PDA

View Full Version : Cheap luxury

snubnose
08-06-2002, 02:27 AM
There are some things I don't need in a car. I refer to these things as "cheap luxury" because, although the car makers think these options have the aura of luxury, they often cheapen the car.

auto-dimming mirror. Yea, I really need this.

heated leather seats. Come on, do you really want to weigh the car down with this? How about heated head rests?

navigation system. I'd rather use a map.

6 disc changer and a cassette player. I just don't need it. Those things are available in any cheap boom box.

upgraded alarm system. So my horn can go off for no reason.

climate control All I need is a simple AC and heater. Do you really think that setting the climate control at 72 will give you a temp of 72? If it doesn't work like it should, then don't install it for me, please.

All I want is a simple, spartan car in which everything works right. To me, that's luxury.

iR-VTEC2
08-06-2002, 02:43 AM
I want a car to cook me pancakes in the morning, iron my clothes, wash and wax and vaccum itself, pump its own gas, drive me when im too drunk/tired to drive, coax me on when some lesser car invades my space, act like knightrider, polish my shoes, and dispense twizzlers.

Luxury : )

insomniac
08-06-2002, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by snubnose
There are some things I don't need in a car. I refer to these things as "cheap luxury" because, although the car makers think these options have the aura of luxury, they often cheapen the car.

auto-dimming mirror. Yea, I really need this.

heated leather seats. Come on, do you really want to weigh the car down with this? How about heated head rests?

navigation system. I'd rather use a map.

6 disc changer and a cassette player. I just don't need it. Those things are available in any cheap boom box.

upgraded alarm system. So my horn can go off for no reason.

climate control All I need is a simple AC and heater. Do you really think that setting the climate control at 72 will give you a temp of 72? If it doesn't work like it should, then don't install it for me, please.

All I want is a simple, spartan car in which everything works right. To me, that's luxury.

Armrest. Who needs an armrest. (Me! :mad: )

SpacemanSpiff
08-06-2002, 06:00 AM
I disagree with you on the climate control. My last car had it (Acura CL) and the Si doesn't. I end up fidlling with the AC controls a lot more now than when I had climate control. I'd rather have my hands on the wheel than on the AC knob.

SBC31
08-06-2002, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by SpacemanSpiff
I disagree with you on the climate control. My last car had it (Acura CL) and the Si doesn't. I end up fidlling with the AC controls a lot more now than when I had climate control. I'd rather have my hands on the wheel than on the AC knob.
TIP: If you can use 1 hand to shift and one hand when steering, I think using one hand to lower/raise the temperature and one hand to steer can be done easily.:D ;) :)

greenguy
08-06-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by SBC31

TIP: If you can use 1 hand to shift and one hand when steering, I think using one hand to lower/raise the temperature and one hand to steer can be done easily.:D ;) :)

I disagree. In the mornings here, its hot enuf to use AC, but not all the time. So I find myself constantly hiting the AC button. If I had C/C then I could " set it and forgetit!" <--- bad infomercial:D

SpeedRacer
08-06-2002, 11:40 AM
i like the navigation system. I think if you can afford to have that in your car it is worth it. my dad had it in his old car and it is a handy tool it did alot more than give directions and it looks cool too

02TafWhtSi
08-06-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by greenguy
If I had C/C then I could " set it and forgetit!" <--- bad infomercial:D

Yeah - I really hate that commercial too - so, so stupid :D

civic hatch boi
08-06-2002, 07:09 PM
why do we have a moonroof? when do we ever use that.. just makes it 50lbs more :mad:
and rear seats.. who needs those.. i only need driver seat since i don't drive anyone around...

SpeedRacer
08-06-2002, 07:11 PM
can we remove the moon roof?