syrup, doesn't make it pancakes."

Accordexcpe95
04-17-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by sniperSI

"Just because you put shit in syrup, doesn't make it pancakes."

soo his car is rice?

Mugen Power
04-17-2003, 08:38 PM
Man, everyone has their own definition of rice nowadays. What I consider rice is having the LOOK of performance but not actually having it. IMO, he's not trying to show he's got the performance just by painting a few things here and there. It may not be my kinda thing but until I see a huge touring wing with stickers of random companies while running with an outrageous "oni-cam," his car isn't rice.

TravisEP3
04-17-2003, 09:18 PM
Oh for pete's sake people. I gotta give the guy credit for a) taking the time to paint all of those items and actually doing a really good job at it for freaking spray paint and b) for asking everyone's opinion. Granted these are not the $200 JDM Valve cover but who else on here spent $3 to make it look JDM. I give the guy credit for being broke yet still being able to make his car more the way he would like it. I think the red in the engine could be a bit darker but you never know what it looks like until it dries. Paint never looks the same after it dries. Maybe it was darker before and dried lighter. Either way I happen to like his paint jobs and think they are done with good taste. It's not like he put the dreaded APC on his car. Jeeze. :( No Rice calling here.

Disclosure - Above statement is opinion, everyone has one, above is mine.

ep pilot
04-18-2003, 12:55 AM
:'(

poppasp1ce
04-18-2003, 01:23 AM
first, use the plate holder to fix that ghetto front plate job. second, lets see some more profile pictures with the hood closed please. i want to see the whole car from the side cause i dont think the wheels look that bad(kinda shiny though).

cmk05
04-18-2003, 07:40 AM
is there a brake-dust colored paint out there? i'd spray some on my wheels cuz i'm lazee.

limp_noodle
04-18-2003, 07:51 AM
yea...its actually gunmetal, but it looks like brake dust. cupont dupli-color high performance wheel coating. its ccalled graphite and looks like this:
http://gallery.thevboard.com/users/baby%20gt-r/baby%20GT-R/rim%20-%2001.JPG

mixedupneko
04-18-2003, 11:14 AM
here is my comment on ghettopretie. he is one of my good friends i was the one who got him the ep3. as like me we are both poor underprivlaged kids.we both bust our ass at school and at work. so he was doing some things to his car to make it look a little less stock.As i know the rims came out a little glossy they do really look good on the blue and should tone down a bit. as for the valve cover we were experimenting and are gona be spraying it silver. And for those who ask why he does these mods ? its because his parents are hella strick and will not let him do any performane mods not even suspension . so we have to start with little stuff and get his parents into the swing of things.haha as for the plate. I told him not to put it on at all it looks really nice without it but his rents bitched so he decided to just put it in the grill so u can still get the feel of the full front bumper i dont think its that bad. but hey give my man some time and deff sum money and he will have one of the cleanest vivid blue ep3's out there.

and ill leave all the haters with thise line from a song

we aint got money'
we aint got cash'
but we noe people'
who will beat your ass'

haha

CleanBlackSi02
04-18-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by mixedupneko
we both bust our ass at school and at work. so he was doing some things to his car to make it look a little less stock.

Is it THAT unbearable having a stock looking Si? Do you want to look "different" so bad that you have to take spray paint to a brand new car? I'm sorry guys, but you're making your cars look ugly.

Mugen Power
04-18-2003, 12:04 PM
Don't really wanna take sides here but didn't you paint your calipers and reflectors?

Maybe you didn't do it when you first got it and maybe YOU don't think it looks ugly (I'm not saying that it does so don't take offense) but isn't it basically the same thing?

JoshSI
04-18-2003, 12:10 PM
Wheels look hella good mad props! But under the hood all I have to say is.........

poppasp1ce
04-18-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by mixedupneko
haha as for the plate. I told him not to put it on at all it looks really nice without it but his rents bitched so he decided to just put it in the grill so u can still get the feel of the full front bumper i dont think its that bad.

use the plate holder. don't paint it.

fsugatorbait
04-18-2003, 12:17 PM
If the kid wants to spray paint his whole car who gives a f**k...its his, he drives it and has to deal with the looks and harrasment:eek:...What he did was original and just because everyone doesnt like the way it turned out, he gave it a shot. Not everyone here has hundreds or thousands of $$ to mod their car, they rely on imagination and desire to make it look "personalized." Good for him for trying to be different!:)

SHAKEnBAKE
04-18-2003, 12:37 PM
Being broke myself, I understand what he is doing, I'm also on the verge of painting my stock wheels and brake caliper. Big-ups to you man! Eventhough I got to agree they look corny.:D

BlackNRedSi
04-18-2003, 12:56 PM
IMO, I think he did a good job....listen all some people don

CleanBlackSi02
04-18-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Mugen Power
Don't really wanna take sides here but didn't you paint your calipers and reflectors?

Maybe you didn't do it when you first got it and maybe YOU don't think it looks ugly (I'm not saying that it does so don't take offense) but isn't it basically the same thing?
I had my reflectors painted NBP at a body shop...as for the calipers, the paint is flat black and covering RUST. There's a difference. But think what you want...I'm no riceboy, I assure you. I was just stating my opinion.