PDA

View Full Version : strutbar options...

mental
04-17-2003, 07:22 AM
how does everyone feel about the DC sports strutbar... can you notice any performance gains... at all... should i wait on the DTHREEDESIGNS bar to come out... i know and trust D3's work and it attaches to the fire wall, and thats what i want but is there anything esle that will perform just as well! i am considering fabricating my own at my metal fab shop here in dallas so let me know what you guy think... to sum up...
1. how good is the DC ( any performance gains)
2. when could i get my hands on the D3 bar... (dr. designs where ya at on this one!)
3. any one in the dallas tx area interested in helping me design a bar... that works! lol it must obviously work... any way thanx people

Dunrick
04-17-2003, 07:54 AM
The Dr. is the way to go, once I get some sort of price repsonce back from him....

fsugatorbait
04-17-2003, 10:20 AM
Ive read alot of bad reviews about dc strut braces. Alot of people have said that their bar has bent due to the holes that DC puts in their bars.

todaCspec
04-17-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
Ive read alot of bad reviews about dc strut braces. Alot of people have said that their bar has bent due to the holes that DC puts in their bars.

That's the old 3 piece polished design, not the new titanium design. That thing is strong and light.

D3 design is nice, but is taking forever to come out and is priced at $200+ for steel. Better off going w/the Neuspeed strut bar, it's four point and does the job well.

If you going to fabricate one in the shop, you can follow something similar to the Neuspeed bar. All you need is for it to connect from one strut side to the other strut side.

ecsahs3
04-21-2003, 08:58 PM
D3 "is" taking forever. I can't wait any longer. I figure, if D3's is not available by a month, I'll probably just go with another brand.

chubbychu
04-21-2003, 09:06 PM
just my opinion but why not wait for the d3? theres nothing to lose by waiting. If it doesnt look or feel right...than get rid of it and get a neupeed.