PDA

View Full Version : I hate the NSX

02SiHB
04-21-2003, 10:07 AM
*puts flamesuit on*

Am I the only one here that thinks the NSX is an over priced accord?

Mugen_EP
04-21-2003, 10:09 AM
ATTN MODS!!!!!

One of you ban this guy.

LsVtecStolen
04-21-2003, 10:26 AM
An over priced Accord?!?! Wow, what r u smoking.. got to get some of that.. :D

RiceCzechs
04-21-2003, 10:26 AM
I don't think it is necessary to ban him for a comment like that, though this thread belongs in another forum...

I rather like the NSX, though admittedly the styling hasn't age as well as perhaps I would've liked, and it is definitely time for a new model. That said, the price is right (for used models), and it a genuine real-world proposition... easily works as a daily driver to spice up the commute, as opposed to certain other "supercars" (not quite sure if I'd qualify the NSX as a genuine "supercar", but for the sake of argument...) that are less than reliable and lack tractability in stop-and-go traffic.

The NSX still gets a thumbs up from me, on the whole... I would never buy one new, but they make a good case for themselves used...

IceD out N CALI
04-21-2003, 10:42 AM
overpriced accord?:rolleyes: i dont see a connection:confused:

f1fever
04-21-2003, 10:45 AM
Well, over price it is. But please please don't compare it to Accord... Maybe a Jetta? (LoL)

I drove a 94 model once... It not as fast as I expected, but I am telling you it is a real sweet ride.

But for that price tag, I would rather to get something else. And I don't think the used NSX can go a lot lower than a new one. My friend just bought a 90 (or 89 not sure, but it is a first year released), and it cost him around $70000 CDN and a new one (03) would cost $130000.00 CDN (correct me if I am wrong). So I think the price on a NSX hold up pretty good.

Mugen_EP
04-21-2003, 10:47 AM
I was kidding about the banning thing, well....no I wasn't :D

This is like going to a NASCAR race and yelling "I Fuckin hate them damn domestics"!!

BlasTech
04-21-2003, 10:52 AM
Read some more about it.
You'll change your mind.

(leaves to measure hatch for engine relocation)

02SiHB
04-21-2003, 10:55 AM
Ban me? Get the hell out of here and stop being so brand loyal and ignorant.

First I'm gonna defend my statement.

The NSX is way overpriced (obviously).
For under 90 Grand, you could have a z06, Viper or what many can agree on what is one of the top automobiles ever made.. the M3. (or one of many other cars.)

Yes it has some styling cues... But lacks the raw power to back it up... Who wants a pretty $90,000 Honda (Yes, it's a Honda, don't kid yourself) with no balls behind it?

I love Honda/Acura... But the NSX is rediculous..

Yes, I've driven one.. Probably logged more miles in one than most people have in the ep.

Mugen_EP
04-21-2003, 11:00 AM
It was a F*ckin joke. Laugh a little bro.;)

LordKoo
04-21-2003, 11:16 AM
02SiHB,
You are right that NSX is really over-priced. But have you *actually* push the car to the 10/10 of the limits on the track?

NSX is a super car, not a family car like Accord. It is completely aluminum body (which car in this market does that?), mid-engine, completely double wish-bone suspension.

Stop dreaming... If you can afford one, you won't be complaining about the power. NSX is built on fitness, not excess ounce of fat in power or anything else.

Mugen Power
04-21-2003, 11:24 AM
It's handbuilt and all aluminum, INCLUDING suspension components. With that said, you still think the price isn't justified? Just because it doesn't push out 400 hp or whatever you'd like doesn't mean it's overpriced. You're just looking at it from a specific point of view (maybe price per HP?) instead of looking at it from a whole. Granted that it would be nice if it was cheaper, but I bet Honda's losing money on every one sold anyway...

02SiHB
04-21-2003, 11:28 AM
Dreaming? My family has OWNED an NSX... I guess I didn't make that clear enough up above.

Yes, I mentioned horsepower.. But youre telling me that the NSX is a better overall car than the M3? Hah, now you're the one dreaming.

Mugen Power
04-21-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by 02SiHB
But youre telling me that the NSX is a better overall car than the M3?

OOO, so maybe THAT'S the reason why EVO magazine labeled the NSX-R the car of the year. :D

IceD out N CALI
04-21-2003, 11:32 AM
Dreaming? My family has OWNED an NSX... I guess I didn't make that clear enough up above.

Yes, I mentioned horsepower.. But youre telling me that the NSX is a better overall car than the M3? Hah, now you're the one dreaming.

I do agree with you on the M3 part. Doesnt get much better than that IMO:)

Dunrick
04-21-2003, 11:41 AM
M3 is quicker - but will not outhandle a NSX

Mid engine - lighter, wider stance...NSX handles much better

02SiHB
04-21-2003, 11:42 AM
The SRT-4 was also named SSC car of the year? But so what.. That doesn't mean SHIT.

All Season Traction, Dynamic Stability Control, Dynamic Brake Control, M Variable Differential Lock...

I'd like to see the NSX go against an M3 on a dry or wet road course.

Mugen Power
04-21-2003, 11:56 AM
OK, well give Honda the chance to put out a 2nd gen NSX and then there will be something to say. As it stands, you're comparing a 2-year old Bimmer to a 13-year old Honda.

I know some of you are asking, "Why pay 90 g's for a 13-year old car? (the fact that the 97+ NSXs were changed quite a bit is besides the point)" The NSX just isn't for everyone, only for people who "get it," I guess. Just like I wouldn't pay 500 g's for some old school Ferrari, there are people who wouldn't pay 90 g's for a Honda.

02SiHB
04-21-2003, 12:06 PM
After driving NSX's, M3s, M5's, Vettes, s2ks, SLKs, 911's, and the ep3 that everyone loves so much.. Not to mention being a full blown enthusiast.. I guess I dont "get it"... I'm not sure anyone that pays 90 grand for a honda "gets it" themself either. Must be awfully confused.

LordKoo
04-21-2003, 12:29 PM
02SiHB,
I guess you are a pretty old fart or something. Have not you been keeping update on British magazines reviews of NSX vs all?

They did a comparison on NSX vs new M3 a year ago or something. They still came to one conclusion, NSX is still a true supercar. And for that entry price, it is a bargain compared with Ferrari and Porsche.

Since you claimed you have driven bunch of cars including 911s. What exactly are you claiming that NSX sucks except for the pricetag?

Feng
04-21-2003, 12:31 PM
02SiHB, i'm really confused as to why you started this thread...did you just wake up this morning and thought to your self "hmm i think i'm going to attack the NSX today..." if you don't like the car, don't buy it. AND the fact you are comparing the m3 and the neon to the NSX is just dumb and waste of time...i can think of lots of cars that are better than the nsx, the m3, the neon...but WHO CARES?????? for buy the money of the M3, i would a eg civic or integra and mod the shit out of it and fuckin rape the shit out of the m3 and neon and nsx. And the things your stating that you dislike so much about the NSX is all common knowledge...except how the NSX is just another accord or whatever bullshit you were saying...just chill out man

Papa Bear
04-21-2003, 12:43 PM
Ya I agree, I like the aluminum bodied mid-engined accord myself. Driven both....can't tell the difference!!:D

Pradamuimui
04-21-2003, 12:53 PM

The M3 is an amazing car. I can't argue with you there. But the NSX is an over-priced Accord? UGH...NO!!! Why? Well look at it this way. I and most other true car enthusiasts beleive that a car is much more then being able to drive down the road at obscene amounts of speed, with obscene amounts of hp. It is in the handling, design, hp, and craftsmanship of the car. The NSX is a finely tuned race car from the factory. It isn't made to go rediculously fast. It was built to handle, to turn on a dime. Just because mommy and daddy owned one doesn't give you the right to flame the hell out of it. So what if they let you drive it one day, and you decieded that it didn't go fast enough to get ur little dick all hard. It was built to seperate the men from the boys, and you my friend are just one of the boys.

pocketrocket
04-21-2003, 01:36 PM
If you pimp the NSX, where you gonna keep da bitches?

Now, get the M5, plenty of room for the women in the back, and still some damn respectable performance.

-PR

Mugen_EP
04-21-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Pradamuimui

The M3 is an amazing car. I can't argue with you there. But the NSX is an over-priced Accord? UGH...NO!!! Why? Well look at it this way. I and most other true car enthusiasts beleive that a car is much more then being able to drive down the road at obscene amounts of speed, with obscene amounts of hp. It is in the handling, design, hp, and craftsmanship of the car. The NSX is a finely tuned race car from the factory. It isn't made to go rediculously fast. It was built to handle, to turn on a dime. Just because mommy and daddy owned one doesn't give you the right to flame the hell out of it. So what if they let you drive it one day, and you decieded that it didn't go fast enough to get ur little dick all hard. It was built to seperate the men from the boys, and you my friend are just one of the boys.

Damn foo! You said everything I was to lazy to type. I agree 100%

pocketrocket
04-21-2003, 01:44 PM
But my question is, what can the 90k NSX do, that a 33k S2000, plus 5k in mods can't? (well, besides look cooler)

-PR

streaker666
04-21-2003, 01:50 PM
Personally, I find this thread pretty amusing...people are spitting at each other for each other's opinions.

A person's taste in cars is like a person's taste in women. Some people like fast classy cars but never drive them hard, some people like sport compacts and beat the crap out of it, some people like quick expensive cars and drives it fast, hell...some people prefer minivans (real ones) for crying out loud! It's as simple as a matter of taste, yet taste is a very subjective thing. When the price tag gets so high, taste is even more subjective 'cuz a person will have all the choices he/she wants. A Ferrari is a dream, a Porsche will definitely turn my crank, and hey...an M3 can do the job. What you like and how you use your cars is all one big opinion.

btw, on the topic of pimping...I once saw this fat ugly dude with an NSX (who couldn't even park straight...), well, the girl who stepped out of the passenger side was mind blowing. And I don't think most chicks would care if you drove an NSX, an M3, or a Porsche...the fact is, YOU HAVE MONEY! That's it...so many girls are materialistic all they care is money...you could be a millionaire driving a dump truck and still be popular with chicks (well, I guess that might be pushing it)

dw735
04-21-2003, 01:52 PM
i think a nsx looks like a shopping cart from a market.

EViLsneakyDUCK
04-21-2003, 01:56 PM
I like NSXs but I just think they are overpriced. For its price, I could get a Porshe GT3. And for ONLY $330,000 more, I could get a Porshe Carrera GT :D

King Kang
04-21-2003, 02:15 PM
I'm telling you guys.....if you're shopping for cars $90k plus, you have to buy one of these.....

www.ultimacars.com

For $140k and three months of your time, you'd hang with a Mclaren....or a 360. Steet legal race cars!

swampdonkey
04-21-2003, 02:17 PM
The fastest 0-60 I've ever seen on a NSX is 4.9. That's plenty fast for me. I also think its styling has held up pretty well. What is it 13 years old now and still going strong. Also ina recent cutomer survey by C&D it was rated the highest ever by its owners. Higher than ferraris or Porsches. 97% of the owners said they would consider buying another one. I think it is an excellent car.

Si4U2NV
04-21-2003, 02:41 PM
Just because you think a car is overpriced doesnt mean you should HATE it...;)

-Mike

http://www.acura.com/images/nsx/nsx_gal_wal_5_wall.jpg

HokieSi
04-21-2003, 02:51 PM
I saw an NSX on I-81 going north bound. It was a black w/ some aftermarket wheels. NSX is art. How many NSX's have you ever seen on the road? I've only ever seen 3, 1 in fl and 2 in va. I really don't think you can even compare a mk1 M3 to an NSX. Remember, some people doesn't buy cars for all around speed. The NSX is an all around awesome car. Sure you can get a Dodge viper for 90k but can you daily drive that to work? Do you want to sit in traffic? Do you want the ass end to swing out when you don't expect it? Do you want shitty reliability? You can make anything fast, even an NSX.

HokieSi
04-21-2003, 02:53 PM
btw, It was also raining :p A supercar that keeps its composure in the rain? oh no!

2k2_nbp_egg
04-21-2003, 04:04 PM
My views on the NSX - the new ones are gorgeous pieces of artwork, yet still overpriced. I would rather buy a used one for mid 30K and throw some bolt ons or maybe the comptech supercharger. The Honda reliability is another huge key point for the car, compared next to a ferrari/lambo. Honda did good in making a somewhat affordable ferrari. Also to say it's overpriced is pretty much like saying a Ferrari is overpriced - true but you get what you fucking pay for.

that said....

Originally posted by Mugen Power
It's handbuilt and all aluminum, INCLUDING suspension components. With that said, you still think the price isn't justified? Just because it doesn't push out 400 hp or whatever you'd like doesn't mean it's overpriced. You're just looking at it from a specific point of view (maybe price per HP?) instead of looking at it from a whole. Granted that it would be nice if it was cheaper, but I bet Honda's losing money on every one sold anyway...

It's handbuilt and all alluminim suspension...causes it to cost so much. And what happens in the end? It gets out cornered by a fucking Z06 which is almost half the cost. So....whats the point of having an all aluminum hand built suspension if it costs so much and gets outdone by a cheaper system that's just as sturdy? It's lighter? OK......so....? And he was looking at that price tag / HP numbers from a competitors stand point. Why should i buy xxx toy for 50 bux when i can have a better one for 25?

In my opinion, the only reason someone would pay that much for that car new is mainly the sheer attention factor, and the driving experience/supercar status. The car clearly needs an update however, because in 10 years all it's received is a couple more horsies, and it's image has been uplifted a little. IMO, it'd be worth every penny if it came with a mid engine mounted highly tunned aluminum alloy sub 4.5 liter V8 pushing out 450~ish HP, or a better V6 with IMA in the front for 400-500HP. Seriously, 290HP out of a 3.2? The nissan 350Z is putting 280 out of a 3.5. Come on...this thing does need some serious power before being slapped with a hefty 90K price tag. And yes P.R., Honda isn't really making a whole lot of money off of these things :(

edit : add AWD to the list of things the NSX should have for it's price tag. mmmmm AWD supercars are the sexy :)

CaptainMurphy
04-21-2003, 04:35 PM
The SRT-4 was also named SSC car of the year? But so what.. That doesn't mean SHIT.

All Season Traction, Dynamic Stability Control, Dynamic Brake Control, M Variable Differential Lock...

I'd like to see the NSX go against an M3 on a dry or wet road course.

any schmuck out on the road will be able to "drive" well with BMW's traction control systems, but where's the fun in that??

just wait a couple years when Honda puts a V-8 in the redesigned NSX, then we'll see who's flaming the NSX.

sniperSI
04-21-2003, 05:32 PM
I saw this video at racing zone once, they compared.

The old NSX Type R
The new NSX Type S
The OLD NSX Type Zero

Let me tell you, the way all these cars handled, they had some jap guys driving can't understand anything all in subtitles, in japan. However it was head to head accleration, speeed, handling thru twisty track runs. I watched while waiting to get my springs installed,

I am really not offering anything good to this post other then I'm assured that money is well spent in an NSX, this video was awesome, and went thru every detail and characteristic of the car, By the end of the video, I felt the car was well worth every penny they ask.

A true import racer right out of the box with stylings that pale the viper, and make a vette (more so on the intieror as well) look like a ragged out 92 dx.

EViLsneakyDUCK
04-21-2003, 05:37 PM
Have you guys heard of the Bugatti EB16-4 Veyron?

8.0 Liter W-16 Engine - 4 Turbochargers
1001 bhp at 6000 rpm
922 lb.-ft of torque at 5500 rpm
7 speed paddle activated manual
AWD
252 mph top speed
0-186 mph in under 14 seconds

All yours for $1 million

BarracksSi
04-21-2003, 06:53 PM
The NSX is the ONLY other car I would consider trying to keep if I won one in a contest. Everything else, I would drive for a weekend or so, then sell it to have cash to make my EP really, really fast.

Just another opinion.

Feng
04-21-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by EViLsneakyDUCK
Have you guys heard of the Bugatti EB16-4 Veyron?

8.0 Liter W-16 Engine - 4 Turbochargers
1001 bhp at 6000 rpm
922 lb.-ft of torque at 5500 rpm
7 speed paddle activated manual
AWD
252 mph top speed
0-186 mph in under 14 seconds

All yours for $1 million

yes...came out around the time when the Enzo did, also its very ugly, fast...but ugly, does anyone agree??

2k2_nbp_egg
04-21-2003, 07:06 PM
Oh my god....bugatti million dollar interior + stock 20's + stock 7 speed tranny + stock 16 fucking cylinders + stock 4 :eek: turbos + stock dual clutch system + stock AWD. Dude it doesn't matter, the exterior looks good enough to sport how overdone that car is. But overdone in a good way...you know? Like the matrix reloaded :)

p.s. there's a million C5s on the road, which makes em look even more greaseball / non-eye catching than they already are. The NSX's exclusitivity helps it look gorgeous even though it's hardly changed it's appearance in over 13 years. JMO tho

SiR Medic
04-22-2003, 08:14 AM
When the NSX came out 13 years ago... IT WAS THE SHIT.

At that time, it was comparable to the Ferrari 348 and the Porsche 911. It also had Honda reliability (unlike the tempermental euro cars)

Since then, Ferrari now has the 360 Modena and Porsche has the new 911 Turbo S. Both of these cars will clean the NSX's clock.

Over the past 13 years, Honda has done very little to the NSX besides add an autostick(boo!), targa roof(yay!) and add a few more ponies(not enough to matter).

Right now, I'm honestly surprised they still sell the NSX, since it is simply overwhelmed by the competition.

However, if rumors are true about the NextGen NSX... LOOK OUT. These rumours started with the NSX getting a V8 or a V10.

However the latest rumour is that the next NSX will keep the high-revving V6 driving the rear wheels... And will use a EMA (electric motor assist) to drive the front wheels. This would not only be a first for automobiles, but would give the NSX incredible fuel mileage.

This would live up to the NSX's spirit. The first generation proved that an exotic-class car could be made reliable. The second might just prove that an exotic could also be enviromentally friendly!:)

todaCspec
04-22-2003, 10:40 AM
Don't be haten!

Actually it's a very old body style(10+yrs), they need to give it a face lift. Just by changing the headlights and taillights is not going to cut it. I guess it's Acura style.

I'd prefer driving a 94+ Supra twin turbo w/ a few upgrades of course.:p