PDA

View Full Version : need help!! dealer is a bitch

odyessy SI
04-22-2003, 10:55 PM
alright here's the deal. I have an aem intake and a dc header on my car. My front driver side wheel well has a screw/clip that fell out so the covers are sorta shifting around but not to the point to where its rubbing against the tire. My dealer wont touch it because they said i had an intake and that was the reason it fell out. which i know its not because that portion of the car wasn't touched to put in my intake.(just took off the freakin bumper) So my question is do i put on a bolt myself to hold the thing together or try to take it to another dealer and see if they'll just install that screw thing? I also was wondering if you guys thought the intake was possibly pushing the screw out which i highly doubt like they said. well if you guys are confused i have a pic of what i'm talking about just need someone to host it for me.

paralysis
04-23-2003, 12:30 AM
What Honda dealer are you going to?
I will go with you to the dealer I got my Ep at,
and make them put the thing in. I have gotten 2
Si Hondas there.
I would not think they would want to
loose 2 customers at one time over a bolt.

odyessy SI
04-23-2003, 07:32 AM
thanks man i went to o'hare honda. I'm so pissed because i also bought 3 freakin cars from them!!!

hamproof
04-23-2003, 07:35 AM
I believe it is a snap-fit type of connector. Is it also missing on the passenger side?

odyessy SI
04-23-2003, 07:43 AM
no the passenger side is fine. Are you sure its just a snap connector cuz it looks sorta like you can tighten it with a screwdriver

master7
04-23-2003, 08:13 AM
Peace - dealers like that should be strapped in a 95 dodge neon with the steering wheel taken out of it, with yugo brakes and pushed down a hill:eek: --- yeah man all you need is to see the type of pin/ screw that is on the passenger side, go to parts see if the got it , if not you can go to an auto store or hardware store, its not hard , i have taken my front bumper of several times ( which includes that part you are talking about) and removed every pin screw etc and put it all back like one gaint leggo .. good luck... :) and if you need that roll down the hill car i see plenty on the side of the road everyday!!!!:D

paralysis
04-23-2003, 10:54 AM
Hey Odyessy Si,
I went to my Honda dealer today and they just give me the clip you need and said they hope it helps.
Tell me when you want it.

AznPower
04-23-2003, 12:41 PM
if they won't give u one DON'T BUY. I had to buy those snap clips before for my pass hondas. and dealer be super over charging for those, go to Lowes of your local hardware store they got'em for like 50 cents

odyessy SI
04-23-2003, 03:15 PM
THANKS PARALYSIS

man thank you so much awight well i'm outta town for now till about friday. I'll give you a call around saturday afternoon. Man this is what ephatch is all about!!!:D

paralysis
04-23-2003, 03:26 PM
Sounds like a plan, I will just leave it in my cup holder till then.
My Girl goes to work at 8am on sat. All I have to do on Sat. is help a guy move some stuff but that is going to be at like 9am so I should be done by noon with nothing at all to do till like 4pm when my girl gets off work.