PDA

View Full Version : Skunk 2 Type R Shift knob

SiNi$t3R
04-17-2003, 09:29 PM
I've had this shift know ever since DEC' and I can tell u guys that i absolutely love it! It weighs 440 grams . Heavy ass all hell for a little thing which is wierd enough for me to buy this product. When i was at the shop lookin at it, I took it out of its nice foam material and dropped it about 2in onto the glass display case. Needless to say the dude at the shop wasnt pleased cuz I cracked the glass a bit. But I said "what the hell!" and bought the damn shift knob. Whenever I hear People saying "This shift knob or that shift knob is going to help ur shifts", I use to think that is total F#*@!N bullshit. But once I screwed this on, I'm never goin to look back. My shifts feel smoother than ever . Better than that damn MoMo knob that costed me an arm and a leg. Shit I dont care if this damn knob is welded to my shifter. I dont think ill ever take it off. ..... well except when i show my buddies and unscrew it . They usually have to examine it for a long time cuz the damn thing is so heavy and its strange.

RacingCivicSi02
04-17-2003, 10:56 PM
Looks nice.

toe knee
04-17-2003, 11:25 PM
yeah i borrowed my friends for awhile. The shifting is really smooth. :) Thumbs up.

joshua
04-18-2003, 08:19 AM
nice man i just bought that same one and i love it yeah it feels so heavy but really weighs less than a pound it is a bad ass shift knob

IceD out N CALI
04-18-2003, 09:31 PM
looks good

LazyAzzAzian
04-19-2003, 11:26 AM
hey i got the same knob, the weight of it definitely makes shifting easier, its really nice, got mine for $38 off ebay

Brenetics
04-27-2003, 01:09 AM
yup, i have the same one. it's tight, but on really cold or hot days it's a bitch!

SiNi$t3R
04-27-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Brenetics
yup, i have the same one. it's tight, but on really cold or hot days it's a bitch!
Yeah they will get u on hot days/

i-WERKS
04-28-2003, 07:00 AM
Just picked one up this weekend and i'm shocked. No one believes me when I tell them it made shifting so much smoother. It's a lot smaller than I thought it was and the pics don't do it justice.

SiNi$t3R i found a way to hide that nut on the bottom and have the shift boot go right up to the knob.
What you do is take out the whole shift boot panel, then screw on the nut that came with the knob. Then take the chrome ring that was attached the to stock shift knob and put it upside down on top of the nut (so that the clips on the chrome piece is facing down) Then reassemble the bottom panel and screw on the knob.
The chrome ring will hold up the shift boot so there won't be a gap between the boot and the knob. I'll post pics when i get my digicam back from my GF.

BlackNRedSi
04-28-2003, 09:33 AM
how much was it? where you get it? i want one!

Eric

D-04
04-28-2003, 11:48 AM
I was interested in getting the same knob. I was wondering though, is the Skunk2 etched in or is it just a sticker I can remove? Thanks

Makross
04-28-2003, 02:09 PM
its engraved looks good

02SilverSiHB
04-28-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by i-WERKS
Just picked one up this weekend and i'm shocked. No one believes me when I tell them it made shifting so much smoother. It's a lot smaller than I thought it was and the pics don't do it justice.

SiNi$t3R i found a way to hide that nut on the bottom and have the shift boot go right up to the knob.
What you do is take out the whole shift boot panel, then screw on the nut that came with the knob. Then take the chrome ring that was attached the to stock shift knob and put it upside down on top of the nut (so that the clips on the chrome piece is facing down) Then reassemble the bottom panel and screw on the knob.
The chrome ring will hold up the shift boot so there won't be a gap between the boot and the knob. I'll post pics when i get my digicam back from my GF.
why don't you guys just get the JDM shift boot that comes with the silver thing? It would look better, not expensive either, only about 46 bucks: JDM Shift boot (http://www.optauto.com/webstore/product_information.asp?number=HON-CTRSB1&variation=&aitem=6&mitem=17&back=yes&dept=1228)

BlackNRedSi
04-28-2003, 03:01 PM
I don

02SilverSiHB
04-28-2003, 05:31 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BlackNRedSi
[B]I don

golferjn
04-28-2003, 10:39 PM
nice shift knob

BlackNRedSi
04-29-2003, 10:49 AM
Thanks !

how much was this knob where

AkronSi
04-29-2003, 11:47 AM
Looks nice. I like that darker metallic look.

i-WERKS
05-05-2003, 06:08 AM
no need for a JDM shift boot. I think this looks pretty good. As promised here's the pic.

SiNi$t3R mine doesn't look as shiny as yours.