PDA

View Full Version : Mandrel Bent Mid-Pipe

David K.
08-06-2002, 01:47 PM
Anyone familiar with Motionmania.net? I was just looking in the Aug. 2002 Sport Compact Car on pg. 58-59 and saw their ad. Gave them a call and their working on a 2.5" mandrel bent mid-pipe w/ resonator for our cars. Said it should be late Sept. and prices will be $149 for mild steel and $199 for stainless.

JSIR
08-06-2002, 06:46 PM
I lost a bit of bottom end going to a 2.25" crush bent mid pipe, it still decent but I would think a 2.5" mandrel mid-pipe would be much worse. This is with the stock header, not sure what would happen once an aftermarket header is added though. I will soon see though.

xlr8
08-06-2002, 06:46 PM
cool, if the hks exhaust is realy only an axle back ill get one

SpeedRacer
08-06-2002, 07:13 PM
why would you want axle back?:confused:

2k2civicSi
08-06-2002, 08:10 PM
i want a mid will it make the exhoust louder

DrPimpSiR
08-06-2002, 08:59 PM
I just came back from MBRP performance exhaust inc. here in Canada. They are a company that manufactures stainless, mandrel-bent exhaust systems and parts, in it's factory in Ontario. They used my car for a prototype cat-back 2.25" system!
This should be released by the end of the month. It features a mid pipe with resonator, and tail/muffler in one of two styles- 3.5" tip on the end of a canister style; and a more aggressive dual muffler style. All of these parts are made of stainless steel, mandrel bent, and available separately. I should have the pics tomorrow, and I'll post them directly!:D

David K.
08-21-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by DrPimpSiR
I just came back from MBRP performance exhaust inc. here in Canada. They are a company that manufactures stainless, mandrel-bent exhaust systems and parts, in it's factory in Ontario. They used my car for a prototype cat-back 2.25" system!
This should be released by the end of the month. It features a mid pipe with resonator, and tail/muffler in one of two styles- 3.5" tip on the end of a canister style; and a more aggressive dual muffler style. All of these parts are made of stainless steel, mandrel bent, and available separately. I should have the pics tomorrow, and I'll post them directly!:D

I know the group buy is on the kits, but are they still offering the mid-pipe seperately?

02blksi
08-21-2002, 06:28 PM
drpimp.. Great!!! --post those pics when you can -- joe

DrPimpSiR
08-21-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by David K.

I know the group buy is on the kits, but are they still offering the mid-pipe seperately?

I would say yes. Call them to be sure.
1-888-636-7223