PDA

View Full Version : weird grease coming out of my front passenger wheel

Bushido
04-17-2003, 06:11 AM
i was cleaning my car today and i noticed there was a lot of grease on the inside of my rim and i looked at the rest of the wheels and it was only that one rim that was really greased up. i lifted the car and noticed that it was on the bracket thing that's holding the wheel (sorry im a newbie). can anyone tell me what's going on?

i talked to my friend and he said it was a cv boot that was messed up.. can anyone tell me if its a serious problem or not..

sonic imperial
04-17-2003, 06:18 AM
That is absolutely something you need to go to the dealer and have them fix. It should be under warranty provided you haven't played with the suspension enough to cause the problem. But yes, a cut in the cv boot or something will cause that and once the grease is gone, you will eventually blow the joint. If you take it now, odds are you might have saved it in time.

Bushido
04-17-2003, 06:22 AM
i'm afraid to go to the dealership because i had installed my springs, but it looks like its been there before i even installed them onto my car. do you think theyd do it even if i lowered my car?

sonic imperial
04-17-2003, 06:26 AM
it's worth a shot. if all you need is a boot kit and they won't cover it, you're looking at about $65. For an entire cv joint at the dealer, somewhere around $200.

simione
04-17-2003, 07:40 AM
they same thing happened to me. i was putting my springs on and when i was pulling the shock out i accidentally hit the cv boot and put a tear in it. i took it up to courtesy honda and they covered it under warranty. they even overnighted the boot and it was on the car the next day. if you go there ask for mark morehouse. he is the coolest. and request the terry cone work on your car. they always work on my car. i have been going there for years with all of my hondas. if you go there and talk to mark just tell him that you think your cv is leaking and they will check it out. just tell mark that mike simi told you to come to him if you go. hth

Bushido
04-17-2003, 08:32 AM
courtesy honda? cool, thats where i got my car from. i was afraid that they didn't work on modded cars.