PDA

View Full Version : tein suspension?

USMCSI
04-18-2003, 04:50 PM
Where is a good place to get a good deal on tein suspension? Redline auto e-mailed me back and said that they don't carry it anymore. I am looking for the ss kit, and probably upper mounts.
Thanks.

Quicksilver
04-18-2003, 05:39 PM
With a retail of around $1250, the best consistent price I could find was about $1100-1150. On occasion Group Buy Center has a retailer that will sell them for around $1050-1100.

Here's something to think about, though, if you're wanting upper pillow mounts. Retail for them is around $300, add to that the SS coilovers at around $1150 and you're paying $1450 total. For that price, you might as well pay the extra money for the Tein Type Flex units. I can't remember where, but you can get them for about $1580. They come with pillow mounts, are ride height/spring preload independantly, and you can upgrade to the EDFC unit which allows you to control the dampening rates from inside the car.

Just do a little searching before you purchase, and you can probably save yourself $100 easily. If you need more info, I put some in the Rave & Review section of the forum under coilovers (I've got the Tein SS).

Quicksilver
04-18-2003, 06:04 PM
Because I'm such a nice guy, here's a link to the group buy for Tein Type Flexs for our car for $1581: Linkie (http://www.groupbuycenter.com/buy.aspx?id=9536)

If you want the Tein SS kit, I'd check with Chuck at Showstoppers (one of the vendors here). If I recall they had a good price on them, but I couldn't find the old post for exact details.

USMCSI
04-18-2003, 08:53 PM
Thank you very much. I guess when I break it down Barney style in my head that really is a much better deal. Once again thank you.