PDA

View Full Version : got redline????

master7
04-23-2003, 07:05 AM
Peace fellow SI'er's, is it me or is it easier to redline first gear . I mean i be on the gas and the silver bullet be moving and before i know it choke , i look down and ..got redline??? I am like damn i just hit the gas 8k rpms come up quick.. how many times can you get away with that before something go break i am about 20k miles in my 36k warrenty... so i dont want to gety at 36,001 and my silver bullet go silver clank bank chank... Anybody else be redline with ease ????

HokieSi
04-23-2003, 07:12 AM
Oh yea I do it all the time. Ya know, just to clean out any gremlins. Also, if you put the car in neutral and just step on the gas it bounces of the rev limiter. Its like a video game.

Dunrick
04-23-2003, 07:53 AM
If you are hitting it too much, its time to pay attention :P:p

master7
04-23-2003, 08:25 AM
Yeah!! i think i am going to wrap a rope to that tach needle and around my throat ,so when i get close to redline i will be very aware that i like to breath.. :o , just as the car likes and needs to change gears..what you thing.. do you thing that would be a good option on the Si dealer package or hell make it a aftermarket kit ( call it redline protection kit) :eek: Can you imagine a whole bunch of people walking around with marks on their necks.:D

chunky
04-23-2003, 08:40 AM
sounds like you need a shift light.

you should be able to tell by sound & feel when you're at redline. i rarely bounce the revlimit at all these days.

37+k miles and still working the 225's for all they're worth in first.

BlairSpeed
04-23-2003, 11:18 AM
I always find myself staring at the tach too much when Im driving fast or racing. One time I was racing this foo' and I was trying to watch the road and was shifting on when I thought i was close to read line but I ended up hitting the fuel cut-off. I dont like that jerking feeling so im very careful as to not hit the cutoff point.

Plus I heard that our EP's keep a record of all that so the dealer will know how many times you have hit the fuel cut off and probably treat you accordingly. Plus if you have any warranty issues, having a record of many fuel cut offs probably wont help you any....... mmm k? :D

AlBlueCar
04-23-2003, 03:09 PM
Another thing about the redline- it's not really 6800, but it's 7100. found that out the hard, or in this case, easy, way:rolleyes:

Pradamuimui
04-23-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by master7
Peace fellow SI'er's, is it me or is it easier to redline first gear . I mean i be on the gas and the silver bullet be moving and before i know it choke , i look down and ..got redline??? I am like damn i just hit the gas 8k rpms come up quick.. how many times can you get away with that before something go break i am about 20k miles in my 36k warrenty... so i dont want to gety at 36,001 and my silver bullet go silver clank bank chank... Anybody else be redline with ease ????

RIGHT....I would say to you watch ur redline, and take some english classes, such as English 101.

GeNoZiDe
04-25-2003, 02:07 PM
stupid dealers shouldnt have a right to look at those things LOL
we need to find a way to hack it the ecu and erase all the loggin data LOL!

King Kang
04-25-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by AlBlueCar
Another thing about the redline- it's not really 6800, but it's 7100. found that out the hard, or in this case, easy, way:rolleyes:

I heard that our tach's are off, and though it looks like our fuel cut off is 7100, it is really 6800. I don't know how credible this is though.....I think I read it on another ephatch post.

SinisterCivicSi
04-25-2003, 09:12 PM
just an fyi, i have been told repetative over revving of your car can seriously fuck up the engine (duh). unless you got an extended warranty, i would learn to listen to your car or hold your 1st gear at half the time you have been before....shift around 3500 or 4000 rpm's

AlBlueCar
04-25-2003, 09:28 PM
I don't really use the redline much, i'd like to keep my engine. it's fun for a little ick in the pants every once in a while.

I thought of something though- would having the redline at 8000 rpm (hondata chip) really hurt the engine much if it was shifted in the 7000~7800 rpm range? Since our engine is close to a K20A2 and that has a redline of 8000 rpm (methinks- gotta check my friend's car) could a higher redline really do much more damage than our currrent redline?

master7
04-26-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Pradamuimui

RIGHT....I would say to you watch ur redline, and take some english classes, such as English 101.

Peace - cut somebody some slack i am at work , just shooting some quick threads and you want to play english teacher, but I guess english and grammar might be the only exciting things poppin' off in Topeka Kansas, :D ;) , so I understand your fustration. :confused:

The Ebonics I slang is not for you to correct
It wasn't typed to be politically correct
Just understand man I do what i does,
cause its never been done
So I got a degree from A four yr place of higher study
Work in the corperate world of making money
If I still choose to drive my Si on the edge
And talk a little urban - you still understand what i said
So when you talk to me cross your t's and dot yr I's
Guess what ...I still say peace...and i dont give a fuck
WU-tang ain't still nuthin' to fuck wit'
Burn out grammar boy- loosen up your belt - you choken yourself :D :eek: :confused: :o -peace

myeverlovinsir
04-26-2003, 10:39 AM
Nice retort!!

SHAKEnBAKE
04-26-2003, 11:00 AM
Wow, you're really depressed up there in NC, huh?:D

redronin22
04-26-2003, 11:14 AM
FYI fuel cut IS 6800 but our tach is off.
FYI hondata red line is 7700 rpm tach is lying so it revs off the tach to an indicated 8100-8200 rpm
(hint: stock tach only goes up to 8000 rpm)
hope that helps! happy revving

Pradamuimui
04-26-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by master7

Peace - cut somebody some slack i am at work , just shooting some quick threads and you want to play english teacher, but I guess english and grammar might be the only exciting things poppin' off in Topeka Kansas, :D ;) , so I understand your fustration. :confused:

The Ebonics I slang is not for you to correct
It wasn't typed to be politically correct
Just understand man I do what i does,
cause its never been done
So I got a degree from A four yr place of higher study
Work in the corperate world of making money
If I still choose to drive my Si on the edge
And talk a little urban - you still understand what i said
So when you talk to me cross your t's and dot yr I's
Guess what ...I still say peace...and i dont give a fuck
WU-tang ain't still nuthin' to fuck wit'

So ur educated but you still would rather talk like ur a dumb ghetto hood, that likes to speak ebonics. OK IC NOW!!!
Burn out grammar boy- loosen up your belt - you choken yourself :D :eek: :confused: :o -peace