PDA

View Full Version : Is my '02 Si getting used to my driving style or is it just me?

ep pilot
04-17-2003, 07:59 PM
Please tell me it

mrfixit687
04-18-2003, 01:14 AM
its always liek that with every car, after you've driven ur car a while it feels slow

cmk05
04-18-2003, 07:19 AM
Maybe you should check your exhaust outlet for bananas - excess backpressure may cause a decrease in performance.

Prime Si
04-18-2003, 08:26 AM
yeah, i think after a while the whole new car thing kinda wears off. I have to tell you tho, i was kinda feeling the same way, so last weekened i threw an AEM CAI on. all i can say is wow. now i'm constantly running towards redline in every gear, and if I'm in the drivers seat, you can bet i'm grinning like an idiot just like i did when i first brought her home.
It's kinda like a relationship i guess. After a while, you get bored, so you gotta spice things up a bit. ;)

Impact23
04-18-2003, 08:26 AM
Is the Si keeping you happy now? I am in the same boat as you. I have owned 5 cars and am wanting to move onto a sixzth with it being the Si. I too am planning on going from my 1.8T GTI to a EP. Are you still happy with your purchase? I am only asking because the jetta had to be much quicker than the si if you modded it. I am wanting an EP pretty bad but going back to high 15 sec Et's will own me I think? I just want a reliable car that drives the same every time I step in it unlike my GTI. :(

BlackBullet02Si
04-18-2003, 11:36 AM
I'm thinking you'll be a little unhappy with the performance coming from a GTI. Especially that turbo. But if you're buying the EP to mod it, then you should be fine. Stock, which mine still is, the car is fast, but the GTI is a lot different. I never would have bought the GTI tho, it was too expenisive, (Came to 6k more than the Si), and it used premium gas - not to mention poor reliability of VW. Overall I'm more than happy with the purchase and I still love the car after I've been driving it for over a month.

BlairSpeed
04-18-2003, 12:57 PM
I was 90% sure I was going to be a '98 white GTI VR6 with only 48k before I went looking at Hondas. :o I didnt think I could afford the car I wanted new for only $12-16k so I was just looking at used cars. I had already put a refundable deposit on the GTI and was just waiting for the dealership to do the final inspection on it before I came in to sign the papers. Well, the day before, my dad convinced me to go look at some new cars which he thought would be more "practical" for me. I didnt know of the new SI and was just thinking of Hyundai's :rolleyes: and Civic EX's, Accords, etc. I saw the Si's on the lot and fell inlove at first sight. Next to the other Civic's it looked really good, so I test drove it and then the salesman said they had great deals on the '02 models so we took her home for $16,200.00 out da doe! :D

BlairSpeed
04-18-2003, 01:05 PM
and staying withing the subject of the post, I drove my Si off the lot on Nov. 1st and have about 7800mi on her now. Since day one, she has only improved with age. I have added an SRI and rear strut bar and I love driving her.
My only gripe is that I cant execute smooth shifting unless I driver her hard. Just shifting at like 3-4k takes much more concentration to shift smoothly. I dont mean grinding of any sort, just a jerk-free :p change of gears. Other than that, I have noticed her pull harder over the past 3k miles especially with the SRI, HUGE improvement. Im very glad I didnt get the GTI. :angel: