PDA

View Full Version : How much motor-related fun can I have for $1000?

BarracksSi
04-21-2003, 10:53 PM
Say that I've got $1000 to play around with, or maybe up to $1500.

I'm hesitant to get new wheels, because 1) they'll get beat up on DC's curbs & streets; 2) they'll attract unwanted attention (I like having a sleeper); 3) I don't have enough free weekends to go racing with any regularity; and 4) I'm just not convinced that any performance gains are worth those tradeoffs.

I'm well aware of the audio system possibilities, so I'm asking about the engine, about which I've been learning only in the past year.

Turbo? I/H/E? Hondata? Suggestions? Comments? Snide remarks?

chubbychu
04-21-2003, 10:58 PM
well im pretty much a newbie...but you could just go for your basic "like you said" injen CAI/Dc headers/Custom Midpipe setup and throw in the hondata mod. thats pretty much your best bet for all motor mods. unless you wanted to do some of the more complicated mods...which i know nothing about! :D

ULTRAMANIA
04-21-2003, 11:02 PM
yea for $1500... you can forget the turbo... oh how i wish it was in that price range...;)

jeffspeed23
04-21-2003, 11:24 PM
I just bought my I/H/E today lil over a grand, i was quite hesitant with the intake and header since i wanted a turbo in the next year hopefully by HKS. but since i got a waiting period, i went ahead and got it.:(
modacar aem cai.......$200
modacar dc header.......300 (sale)
optauto hks hp exaust....low 600 includes shipping
modacar neuspeed short shifter 105-110