PDA

View Full Version : tuner lug nuts

napapacoda
04-22-2003, 09:27 PM
I'm thinking about purchasing wheels, but the wheels I am thinking about uses tuner lug nuts. Does anyone know if they make locking lug nuts in the tuner size. I see many sets on ebay, but what they call a lock is what I like to call a big hex adapter that anyone should be able to purchase. If anyone has any brands, please let me know where to get them cheap.

Thanks

Mad02Si
04-23-2003, 06:45 AM
I have 2 different style of tuner lugs. One use a torque head adapter that fits inside the head of the lug so you can tighten and lossen it. I just got another stlye that has a hex pattern on the outside and the lug is reall skinny. You have an adapter that looks like a socket, and it fits over the top of the lug to tighten and loosen it. Get one set, and then get 4 of the opposit ones and use those as locks. I will do that with my next set of rims. Hope that kinda helped

FACTION95Si
04-23-2003, 08:40 AM
Gorrilla makes some locking ones. Or you can buy some Kyokugen lug nuts that have 7 sides.

goldy02
04-23-2003, 10:39 AM
i have a set of blue tuner lug nuts that i'll sell you, for like 20 bucks and it also has like 4 more so it is 24 lug nuts all together let me know i'll hook you up

AznPower
04-23-2003, 01:11 PM
anyone selling blacks ones?

todaCspec
04-23-2003, 01:16 PM
got a set of brand new gorilla polished tuner lugs(20).

chunky
04-25-2003, 10:03 AM
the mcgard spline drive lugs are the way to go. they are about 60 bucks from summitracing.com I have 'em on my car. garanteed for life.

napapacoda
04-27-2003, 11:55 PM
chunky - thanks for the info, the McGards sound real good, but expensive.

Anyone know of a discount through summit racing for ephatch members?

Also, does anyone know where to buy Gorilla Small/Diameter lug nuts? Summit sells gorilla products, but I could not find this line of lug nuts for sale on the site. Hopefully these closed end tuner lug nuts cost less.

chunky
04-28-2003, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by napapacoda
chunky - thanks for the info, the McGards sound real good, but expensive.

Anyone know of a discount through summit racing for ephatch members?

Also, does anyone know where to buy Gorilla Small/Diameter lug nuts? Summit sells gorilla products, but I could not find this line of lug nuts for sale on the site. Hopefully these closed end tuner lug nuts cost less.

summit racing has the mcgard spline drive knock-offs made by gorilla. They don't list a part number in the catalog, but call 'em up and tell them to look on page 54 of their sport compact catalog, it's on the left side of the page. the 4lug version starts at 21.95.

personally, it's worth the extra dough for the mcgards, they've got a special seat that won't scar up the seating surface. they're also pretty light - almost as light as the koyokugen lug nuts that all the JDM whores with anorexic cars like to use.

napapacoda
04-28-2003, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the reply chunky. I might end up buying the Mcgards just because they come with the locks and regular lugs.

Could someone explain what the weight difference in a lug nut matters so much? I see the point in light weight wheels, but I can't see what gains you get from light weight lug nuts.

FACTION95Si
04-28-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by napapacoda
Thanks for the reply chunky. I might end up buying the Mcgards just because they come with the locks and regular lugs.

Could someone explain what the weight difference in a lug nut matters so much? I see the point in light weight wheels, but I can't see what gains you get from light weight lug nuts.

It doesn't matter its just for looks.

chunky
04-28-2003, 03:17 PM
http://www.darksci.net/~chunky/wheelpics/DSC00104.JPG

there's a shot of the mcgard spline drive lugs. note that I got the red capped ones so it's just the spline drive pattern w/o the additional tunre locks (have the keyed pattern on the top of the lug, smooth sides).

Soon2beEP3
03-01-2004, 04:06 PM
What size tuner lugs will I need 12+1.25 or 12+1.5? Does it matter?

andy
03-01-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Soon2beEP3
What size tuner lugs will I need 12+1.25 or 12+1.5? Does it matter?

Yes, it matters.
I want to say it's 12+1.5. OK, just double checked, it is.
The 12+1.25 are used on Subaru's/Nissan's. Why they use a different
size, I dunno (for reference, I tried to use some Gorilla lugs on
my Honda that I had on my Subaru to no avail. I bought a used set
of open ended Gorilla ones that worked fine).

honda-tech vendors have some good deals on lugs - $32 shipped for
a set of chrome/black Muteki lug nuts. Whatever you do, avoid the
Kyokugen lugs (heard numerous bad things about them).

Soon2beEP3
03-01-2004, 04:15 PM
Thanks and I was heading for the Kyokugen. I suppose the Muteks are air gun safe? Thanx again.

YooShin
03-01-2004, 11:26 PM
McGards $46 @ eautoworks.com Each set of McGards are supposedly unique. Eautoworks claims this as well as other sites.