PDA

View Full Version : new Honda Concept....

BlairSpeed
04-24-2003, 02:34 PM
Legend To Become Reality
This is an article from the AutoExpress website:

The last Honda Legend didn't exactly stand out from the crowd - but the new one certainly will.

Sources tell us it will be based on the four-wheel-drive hybrid supercar from the 2001 Tokyo Motor Show, the Dual Note. The Legend was due on sale last year, but Honda decided to delay it in favour of something more technically and environmentally advanced. It was expected to feature a 4.5-litre V8 on a two-wheel-drive platform, but will now get the Dual Note's 3.5-litre V6 unit with a four-wheel-drive transmission. This will feed 300bhp through a five-speed auto box, with sequential changes available via buttons mounted on the steering wheel.

While no hybrid version will be available at launch, Honda will introduce the eco-friendly technology from the Civic IMA. The Legend goes on sale in Japan in October 2004.

SHAKEnBAKE
04-24-2003, 03:14 PM
:rolleyes:

Mugen_EP
04-24-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by SHAKEnBAKE
:rolleyes:

I agree:rolleyes: .

Mind posting the link for us.

IceD out N CALI
04-24-2003, 03:18 PM
crazy:o

SHAKEnBAKE
04-24-2003, 03:52 PM
I'm not happy to see this car. I went to this years LA auto show and I saw a Buick/Cadillac/(some domestic car) concept that looks just like this.
3.5 Litre V6?
4 wheel drive?
Sniff, sniff (my nose sticking on my LCD monitor). This car doesn't even smell like a Honda:(

BarracksSi
04-24-2003, 03:54 PM
It'll look bangin' with some Altezzas...

*ducks and runs*

SHAKEnBAKE
04-24-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by BarracksSi

*ducks and runs*
Barrack, you should have been hanged for saying that!:D

golferjn
04-24-2003, 07:59 PM
interesting

Brettnyt
04-24-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by BarracksSi

*ducks and runs*

C'mon guys, dont be hatin on altezzas all the time... I think altezzas are sweet!

*Ducks and Runs* ;)

cmk05
04-25-2003, 07:28 AM
Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.

Henry David Thoreau

I bet a bunch of you plunked down 200 bucks and were proudly sporting those taillights not too long ago.

I honestly didn't and that makes me a better person than you. :D

BlasTech
04-25-2003, 07:38 AM
Enough about aletezzas...

Lookwise, the concept car has some potential, Im just too lazy to Photoshop in a dignified set of wheels, and a one-color paint job. As for the motor...sure, ok.... as for the transmission... uhhh.... forget it.

Type X
04-25-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by cmk05

I bet a bunch of you plunked down 200 bucks and were proudly sporting those taillights not too long ago.

i did for my 00 ex but i got them in january of 00

now its 2003 and its played out like 8 bit nintendo

i mean did u listen to McHammer for more than 2-3 years. . . i know i didn't :D

cmk05
04-25-2003, 10:46 AM
Na - didn't listen to hammer too much - but I'm still groovin to tag team- been in my boombox tape deck since 92. Whoomp - dere it is.

That concept thang - do you think i'll be more of a sorta daily driver type like the RX8 or a sorta supercar type like the nsx? I thought honda dropped the legend name to go for that trendy chic chic alphanumeric nomenclature. It was nothing special anyways - an overpriced 11/10 accord. I guess the TSX is the vigor for the new millenium. Think it'll flop too? I'd trade in my hatch for one of those. Think honda'll be giving em away next year for 15k?

I thought I'd developed an intermittent rattle coming from behind the left dash. It was a clang only every so often over expansion joints and stuff. I was cursing the toothless, brit monkey who haphazardly assembled my hatch until I finally realized it was the steel links on my wristwatch. Boy, do I feel like a dumbass. Can you dynamat a watch?

news flash:
CNN/Reuters: News reports have filtered out early this morning that US forces have swooped down on an Iraqi Primary School and captured 6th Grade teacher Mohammed Al-Hazar. Sources indicate that, when arrested, Al-Hazar was in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a geo-board, base-ten blocks, algebra tiles, a computer, a data projector, and a graphing calculator.
George W. Bush proclaimed that this was clear and overwhelming evidence that Iraq indeed possessed weapons of math instruction.

SiR Medic
04-26-2003, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Type X

i did for my 00 ex but i got them in january of 00

now its 2003 and its played out like 8 bit nintendo

i mean did u listen to McHammer for more than 2-3 years. . . i know i didn't :D

:D

"Doo-doo-da-doo... Da-doo... Da-doo...
AL-TEZ-ZAS!"
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002UVD.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

:p