PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal w/ H&R SPRINGS?

SiR_d1
04-20-2003, 06:14 PM
why is it that I can't find any one w/ the H&R springs? isn't it supose to be the best springs? I can't comprehend why people are buying the pro-kits that offer only a 1.0" drop. I understand why certain people don't want to get the sportlines because they dont want to slam their cars and have to end up buying a camber kit. I personally was just going to get the most expensive spring and assume it's the best becasue it costs the most (hence mugen) but then I decided to get a drop I wanted, and H&R offers 1.3" on our EP so im just gonna go with that. So what I need to know from you people is does the pro kit really only drop your car 1.0" or is it more, and does 1.0" even make a difference. And why did people get the pro kits over the H&R, when they are suppose to be the best. Some feedback would be greatly appreciated...

All I want is a decent drop w/ the highest quality springs, thats all, price doesnt really matter b/c i'm will to pay for the best. Which is why i paid $300 for my 2.25 midpipe, when most of you only paid $150 at the most. Now you know how crazy I am.

ALSO: once comptech comes out w/ their icebox i'm going to be the first one to get it!:p :p

David K.
04-20-2003, 08:08 PM
I have the H&R Sport Springs on mine; love them.

02SilverSiHB
04-20-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by SiR_d1
why is it that I can't find any one w/ the H&R springs? isn't it supose to be the best springs? I can't comprehend why people are buying the pro-kits that offer only a 1.0" drop. I understand why certain people don't want to get the sportlines because they dont want to slam their cars and have to end up buying a camber kit. I personally was just going to get the most expensive spring and assume it's the best becasue it costs the most (hence mugen) but then I decided to get a drop I wanted, and H&R offers 1.3" on our EP so im just gonna go with that. So what I need to know from you people is does the pro kit really only drop your car 1.0" or is it more, and does 1.0" even make a difference. And why did people get the pro kits over the H&R, when they are suppose to be the best. Some feedback would be greatly appreciated...

All I want is a decent drop w/ the highest quality springs, thats all, price doesnt really matter b/c i'm will to pay for the best. Which is why i paid $300 for my 2.25 midpipe, when most of you only paid $150 at the most. Now you know how crazy I am.

ALSO: once comptech comes out w/ their icebox i'm going to be the first one to get it!:p :p
A few people lately have been complaining about H&R making too much knocking and other noises. They just don't seem to be good springs for this car. I had H&R on my 97 EX and loved them, but after seeing how people hate them, I'll stay away from them

SHAKEnBAKE
04-20-2003, 10:00 PM
Yes, I agree they do make good springs, I had them on my dad's 94 Accord. It seems like their not designed for our car at all. I really want to get them, but after spending some time reading other people experience, I'll put a hold on that.

Does anyone know whether they'll ever make any adjustment on the springs for our car?

MokujinX5
04-21-2003, 08:50 AM
I've got H&Rs on my 98 LX Sedan... they're great. They did make some weird noises at first, but after they settled, no noise/creaks at all. Either way you put it, you'll need a camber kit sooner or later if you lower the car. You might not be able to tell at first, but it'll get worse over time. I need 2 new tires for the front now... but GOOD LUCK!

MokujinX5
04-21-2003, 08:58 AM
I've got H&Rs on my 98 LX Sedan and they're great. After they settled, no creaks/noises at all. Either way you look at it, you'll need a camber kit sooner or later. You may not be able to tell at first, but it'll get worse over time. I need 2 new tires now because I waited too long. Good Luck though!

02CivicSI-VTEC
09-25-2003, 09:14 AM
well guys... for a fact each car and each spring for that car is different... it might ride better then other cars so its all depend.. i was planning to get H&R but im getting really confuse about how much it lower... some say 2 some say 1.5-8..WTF

chunky
09-25-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by SiR_d1

try using the search function.

I've posted many many many times that I LOVE the h&r sport springs. I think people were having problems with the initial batches of springs that came out, but more recently, the people who've gone H&R are quite pleased with the ride quality, drop, and overall quality.

They are a 2.0" drop however. H&r updated their site to reflect this after consumer complaints. If you're buying from a site that says they are 1.3" drop, find another place as they probably have the old batch of springs.

*edit* wow, this is an OLDASS thread. I retract my statement regarding the search function.