PDA

View Full Version : fuel pressure

ephatchback
04-24-2003, 10:51 AM
Im purchasing a nos direct port kit for my si. My goal is to run a 100 shot 2nd through 4th. My only concern is running lean. If I put in bigger injectors would that guarantee a safe run?

smokincivic
04-24-2003, 11:13 AM
It would help but I dont think that would garuntee a safe run, you need a better fuel pump to work with the bigger injectors. BUt that depends on how big you are planning to go with the injectors??? You are definitly going to need a timing retard of 2 or 3 degrees if you going that big of a shot, and a step or two colder plugs. Possibly some new motor mount inserts to battle wheel hop, and after not to long of running that big a shot a new clutch will probably be in order. just my .02 cents

ephatchback
04-25-2003, 12:36 PM
Thanks.

GeNoZiDe
04-25-2003, 02:40 PM
dont for get the fuel rail and SAFC :D hehe

smokincivic
04-25-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by GeNoZiDe
dont for get the fuel rail and SAFC :D hehe

Good call, I reread my earlier statement and a FPR is definitly a good investment as well, regardless of the size of the shot you are running

EDIT: a few nitrous people I have talked to have said that the AEM fuel rail isn't good for nitrous applications, but I have never used one, anyone have any experience with these

bioevolve
04-25-2003, 09:19 PM
Probably why I blew my engine hahaha. I had that on my A3 with 105 shot wet, but I know it wasn't the prob. Other than that I have no probs with it.

ephatchback
04-27-2003, 12:12 PM
I thought you werent supposed to use fpr's on k-motors. Return line ect...

smokincivic
04-29-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by ephatchback
I thought you werent supposed to use fpr's on k-motors. Return line ect...

I was unaware, but if so then some companies will start making them specialy for K motors I'm sure