PDA

View Full Version : Strut bar recamendations

Si_Gurl02
04-20-2003, 12:53 PM
I was talking to Xler8 at Import Revolution when it was at Chicago. By the way, nice ride Xler8!!!!!!! Anyway, He told me that something i really needed to do was install a lower strut bar to make the handling so much better. I do want to install one but can not find one for the EP3. I have a 02 Si and if anyone knows of a place where I can find one for a really good deal, please let me know. I would appreciate it.

Also I live in Naperville, outside of chicago. I would like to get to know some other EP3 owners around here and i read in the local postings that people were meeting up. Where do you guys meet up and what do you guys do to keep yourselves busy? I am a new owner ( got it about a month ago ). Let me know!

paralysis
04-20-2003, 02:41 PM
About the lower strut bar, you can do a search on it. I know a lot of people were talking about it not long ago. I was going to do a search on it for you but there was some kind of error you may try later.

I am in Chicago also, and I have not seen anything about a Chicago meet. I was thinking about posting something about a meet, hell I would not care if it was just 1-2 people. Just a reason to go out and eat and talk and look at EPs.

02SilverSiHB
04-20-2003, 03:53 PM
Lower strut bar? Maybe he was talking about Neuspeeds X brace? When I hear strut bar I usually think of front and rear upper strut bars.

Upgrading your rear sway is a good way to improve handling. The progress rear sway and tie bar combo is great from the feedback I have seen from Cone Killer. I believe he also has a RSX front sway also.

I only have a rear tie bar and RSX rear sway and I could actually feel a difference. I also have a rear upper strut bar, but I don't really think it helps all that much.

I know Neuspeed has a decent priced (compared to the over priced DC) front strut bar...they usually help, but I'm wondering if it will be much of a difference with these cars of ours...they are much more refined than the earlier civics. I had a 97 EX, so I have something to compare to.

Anyway, hope that helped.

mhx
04-20-2003, 05:37 PM
I would look into http://www.neuspeed.com/

Si_Gurl02
04-21-2003, 01:50 PM
Thanks for all your help guys! Thanks!