PDA

View Full Version : Billet HVAC knobs...

RiceCzechs
04-22-2003, 05:54 PM
Alrighty, so I've had a set of these laying around

http://ebay2.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_ffce4ef47a819749f454754eef6e6e2a/i-1.JPG

satin-finish billet HVAC knobs for a Viper, but they're REALLY close to fitting on my EP... the holes for the stems from the adjustment pots are not quite big enough, so it doesn't fit. It took about 10 minutes of cursing, but I even pried out the liner that they come with to see if that'd be enough, but it is just too small by "that much".... I'm thinking about trying to find someone with a CNC mill to try and widen it a bit. I don't care if I wreck one (I've got four, 'cause one was for the headlamp knob) trying to get this to work, but I'd really like to make it happen...

Any suggestions? I've even thought about drilling out the hole a little bit, but I don't want to push a bunch of metal flashing into the little set-screw hold that'd keep it on tight...

Just thought it might be a nifty little addition to the interior - the finish matches, and besides, I hate the stock knobs... (ok, so I'm a nit-picker).

BSEVEER
04-23-2003, 11:48 AM
If you can accurately drill them out to fit I'd go for it. You will not dammage the set screw threads. Just take the set screws out first and them use them to "chase" the threads after drilling.