PDA

View Full Version : rsx front conversion

eggsi
04-23-2003, 04:18 PM
how hard would this be, to change the front bumper, headlights, fenders, and i guess the hood? just wondering

GeNoZiDe
04-24-2003, 09:23 AM
u need to buy the front end of the RSX LOL and then u need to get the body shop to do a custom job of installing it, lots of weilding and body work required, pretty expensive LOL !

BSEVEER
04-24-2003, 12:50 PM
Maybe you should get an RSX and put an EP rear end on it.;)

Sooky
04-24-2003, 10:53 PM
is their front end even the same length? looks like our front end is a lot shorter than theirs

u'd have to make some kind of bracket/frame that'll extend the mounting points so the bumper and headlights can stay on i guess

2K2SilverSi
04-25-2003, 12:34 PM
I really dont think it would be that hard. I am looking for someone in the sa area with an rsx to take off their bumper and see how similar they are. when I was parked next to an rsx the bumpers look to be the same length from the wheel well to the headlights. I think the only change would have to be custom work on the top and sides of the headlights.

fyzm7357
04-26-2003, 10:50 AM
Damn...that would be a hella lot of work and money....but it would look very nice if someone did it...I think I saw a photoshop of this early and it look pretty sweet.....good luck if you try it...

02SilverSiHB
04-27-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by fyzm7357
Damn...that would be a hella lot of work and money....but it would look very nice if someone did it...I think I saw a photoshop of this early and it look pretty sweet.....good luck if you try it...
it's already been done on a Si...well sort of. If you look in a SportCompactCar Magazine you will sometimes see an ad that shows this girl standing next to a blue 00 Si. She has a RSX front end conversion with a black widow II front bumper. Looks freakin crazy.
I think the add is for sound upgrades, and they usually list a few things the person has done to the car.

IceD out N CALI
04-27-2003, 06:11 PM
I dont think it would be that difficult to do(just take some $$). take it to a good body shop and get an estimate:)

2k2_nbp_egg
05-04-2003, 06:58 PM
Here's some comparison shots that my friend and I took.

2k2_nbp_egg
05-04-2003, 06:59 PM

siver-SI
05-04-2003, 07:27 PM
I can not see how that would work. Just to get the fenders and the door to look right would be a job and a half. I think I could see a way to fab the front bumper of the RSX to the EP with some costom work to the fenders but I can not see the hood working off the RSX nor the fenders. I would think it would be cheaper to mod the EP fenders then to redo the RSX ones.

Brettnyt
05-05-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

it's already been done on a Si...well sort of. If you look in a SportCompactCar Magazine you will sometimes see an ad that shows this girl standing next to a blue 00 Si. She has a RSX front end conversion with a black widow II front bumper. Looks freakin crazy.
I think the add is for sound upgrades, and they usually list a few things the person has done to the car.

Yeah, the add is for Polk/Momo speakers... I was just lookin at that add today, pretty cool...

siver-SI
05-06-2003, 04:53 PM
Anywere online I can see this?