PDA

View Full Version : Paint Removal???????

c0mf0rt
04-24-2003, 04:34 AM
I painted my H emblems a flat black and now I've changed my mind.... can you guys tell me a good way to strip it off without scratching the plastic??????

fsugatorbait
04-24-2003, 08:15 AM
Degreaser works like a charm.

kcx23
05-14-2003, 10:47 AM
how did you take your emblems off?

ep88
05-14-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by kcx23
how did you take your emblems off?

:o http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11542&pagenumber=1

bLINks EP3
05-23-2003, 06:55 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by c0mf0rt

I painted my H emblems a flat black and now I've changed my mind.... can you guys tell me a good way to strip it off without scratching the plastic??????
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

have you tried paint thinner?

raiyo
05-29-2003, 07:35 PM
What did you use to paint it with? If it is spray paint, it is easy. I wouldn't recommend paint thinner or degressor, to strong maybe? I would go get a bottle of PlastaMaster made by Graffiiti Master. Those things are great. It is made for sensative surfaces. The Sales Rep who went to my store to promote the product, he sprayed his car with SPARY PAINT and let it dry. Pretty sunny day I still remember. It sat for like 5 minutes or so then sprayed some PlastaMaster and wiped the sucker nice and clean. Didn't even hard the clear coat. Cost around 20-30 bucks a bottle. Cost to much for such alittle job? Never know when you need it again when things come up. Well worthed it to me. I work in a paint store called Kelly Moore Paint. Any in your area? Go check out the place, if they got any PM me, I'll hook you up with a discount card which gets 10% off.