PDA

View Full Version : ??? To anyone with injen cai (not shorty)

Silver '02 Si
08-05-2002, 08:37 PM
I'm wondering what ya'll think about this cai system! I like the injen system better than most...I hear not all aem user's are happy, and not all too interested in the typhoon even though i like k&n all the same...i really want to go true cai till a turbo or sc come out then shwoosh buddy... Tx all...

2k2civicSi
08-05-2002, 08:42 PM
if you dont like the aem cai like me compteck hav the ice box out for are eps

www.nopionline.com

David K.
08-05-2002, 08:45 PM
Damn............. with all your stereo equip you're gonna need a turbo or s/c!!! Just kidding; pprobably sounds bad ass. As far as the Injen goes, I don't know if anybody on this site even has one, at least I can't remember reading about it. I have the Typhoon, and I'm telling you it's awesome. Sounds incredible, installed in about 1/2 hr., and it was too cheap!!! Seriously, if you're considering forced induction down the road you will have to ditch whatever intake you buy anyway so IMO save the bucks. Or just go ahead and get the Injen cold air and let us know how it works out.

Silver '02 Si
08-05-2002, 08:46 PM
Thinkin' maybe DC Sports cai when it releases too...glad all i've done is stereo so far...atleast the tein coilovers are just about out...that's the only thing i'm set on...:D

Silver '02 Si
08-05-2002, 08:49 PM
Still undecided, even on the 4 10's, i have a single 10" alumapro i'm thinkin' i might put in instead and sell the 4 kenwood 10's...decisions, decisions....:confused:

2002Si
08-07-2002, 12:58 PM
Man I hope that you ordered the Injen CAI. I love the Shit out of mine. That thing makes more noise going down the road than an 2000 Si on steriods. And yes you can actually feel the extra torque, but it's not a whole lot of torque though. The Sound just really gets me. My buddy has got an 02 Si and he's got the AEM CAI. When we ride side by side I am a whole lot louder than him and faster!!! Maybe he just can't drive though. Does that answer your question??

Silver '02 Si
08-07-2002, 08:19 PM
yes, it does...did you have to mod anything on the car? it sits behind the battery right? thanks for your response!!! ;)

2002Si
08-08-2002, 05:14 AM
Yeah, It goes around the battery and dips down behind the headlight in the hole under the battery. You have to relocate your fuse box but Injen gives you a mounting bracket that goes on the two brake resevoir bolts to put the fuse box on. It looks really clean!!!;) You have to cut 1/2 an inch off of that hole that's under the battery, I did it with a Dremel. It's only $207.00 UPS ground, and you'll get it in about 5 days.

Silver '02 Si
08-08-2002, 09:34 PM
Sweet...thanks for the info bro!!! :D