PDA

View Full Version : DC intake, header, exhaust and what's next...

Wht-Si
04-23-2003, 05:53 PM
Hey guys, what would be the next performance modification after the I/H/E? Do you have any suggestions and idea?

I was thinking about Hondata but I think it's litttle bit too expensive compare to JET chip ecu upgrade. It would be nice to get RPM limiter raised with JET chip.

Thanks

i02si
04-23-2003, 07:07 PM
I think i'm going to get hondata because i have h/i/e too. Will the rasied rpm fuck up the engine?

smokincivic
04-23-2003, 07:42 PM
I would definitly not go with a JET chip, they dont even have any dyno graphs showing this said 10hp gain, its probably like those intake propellers that they claim make 10hp but in actuality dont do anything if not make you loose HP. The hondata is pretty good because you get the raised rev limit but the gains aren't there. I say go with a NX EFI kit with a modest shot, and all can be had for only approx $200 more than hondata and that is with all the extras (GEN X2 kit)

i02si
04-23-2003, 08:34 PM
no thanks i'm just going N/A on my si.

!@#$%
04-24-2003, 12:09 PM
do everyone a favor and get hondata if u want an ecu mod. The Jetchip does almost nothing...if even that. Don't trust them, pay the 600 and actually get something for it. :)

Wht-Si
04-24-2003, 12:38 PM
Unless Hondata has explanation or analysis of the dyno chart showing no gain with flash with I/H/E si VS. I/H/E si, I'm just going to keep my stock ecu for a while.

I still think it's just too expensive for Hondata's flash upgrade.

Just think about this way, there are other ecu tuners out there that offers Audi and VW ecu upgrade for any where from $300 to $500. They are modifying the fuel curve, ignition, RPM limiter, and sometimes speed limiter removed for much less price.

And of course, they do provide dyno chart to prove that there ecu upgrade is working. My girl friend drives 2003 A4 a1.8T and she could have her ecu upgraded for only $299. It will raise 40HP and 70TQ to the wheel after ecu mod.

I don't know how Hondata can justify there outrageous pricing for our car. I really think that it should be around $300.

I want to hear your opinion about Hondata's flash upgrade.

Thanks

Makross
04-24-2003, 12:43 PM
hmm a i-vtec controller would be nice but i dunno who makes it i think POWER:o

smokincivic
04-24-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Wht-Si
Just think about this way, there are other ecu tuners out there that offers Audi and VW ecu upgrade for any where from $300 to $500. They are modifying the fuel curve, ignition, RPM limiter, and sometimes speed limiter removed for much less price.

And of course, they do provide dyno chart to prove that there ecu upgrade is working. My girl friend drives 2003 A4 a1.8T and she could have her ecu upgraded for only $299. It will raise 40HP and 70TQ to the wheel after ecu mod.

Thanks

Thats like comparing apples to oranges, an ECU upgrade on a turbo car is of course going to have exponetial gains over a chipped NA car, any comapny stating that they can chip a stock NA car and get gains of over 15hp is probably to good to be true

Wht-Si
04-24-2003, 01:29 PM
That wasn't my point, those Audi and VW tuners spend same or more time tuning fuel curve and ignition timing just like Hondata does but $300 cheaper.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that turbo engine tuning is little more involved than N/A tuning.

I feel like Hondata taking an advantage by being very few company that offers ecu tuner for our car in the market.

I want to hear what others think.

Thanks

smokincivic
04-24-2003, 01:54 PM
I agree with you there, Hondata is severly overpriced for the gains you get, but they have a monopoly so to speak, your only other option is the JET chip which has no raised rev limiter and no dyno proven results, sounds shady either way