PDA

View Full Version : Times have changed.

Civic03Si
04-22-2003, 03:25 PM
I think its weird how the word "ricer" became such a bad thing. Because i know like 4-5 years anyone who was hooking up hondas was considered "ricer". Lets be honest when the market first put out altezza lights everyone loved them. I just remember seeing my first "riced out" car wit a crazy body kit, big wing, stickers, altezzas, and loved it but i dont remember when i started down sizing those cars. Oh now i remember when Fast and the Furious came out:(

SHAKEnBAKE
04-22-2003, 03:44 PM
It's actually a stage that everybody have to go thru. I have to admit that few years back I altezza'd my dad's 94 Accord. Now I think it is hideous, but it was cool back then;)

AND HERE'S TO ALL OF YOU WHO ARE OVER 21 WHO DARED TO ALTEZZA THE EP3:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p9cca6e1058aec758250aa922efd36411/fc4c2a9b.jpg

SinisterCivicSi
04-22-2003, 05:13 PM
haa haa! yeah.....
personally i dont care for the "altezza'' taillights for the ep.....they remind me of those really big eyed goldfish you see in the pet store...with the huge eyes hangin off the sides of their heads, you all know what fish i am talkin about right? the ones you walked by and pointed to laughin......yeah those.

but to each his/her own....do what you do. if you like em go for it....but they will never be on my car. i personally love the taillights the ep has.....i think they are very nice...clean....not all that orange shit like all the older model civics.

EPHatchgirl
04-22-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by SHAKEnBAKE
It's actually a stage that everybody have to go thru. I have to admit that few years back I altezza'd my dad's 94 Accord. Now I think it is hideous, but it was cool back then;)

AND HERE'S TO ALL OF YOU WHO ARE OVER 21 WHO DARED TO ALTEZZA THE EP3:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p9cca6e1058aec758250aa922efd36411/fc4c2a9b.jpg

That is friggin hilarious.:D

Civic03Si
04-22-2003, 05:54 PM
Those altezzas for our Ep is ugly as hell, but i think altezzas on SUVs and trucks are worse. Oh yeah and Geo Metros hahahh...actually all altezzas look ugly except on the is300

RiceCzechs
04-22-2003, 05:58 PM
By and large, I think Altezzas have been REALLY overdone on most cars, though on certain cars they're a genuine improvement (certainly not on our EPs, though)... I'd like to see replacement units come out for our EPs anyhow, as I think the stockies look pretty lame...

Mugen Power
04-22-2003, 07:29 PM
Hmm, I never liked the Tezzas except for when they're on <gasp> IS300/Altezzas! I never went through a phase where I thought they were cool, not even for a second. I have something against things that bite off of original ideas, like those Altezza lights.

SmoothOperator
04-22-2003, 07:50 PM
http://www.lamer.net/altezzasuper.jpg
t3h gh3y3st butts3xor

SiGirl
04-22-2003, 07:58 PM
Thats fuckin' hilarious. The other day I was driving my ep..and this ricer gets up next to me and starts up on the "hey baby" thing. So, I roll down the window and give him a thumbs up and sarcastically say"nice altezzas." And you know what he does...he smiles and says.."thanks." NO CLUE!!!!!

SinisterCivicSi
04-22-2003, 08:02 PM
LOL ! like i said, you think they would even understand??

guess not.....some of them are totally clueless.

stephen
04-23-2003, 06:17 AM
MAN, THE OTHER DAY I SAW ALTEZZAS ON A LEXUS RX-300. OH MY GOD, WHAT A RICER!

chakra71
04-23-2003, 01:41 PM
I must chime in here because i think that altezzas RULE.

hahaha stop the insanity. I want to smash every set of altezzas i see. On 99% of cars the stock lights look better than the blingin altezza bs.

I saw this jacked up redneck GMC pickup truck the other day that had about a 5 inch lift on it with big mud tires and the roll bar on top with the lights. full redneck. and on the back, right next to the confederate flag and the silhouette of a dear were some APC altezzas, faded plastic and the 3 little dots of red in all their glory.

I shouted over to him, "Hey man, nice truck, i just love the altezzas!" He smiled real big like he was a big shot and said thanks and then i just died laughing. He just didn't get it.

SinisterCivicSi
04-23-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by chakra71
I shouted over to him, "Hey man, nice truck, i just love the altezzas!" He smiled real big like he was a big shot and said thanks and then i just died laughing. He just didn't get it.

LMAOROFL ~ yeah - like i said, they DONT get it. i'm gonna do that the next one i see.....just to see the reaction i get. LOL

cbecker333
04-23-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
http://www.lamer.net/altezzasuper.jpg
t3h gh3y3st butts3xor

I believe thats spelled "thuper!"

SIxtasy
04-23-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by stephen
MAN, THE OTHER DAY I SAW ALTEZZAS ON A LEXUS RX-300. OH MY GOD, WHAT A RICER!

You are kidding Right?????????? You know those are stock right??????? You know that the IS300 ( ALTEZZA ) is what started the whole thing right?????? I REALLY hope you were being sarcastic:eek: :cool: :cool: :cool:

IceD out N CALI
04-23-2003, 10:54 PM
i like altezza, but only on lexus where it was tastefully done stock. it looks too wannabe on the civics. and the altima, well it makes it look like a space shuttle

SiR Medic
04-24-2003, 07:07 AM
Altezza's are played out!

When I first saw them, I thought "Wow, that's kinda different!"

Now I only think "SIGH!"

Especially when I see altezzas on pick-up trucks, mini-vans, and sport-utes. I always love it when I see some car (usually a NEON) with rust spots, an ugly purple paint job that WAS trendy in '93, and HUGE rear wing... with altezzas! Why not get the car painted instead of spending all that money on useless stuff?

Part of the problem with altezzas is that they are not subtle. I mean, no matter how good the rest of the car looks, you get to the back and BAM! There are those two gaudy chrome things daring you to take your eyes off of them.

Altezzas serve NO PURPOSE. Do they make your tail-lights more visible? NO. Do they add power? NO. Their only real purpose is to make a car look different from others on the road... That's fine, except now ALL THESE OTHER CARS are getting altezzas too!

It's time to find alternitive to altezzas people, they aren't special anymore!

mhx
04-24-2003, 07:40 AM
I see more altezza's on trucks and domestics than i do honda's

stephen
04-24-2003, 08:19 AM
OH MY GOD. THE OTHER DAY I SAW SOME DUDE WHO HAD ALTEZZAS AND A HUGE WING ON HIS EVO. MAN, WHAT A RICER! WAY TO RUIN A 30 THOUSAND DOLLAR CAR!!!

SHAKEnBAKE
04-24-2003, 04:21 PM
OH MY GOD. THE OTHER DAY I SAW SOME DUDE WHO HAD ALTEZZAS AND A HUGE WING ON HIS EVO. MAN, WHAT A RICER! WAY TO RUIN A 30 THOUSAND DOLLAR CAR!!!
:rolleyes: Ummm, sorry to burst your bubble here, but those(altezza, wing) are the OE Equipment.
Lay off your caps man, take it easy, roll a blunt, get a bong!:D

cj miller
04-24-2003, 06:00 PM

am i the only one who gets this humor. he knows it comes stock. hes just pointing it out. rx300 ricer. hahahahha great shit.

02TafWhtSi
04-24-2003, 07:42 PM
Where's the mini clip of the altezza getting blown to pieces from F&F ?- it had a really funny caption underneath :D

KickerSi
04-24-2003, 07:42 PM
This is what I do everytime I see a ricer. I give him a thumbs up and smile while saying yeh cool!!!! while he's looking, then I immediatly shake my head and give him the thumbs down and say NOT!!!!!!!. There are 3 riced out neons at my school, each with a different set of altezza's. One of the has a huge wing but the idiot put it on backwards, this is the same kid who thinks he can beat me. Why they even think that I will never know.

SHAKEnBAKE
04-24-2003, 08:34 PM
Backwards?!
Man, you should've unleash that rottweiler of your your to eat that kid.:D

SinisterCivicSi
04-24-2003, 10:04 PM
rotties are so awsome, i love mine

IceD out N CALI
04-24-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by mhx
I see more altezza's on trucks and domestics than i do honda's

yeah i've seen a lot on trucks too:confused:

midas
04-24-2003, 10:52 PM
i remeber the first time i saw altezzas on a lexus..i thought they were sweet. but now:confused:

now they look so hockey on any car especially the lexus because they are so amny cheap ones out there.

chakra71
04-25-2003, 02:17 AM
first time i ever saw altezzas was actually not on the IS-300 but on the the Lexus SUV. sure they were probably actually on the Altezza in Japan long before that, but for the US market.... perhaps we should start calling them lexus truck lights. :confused:

SiR Medic
04-26-2003, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by SHAKEnBAKE
Backwards?!
Man, you should've unleash that rottweiler of your your to eat that kid.:D

That's so he can maintain stability when going REVERSE at high speed! His NEON is THAT badass!:D;)