PDA

View Full Version : Rocky's EP Supercharged???

ShowstoppersUSA
04-24-2003, 11:29 AM
That's what some dood in Vegas asked me when he heard this weird chirping noise that's been coming from my engine. Anybody know what this can be??? It only happens when it's warmed up, and I had a couple people take a look at it but still no clue. It's pretty embarassing at a stop light or wherever I stop. The only thing we could come up with is that something's loose, and I just got to go to the dealer to get it fixed. Anyone got a clue as to what this might be???

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

P.S. It sounds like my egg has hatched, and there's a hungry bird beggin for food in my engine :o

Mugen_EP
04-24-2003, 11:50 AM
You have to keep them hampsters fed under there or they start getting restless.:D

Brettnyt
04-24-2003, 12:02 PM
Hmmm... I dont know what would make THAT kind of chirping noise... Mine occasionally chirps when I turn on my turn signal....

esmith13
04-24-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP
You have to keep them hampsters fed under there or they start getting restless.:D

Buhahahahahahah!!!! That's GREAT!!!!!!

Maybe their running wheel's chain to the transmission needs some greasing!!!

hahahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself, that shit was funny!!

Eric
:angel:

k20ASi
04-24-2003, 05:35 PM
my car chirps wene i shift into second n/m thats just the tires
sorry cant help you

Dunrick
04-24-2003, 05:45 PM
Probably the Intake - mine makes a suck (highish pitch noise) when I accelerate.

IceD out N CALI
04-24-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP

hahaha:D

StrangeShadow
04-24-2003, 05:54 PM
hehe:D

JSIR
04-24-2003, 09:01 PM
I get a light chirping noise at idle when the engine is warm, if I blip the throttle just a bit the noise goes away instantly. As the revs drop back down to idle it starts again. It isn't very loud, but if you are sensitive to sounds like that you can noitice it. I doubt the dealer would think much of my complaint though. A friend of mine had a repair done to his EP for very loud chirping noises though, I should ask him what they replaced, I think it was the air conditioner or alternator if I remember correctly. He also had a bad throwout bearing, but I think that was different from his chirping noise.

myeverlovinsir
04-24-2003, 09:12 PM
If I was to guess, I would suspect a belt first. I know VW's, especially the GTI's back in the day were very bad for bird chirps on their belts.

chubbychu
04-24-2003, 09:14 PM
squeaky belts? try some wd-40

elroygun
04-24-2003, 09:41 PM
Check the Serpentine belt...the same thing happened on my old Corolla when I had the A/C on because that belt runs all the accesories.

Type X
04-24-2003, 11:15 PM
Rocky u may be the Show stopper

but Type X is the Ho stopper :D

gimme an email tomorrow if the rims were shipped

thanks ;)

hondakid2000@aol.com

95 GSR
04-24-2003, 11:57 PM
where is the noise coming from? tranny? motor? suspenion?

my was making noises to and its my header gasket, might want to check that out..

DjMacAtack
04-25-2003, 08:03 AM
i hear a chirping too... i always thought it was a glitch in my alarm since it was the same tone... i'll hafta look into this

Chrisbgft
04-25-2003, 08:11 AM
i have the sound too, but thats cuz i installed a chirper..lol. So i can chirp at girls..lol. Best $20 bucks i ever spent..

BlackNRedSi
04-25-2003, 09:56 AM
what the hell is a cherper....

anyway back to the post...someone on here has had this problem, i will find the thread for you....

Eric

Chrisbgft
04-25-2003, 11:34 AM
see, u go to a audio or alarms place and buy one of those things that use for alarms. The damn loud thing that makes all the noise..lol. I cant think of the name for it! I bought mine at Circuit city. Then u buy some wire and a button from radio shack. I hook it up and mount the switch in your ep or whatever car. When u press the button it makes the alarm sound but if u keep tapping it it chirps..lol. If u just hold the button in it does the whole alarm sound. Sorry, its VERY Hard to explain but if u saw its the easiest thing..lol. Some must know what i am talkin about!?!?!?!?

DjMacAtack
04-25-2003, 03:42 PM
we call that button siren combo a booty call:cool:

cuz it gets the ladies to notice u

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-25-2003, 03:47 PM
check under your hood for cricket infestation.

ShowstoppersUSA
05-14-2003, 01:24 PM
Problem solved! It was the AEM CAI that was making that funny noise. I put the stock airbox back on and the gobbling noise is gone now. Imma get an Injen now in the new black anodized color they have! It looks sweet!

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

Suk02Si
05-14-2003, 06:23 PM
yew bisshh; and after all that crap you always talk about injen:D :confused:

RockEP_SS**
05-15-2003, 10:49 AM
What crap? Injen's my favorite intake :confused:

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

Papa Bear
05-15-2003, 11:45 AM
Did you find that you had more power when you went back to stock like others have discovered? I have the AEM intake and my car seems to be getting slower.

RockEP_SS**
05-15-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Papa Bear
Did you find that you had more power when you went back to stock like others have discovered? I have the AEM intake and my car seems to be getting slower.
How strange! I thought the same thing too! Man I thought I was trippin at first, but yeah it does feel a lil faster now. I can't wait to try out the Injen. I've heard nothing but good things about their intake. I wonder why it feels or seems like that?

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

sniperSI
05-15-2003, 06:00 PM
Yeah in mid throttle mine has a nice weezing sound, like someone sucking air thru a straw real fast, then it goes away and the intake starts humming. I love it.

Our cars do make nice sounds, ever notice at high rpms when running it hard, you hear like a mechanical advancing sound, i love it!

p.s. try 100 octane gas if you ever get the chance, and want to pay 4 bucks a gal. Worth it though!