PDA

View Full Version : Alpine 7995 install ?

Hatch, Si Hatch
04-24-2003, 07:53 AM
I was thinking of buying this headunit, but was wondering if I could use the standard civic aftermarket wiring kit that is sold on Crutchfield. The reason I ask is because this unit doesn't have the built in amp and there for no speaker outputs.

esmith13
04-24-2003, 08:18 AM
here's the deal.

The wiring harness from crutchfield for our cars connects to the connector that used to connect to the stock head unit. It has bare wires on the other end.

Your new head unit will come with it's own wire harness to connect to the stereo, with bare wires on the other end.

You need to connect the two wire harnesses into on by soldering the wires together in the correct way (or twisting them and taping them, soldering is recommended tho) to make a complete harness for your specific application.

Don't worry, the stereo harness wil have a diagram to tell you that the black wire is ground, the yellow is constant 12V power, etc. So will the civic harness from crutchfield...

SO, in the end use this example:
Black on alpine harness is ground
Black on civic harness is Ground
Attach these together

Yellow on civic harness is Power
Yellow with white stripe on alpine harness is power
Attach these two together

Get it?
So, yes, you can use the crutchfield harness for your application.

Hope this helps,

Eric

jaydub
04-24-2003, 08:43 AM
Actually it's a little more involved, because the HU won't have any speaker outputs on it. Since the harness you're plugging in WILL have outputs, you can connect your aftermarket amp to those, it's just a little more work, because you've got to run speaker wires up into the dash area, where the stock harness is.

oogy-boogy
04-24-2003, 09:37 AM
First off, you have to realize that you need an external amp if you purchase this headunit. With that being said, you would only have to connect the following wires on the Crutchfield supplied harness:

Red - Positive / switched
Yellow - Positive / constant
Black - Ground
Orange - Dimmer (if the receiver has this option)
Blue - Remote turn on lead (to your amps)

That's it! You won't have to connect the other wires to the headunit as it does not have an internal amp. Therefore, you can't connect the stock speakers with out having an amp.

Hatch, Si Hatch
04-24-2003, 10:22 AM
Cool I appreciate everyones help, in fact maybe someone can help me some other related questions that I have. The stock front speakers are 6.5 right, but on Crutchfield's site, it only list 5.25 for our cars. I read in another post about calling them to get a adapter kit to fit 6.5's. The speakers I want are the Alpine Type R Components (http://ecominet2.alpine-usa.com/pls/admn/item_info?p_item_name=SPR-176A&p_category=80&p_subcategory=90&p_main=10) for the fronts and the Type R Coaxial 2-ways (http://ecominet2.alpine-usa.com/pls/admn/item_info?p_item_name=SPR-174A&p_category=80&p_subcategory=90&p_main=10) . Is the adapter needed for both the front and the rear.
To Complete the system I'll be getting this 5-channel (http://ecominet2.alpine-usa.com/pls/admn/item_info?p_item_name=MRV-F450&p_category=40&p_subcategory=130&p_main=10) and one of these Type R subs (http://ecominet2.alpine-usa.com/pls/admn/item_info?p_item_name=SBR-102CR&p_category=70&p_subcategory=150&p_main=10) . As you can see, I kinda like Alpine...heheh. I'm planning on doing the complete install on my own, it will be the first time I've tackled something big(I did install a head unit in my 97' Civic EX) so any info would be appreciated.

BlackNRedSi
04-30-2003, 09:45 AM
Alpine CDA-7995
In my EP, hope it helps if you want to know what it looks like

E.II

Hatch, Si Hatch
05-01-2003, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by BlackNRedSi
Alpine CDA-7995
In my EP, hope it helps if you want to know what it looks like

E.II

Cool, did you paint the dash kit yourself? Or were you somehow able to get a hold of a matching one? If you painted it, it looks really good, almost a perfect match in fact. If you don't mind, could you tell me what paint you used to paint it. Did you have to use any kinda of primer? sanding? clearcoat?

BlackNRedSi
05-01-2003, 06:30 AM
3 Different kinds of silvers used on the kit...I had the kit done by my brothers friend that does all the installs @ this place called PerZan Auto in Philadelphia PA...you can give him a call about what paints to use...i called him to ask him what kinda paints, but for some reason he was acting shady about telling me....maybe he wants it to be a secrete or something...or maybe he doesnt want me telling everyone, i dont know....he is really getting me upset....

real cool guy tho, if u give him a call and tell him i told you to give him a call about the color he will tell you...i think he is just bustin my chops....

Shop: Perzan Auto
Refer: Eric Torretti (me, make sure you tell him i told you to call)
number: 610-734-1234

Eric

Hatch, Si Hatch
05-01-2003, 06:59 AM
Cool, thanks man, I'll give him a call.