PDA

View Full Version : People who want to run 100 shot+

smokincivic
04-23-2003, 06:45 PM
Not sure about you guys but I don't want to push anything above a 75 shot without a few mods to the engine and mainly the fuel system. Well, we are in luck, just got an email back from Walbro and they estimate that their 255 lph fuel pump will be coming out in the next coming months, probably mid to late summer. On the note of Nitrous Mods does anyone have an automatic timing retard for spraying. Been thinking of going with the MSD setup. Thoughts?

SiMecoming
04-24-2003, 12:15 AM
whats this fuel system man details please?

bioevolve
04-24-2003, 04:45 AM
MSD setup is the way to go! Most used product in the ignition area.

mhx
04-24-2003, 07:43 AM
i would wait for hondata

smokincivic
04-24-2003, 10:28 AM
biref details can be found here Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump (http://www.importevolution.com/store/fuel.php)

This is not a fuel management system like Hondata it's just the pump. All we need to do is also get a Fuel Pressure Regulator, I like B&M they make a pretty good one for cheap but if you have the loot get an adjustable one like AEM.

mhx
04-24-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by smokincivic
biref details can be found here Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump (http://www.importevolution.com/store/fuel.php)

This is not a fuel management system like Hondata it's just the pump. All we need to do is also get a Fuel Pressure Regulator, I like B&M they make a pretty good one for cheap but if you have the loot get an adjustable one like AEM.

do you drive around with your timing retarded?

smokincivic
04-24-2003, 11:05 AM
I am only driving around with a 50 shot right now... so no its not retarded at all. I am looking into the MSD setups right now

mhx
04-24-2003, 11:16 AM
I am only driving around with a 50 shot right now... so no its not retarded at all. I am looking into the MSD setups right now

Whats your AIM SN?

smokincivic
04-24-2003, 11:21 AM
AIM is sprmswmtm but I'm at work now so I cant get on AIM, I'll be on around 11PM when I finaly get the hell out of here

mhx
04-24-2003, 11:32 AM
AIM is sprmswmtm but I'm at work now so I cant get on AIM, I'll be on around 11PM when I finaly get the hell out of here

use java aim: www.aim.com

msg me mhxr

smokincivic
04-24-2003, 11:38 AM
Can you use Java AIM without installing anything? I dont have network permissions to install anyhting on my desktop and I cant find anyhting on AIM.com for AIM without installing anything

EDIT: I found it hold on a sec

mhx
04-24-2003, 11:38 AM
Can you use Java AIM without installing anything? I dont have network permissions to install anyhting on my desktop and I cant find anyhting on AIM.com for AIM without installing anything

should be able to .. try it :)

smokincivic
04-24-2003, 11:48 AM
it say connecting to server for the past 5 minutes and I'm on a T3 is it normally this slow?

Edit I am getting an error message, it waits like 10 minutes then times out and says "warning java window" hit me up with a PM through ephatch or something?? my email = prcharbonneau@cvs.com

Laz's EP
04-24-2003, 12:24 PM
I'm runnig a 75 shot with stock timing and I dont have no problems.The only problem that I think that I'm going to encounter is with the clutch.I'm shopping around for an aftermarket street disk (ACT or Clutchmaster).
:mad:

smokincivic
04-24-2003, 12:33 PM
I'm not saying that you are definitly going to have problems, but If you ask say a knowledgable Nitrous dealer he will sometimes tell you 2 degrees for every 50 shot of nitrous. I play it by year and test it on the dyno, but my set up ususaly goes 50 shot no retard, 75 1 degree, 100 2 to 3 degrees, I have never sprayed over 100 shot on any of my cars to date so I don't know once you get past that.

mhx
04-24-2003, 01:28 PM
I'm not saying that you are definitly going to have problems, but If you ask say a knowledgable Nitrous dealer he will sometimes tell you 2 degrees for every 50 shot of nitrous. I play it by year and test it on the dyno, but my set up ususaly goes 50 shot no retard, 75 1 degree, 100 2 to 3 degrees, I have never sprayed over 100 shot on any of my cars to date so I don't know once you get past that.

Well I live in Houston and summers can be humid as fuck..
What do u run in 1/4 miles with 50 shot?

WHat other mods do u have? brands etc.

smokincivic
04-24-2003, 01:44 PM
Mods: AEM CAI and the nitrous system are my only mods to date, and the NGK spark plugs, they are one step colder.

On my last car with the 100 shot mods were, AEM CAI, Geddy Evo cat back, comptech header, NX kit (the same) the walbro 255lph fuel pump with Vortech FPR, and I went through a few Si clutches but they were freebies. I only ran the 100 shot twice though it was a 75 for the most part. Never went to the track, but everything was dyno tuned. I'm in RI and it definitly doesnt get very hot up here as opposed to you being in Houston

Why? what is your setup as far as retarding the timing, I'm not saying what i do it right but it works for me.. what is your setup

mhx
04-24-2003, 02:43 PM
Mods: AEM CAI and the nitrous system are my only mods to date, and the NGK spark plugs, they are one step colder.

On my last car with the 100 shot mods were, AEM CAI, Geddy Evo cat back, comptech header, NX kit (the same) the walbro 255lph fuel pump with Vortech FPR, and I went through a few Si clutches but they were freebies. I only ran the 100 shot twice though it was a 75 for the most part. Never went to the track, but everything was dyno tuned. I'm in RI and it definitly doesnt get very hot up here as opposed to you being in Houston

Why? what is your setup as far as retarding the timing, I'm not saying what i do it right but it works for me.. what is your setup

bone stock..
getting 2.25midpipe this weekend...

I used to have a 00 ex.. but she was flooded.. she had turbo.. greddy evo.. neuspeed full coilovers.. ran a 15.66 with fucked up syncros.. in 2nd gear

just got the dealers last 02 si 1.5 weeek ago

I should go w/ turbo again.. waiting on "good" kits and good ecu
i hear Jacksonracing is working with hondata for the JRSC kit for the si's.. I may go this route as well.. depends on how much they want to rape people $$$$