PDA

View Full Version : DC header and Dual canister exhaust ordered...

Wht-Si
04-23-2003, 10:00 AM
I just ordered my DC header and exhaust yesterday from Summit Racing. I just wondering if anyone in this forum has this combination for their car and it would be nice to know how it drives.

So far I have ebay SRI, custom ground cable, Neuspeed short shifter adaptor, Neuspeed front upper strut bar for the performance.

And for the looks I have progress spring, progress rear sway bar, 17-inch 5-zigen 5 split spoked titanium with Dunlop FM901 tires, typr-R style wing.

I'm slowly trying to upgrade bolt-on performance parts and eventually I would like to have Jackson supercharger in my engine bay.

Well that's it for now and look forward to hear from you guys

Thanks

ALCT
04-23-2003, 11:02 AM
nice choices, I am planning to get the DC dual canister cat back for my si too, I did alot of search but couldnt find any info, pics or sound clips for it. Please keep us posted.

rjammd
04-23-2003, 11:41 AM
Well, I can tell you if that exhaust works and sounds as well as their intakes do then it will be a sweet sounding ride. I am leaning towards the same exhaust but I'm not sure about a header yet, I was waiting to see what people had to say about the Borla header but if nothing comes up then I will go with DC.

I had a DC set up on my last Civic and it was well worth the money. As for pics and sounds I have a few pics saved from other people on this forum. I got them from Si4U2NV and !@#$%.

rjammd
04-23-2003, 11:43 AM
The second pic...

Wht-Si
04-23-2003, 01:02 PM
Actually I called DC and got some HP and TQ figures for that setup. They said header it self will give you about 9.3HP and 7.4TQ and catback will give you 6.1HP and 5.1TQ.

But when you combine those two you loose about -4HP and -4TQ according to DC. So making long story short you gain about 11.4HP and 8.5TQ total combined with header and catback.

DC said that they will post dyno chart in about 2 weeks.
Let see how they looks when it gets posted on their web.

Thanks

rjammd
04-23-2003, 01:28 PM
Would love to hear your reactions when you get everything bolted up. Sound, pics any advice or just personal opinion would be greatly appreciated. Keep us posted.

Since DC claims you lose power maybe install the header first, drive the car see what happens and how it reacts, then install the cat back. Just to see if you can feel the difference.

ALCT
04-23-2003, 08:06 PM
thanx for the pix :)

02civichatch
07-15-2003, 07:00 PM
can somebody post more pics please i want this exhaust just have to see it then buy it, can someone post some pics, also how does this sound? deep please say i hate raspy crap plz let me know

rjammd
07-15-2003, 07:26 PM
Here is a pic of the DC Exhaust on my 02 Civic SI

rjammd
07-15-2003, 07:29 PM
Just FYI I have the DC header and the DC CAI as well. All together it's pretty loud and you can feel the gains when you have all three.

rjammd
07-15-2003, 07:40 PM
One more pic just for good measure. All the basic questions I can answer. Yes, it's a little loud at highway speeds. No it doesn't touch the bumper. Yes everyone that pulls up next to you will want to race.

Since I put it on about a month and a half ago, every person in Fort Worth (Texas) wants to race me just because of the sound it makes when you let out on the clutch. I'm not really into the "street race" scene not to say that I don't have some fun but I don't want to race some ass monkey in a Mustang at 7:30 in the morning.

02civichatch
07-15-2003, 11:56 PM
dude that looks awesome man i think thats a slammin exhaust, now u say its loud do u mean loud and raspy? or loud deep? or loud sounds like $hit does anyone know how this sounds deep or anythin

rjammd
07-16-2003, 10:34 AM
By no means does it sound like shit, it's more a low deep tone. In all honesty it sounds more like a V8 than a 4 cyl. The only time this exhaust gets old is long trips on the freeway, the drone gets to you after a while, however if you turn up the radio it's all good.

02civichatch
07-16-2003, 11:12 AM
well man my decision is made as soon as i can get a deal on one i will get that bad boy thank you so much man!

rjammd
07-16-2003, 01:55 PM
No problem!

It took about 30 minutes to install, 10 mins to take out the stock
one, a ten minute break and picture taking and 10 minutes to install the new one. I got mine from Planet Performance.

http://www.planetperformance.com/

Paid about $525.00 and they also had a free shipping deal
so it worked out pretty well. I looked up the current price and
it's gone up a lot $646.99

Modacar online has it $549.00

http://www.modacar.com/products/Honda/Civic/MODACAB/

Good luck to you

TrippZ
07-16-2003, 02:08 PM
if i was gonna get an exhaust, i would get the DC. looks so good.

if only it wasnt $500+ :-/

im too cheap to even get a midpipe! lol!

good job with the exhaust choice man