PDA

View Full Version : Damnit!...RANT!!!

greenguy
08-05-2002, 06:06 PM
Had My alarm installed today, and the guy who was showing me the shock sensors "pounded" his fist on the drivers A pillar and put three dents in it!
I was like "thats cool ( the chirp) but the dents are not."
He was like "Uh, hmmmm, you also have starter kill."
I was like "Dude you just dented my car! What the hell?!?"
He told me to talk to the owner.
I go tell him and He's like " really? What kind of car do you have? It mustent be very strong."
I told him "Nooo Its your install guy, He's too strong."
Long story short he told me to get it fixed and He'll remburse me the cost. Thats cool and all but WTF?!?!
Are our cars bodys that flimsy???
:(

iR-VTEC2
08-05-2002, 06:19 PM
Cars these days are made to absorb and diffuse impact, not handle them.

A car that is too strong is a death trap.

SBC31
08-05-2002, 07:18 PM
He used his fist????? Who the hell would use a fist and not expect to damage a car. That guy is one dumbass.

DJQuikFingaz
08-05-2002, 07:18 PM
But still, he shouldn't have even touched your car. Exactly how hard did he hit?

SpeedRacer
08-05-2002, 07:26 PM
yea what an idiot you should of used your fist on his nose then after breaking his nose told him that he must have a week nose.

LateSleeper
08-05-2002, 07:36 PM
I did the same thing to my 00 Cougar except I did it on the front left fender. I was removing my strut tower brace with one hand and with the other, I was levering off the fender. End result was a palm print and boat load of cussing. :eek:

Glad that the owner of the shop is paying for your damages.

DJQuikFingaz
08-05-2002, 07:45 PM
yea what an idiot you should of used your fist on his nose then after breaking his nose told him that he must have a week nose.
BWHAHA

2k2civicSi
08-05-2002, 08:21 PM
what a dumbass
how hard did he hit it???

Silver '02 Si
08-05-2002, 08:43 PM
What a fu*king maroon...and then the nerve to try and play it off...get the dealer to write a ticket with cost x 2 for your aggrivation... :mad: :eek: :rolleyes: :confused:
:D

greenguy
08-06-2002, 09:55 AM
Hey All! Glad to hear some feel my pain.
Anyways took it to "Dent King" and he told me about the crumple zone and its designed to do that.
He used these sucksion cup disks with hot glue on them, let it dry, then used a pump to pull/pop it out. Then used a wooden dowel and a mallet to masage it smoothe. Did a beautiful job! 99.9% perfect. He was worried that it would need to be wet sanded painted and polished, but it looks great, so...
total cost was $125. The stereo place thought it was too much $ but he re-embursed me the full amount. No extra $ ( i didnt expect it.)
All in all I am happy, and will have the same shop do all my stereo stuff as they do Beautiful work.:)

SBC31
08-06-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by greenguy

All in all I am happy, and will have the same shop do all my stereo stuff as they do Beautiful work.:)
Pretty brave of you letting them touch your car in the future. Make sure they don't bang on the dash to show the stereo is secure in there...lol!:D :D

Good to hear all worked out.

Az02Si
08-07-2002, 12:42 AM
What shop was it in the valley???

greenguy
08-07-2002, 07:39 AM
Before I post the name of the shop i must reinforce my statements that they do Beautifull work! I spent thousands there with my last rise and will spend tousands there with my Si. They are that good. Just one bad insident <----"dent!"

The shop is "Sounds Good To Me" in Tempe @ Mill & Broadway.
I highly recomend them.

Brenetics
08-07-2002, 08:41 AM
after he hit my car i would have hit him

Silver '02 Si
08-07-2002, 08:40 PM
:eek: damn, he thought $125 was too high??? i'd get a new shop personally... but, then again, i do all my own stereo work :D good luck on any future dealings with this place ;)

Az02Si
08-08-2002, 12:52 PM
Did business with them in the late 90s when i was here for school.Thats still why ill NEVER let a shop touch my car.Im an MECP certified installer,so when its time for that stuff ill just take a day off and do it.Other people working INSIDE my car makes me reaaalllyyy nervous.

greenguy
08-08-2002, 02:44 PM
I know what I want to put in it, so If you are willing to help me I would love to take you up on your offer. It will be in the next month or two.