PDA

View Full Version : Which CAI? Best gains, etc.

VBSI
04-24-2003, 01:06 PM
I don't want one of the drag on the ground type-just a short air intake. Which one do you guys think is best, and/or gives the best gains?

smokincivic
04-24-2003, 01:17 PM
SRI intakes dont give gains over 2 or 3 HP so what difference does it make. If you don't want it close to the ground then wait for the comptech ice box if your looking for gains. OR who knows perhaps you could conduct a search of the 100+ intake threads in this forum and make a decision based upon that? just a thought

VBSI
04-24-2003, 01:20 PM
Anyone else that is friendly have any advice?

joshua
04-24-2003, 01:37 PM
INJEN AND DC SPORTS MAKE THE BEST SHORT RAM INTAKES FOR OUR CARS THY BOTH GOT LIKE AROUND 7-9 HP. THE BEST CAI IS AEM THEY GAVE THE MOST ON THE DYNO AND DC CAME SECOND BUT FOR SHORT RAM I WOULD GO WITH DC OR INJEN GOOD COMPANIES. i HAVE A AEM CAI MYSELF AND I LOVE IT BUT LIKE U SAID U DONT WANT A COLD AIR INTAKE.

Wht-Si
04-24-2003, 01:37 PM
I think it's better for you to stay with either AEM or DC CAI. They have proven them self gain most of the power compare to any other CAI out there in a marker.

Currently I'm running my car with e-bay's SRI and it works pretty good compare to stock airbox but the intake temp gets really hot after a while. After playing with temp gauge, it convince me that I'm going to have CAI for my car.

I'm leaning towards to DC because they provide water bottle for our car to relocate stock water bottle.

I think Comptech's icebox is not going to give you as much HP as AEM or DC CAI. Because just by looking at the design, it's air flow path is not as straight as AEM or DC and I don't want to pick up all the stuff from the surface of the street having air pipe pointing straight to the ground.

Just a thought.

Tenacious G
04-24-2003, 02:54 PM
you're going to get a million different replies from a million different people. Some like AEM, some like Injen, some like DC

SHAKEnBAKE
04-24-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Wht-Si

I'm leaning towards to DC because they provide water bottle for our car to relocate stock water bottle.

None of the CAI for our car that I know of needed water bottle relocation.
Maybe you are referring to RSX? Because that is the case for RSX.

Wht-Si
04-24-2003, 03:31 PM
U R definitely right, I think I got comfused with RSX kit with SI.
My bad.

How is Neuspeed intake?

Some feed back would be nice. Thanks

SHAKEnBAKE
04-24-2003, 04:11 PM
Neuspeed intake is a short ram with heat shield/box. reading from your (long) sig, it should be the same like the one you got.:)

ssvr6
04-24-2003, 04:12 PM
How about trying the ever wonderful S E A R C H feature?

Steve

VBSI
04-25-2003, 09:31 AM
I did use the S E A R C H feature, but I wanted some fresh perspective from people who have had some time with their mods-if you don't want to help, don't T R O L L the boards to get your post count up. Is it possible for one message board to be free of the usual stupid replies like "use the search". I bet if I searched for the term "search", like 90% of the posts would say "use the search." I have a new one-"If you don't have anything good to post, don't post at all."