PDA

View Full Version : Titanium Shift Knob

minimay7
04-22-2003, 02:01 PM
Hey guys.

I'm trying to put my previous car's (WRX) shift knob in my EP as a reminder. But, I noticed that the WRX's shift knobs hole is bigger than EP's. Is there any way to make the bigger shift knob fit our EP? If nothing works, I am thinking about filling it up with an epoxy.

Don't ask me why I want the STI knob in my EP. It's a purely a personal thing. I loved my WRX. And I'd like to remind myself of the old friend everytime I drive. Besides, that shift knob is freakin' awesome... heavy as Scott Peterson's lies.

Any info will help.

Here is the picture of the knob.

minimay7
04-22-2003, 10:56 PM
:(

No one knows how to do this....?

I kinda don't want to use the epoxy.... If I use it, it will be hard to take it off....

Speck
04-23-2003, 05:08 AM
Dunno if it will work for you, but it did for my MOMO knob.
Go to Target and look for one of those cheesy $19 knobs, make sure it's the type that is "Universal". In that package are 5-6 different inserts that you can use to screw in the knob. Check it out, if it does work return it.

-=speck=-

BarracksSi
04-23-2003, 02:14 PM
Or, use the one insert that works, then repackage everything else and return it.

:angel:

2k2_nbp_egg
04-23-2003, 09:36 PM
oh shit fool it's a [japanese fob]piston styre[/japanese fob] shift knob

but yea, do what they said. if the store clerk isn't looking, then just open up the shift knob box and take all the black rubber things, instead of buying the whole knob. if you get caught just act....like you're crazy, and on something weird :confused: :confused:

minimay7
04-23-2003, 11:59 PM
:o I know you guys are just joking...

But, as far as the solution is concerned... I will try it out.

And yes, those japanese characters says "piston style" in Katakana.

Speck
04-24-2003, 06:44 AM
I WAS going to say that, but I thought I should be Morally correct :)

For shame BarracksSI.... I expected more from a Marine ;-) Especially an 8th and I Marine.

-=speck=-
Former 2/8 MarDiv Infantry :)

BarracksSi
04-24-2003, 03:05 PM
Hehe... I couldn't resist, thought it would be funny.

william
04-24-2003, 11:38 PM
some automotive suppliers have metal thread inserts that may work. They look like little springs with no spaces between. Like a coil. Good luck

minimay7
04-25-2003, 02:26 PM
some automotive suppliers have metal thread inserts that may work

Do you know which automotive suppliers have this?

william
04-26-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by minimay7

Do you know which automotive suppliers have this?

I seen them at a NAPA automotive. I'll try to ask my dad who was a mechanic, what these things are actually called and who will have them. Get back to you later.

minimay7
04-28-2003, 11:00 AM
Do you know if there are after market short shifters?

I know the stock shifter's throw is pretty short. But, if there are other shifters, maybe I can find one that fit's my STI shift knob.

minimay7
05-13-2003, 10:15 PM
Tada~

Finally did the fitting of my sti knob!!!

Here is a little pic of it. It's too dark right now to get better pic. If you want it, I will try to get some better pics tomorrow.

Gah... the head looks huge in this pic. It's actually quite small...

Hey, William... I still want to know here I can get hold of those metal inserts. Can you post it here as soon as you find out? Thanx bro!!