PDA

View Full Version : remove Backseat

jeffspeed23
04-19-2003, 09:35 AM
has any1 just removed there back seat for "weight reduction". my back seat are not in use and i will probaly remove it and put a bored (carpeted) up where the opening is. this is where my 2 amps will be placed since theres little room in the trunk.
any1 second this or will it look to ghetto though i think its the only way you can house to fairly sized amps, i did this to my 2k1 ex and it looked pretty tight. i had to spend more money for extra length on my cables/wires b/c i had to put them in the side panels rather than straight to the center of the backseat.
since this is mainly about the backseat i put it in the discussion rather than the electronic forum.:angel:

Dunrick
04-19-2003, 10:18 AM
Yeah search for weigh reduction - some dude got about 100 lb's out the ass of his car...says it helps too - as it should...

BlasTech
04-19-2003, 02:19 PM
That was me, and yes the seat backs are heavy.

Here's the rundown of wieght in the back:

Jack: 4 lbs

Spare Tire: 26 lbs

Upper deck tray, cargo floor board, and cargo floor matt: 5 lbs (really!)

Rear butt cushion: 9 lbs (feels lighter, but its true)

Right Rear 60% seat back: 26 lbs (the center shoulder harness hardware is inside there)

Left Rear 40% seat back: 14 lbs

Misc Seatbelt hardware and panels: aobut 10 more lbs.

TOTAL: 94 lbs. (give or take a couple)

The best way to describe how it runs is to drive with a passenger in the back, and brake hard and corner hard, then without a passenger do the same... its like doing that.