PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some NOS advice

fsugatorbait
04-24-2003, 03:04 PM
Im new to NOS, but am very interested in running a 50 shot. Ive read through all these posts and it seems that I would have no problem with this setup on stock internals and wouldnt have to retard the timing. Only thing that I would need would be to change out the plugs and get a A/F gauge if the kit doesnt come with one.
My questions are what kits are out there, particularly which ones did you guys go with and how do you like them compared to others that you've had since it seems that most of you have had a kit in the past on other cars? Where did you get the kit? How much would I be looking to spend for kit/install? I prefer to do my own mods on my car so would this be something that I would be able to handle? Anyother info I should be aware of please let me know. Thanks in advance for your help.
Phil

smokincivic
04-24-2003, 03:13 PM
I'd recommend the NX E.F.I. kit with Gen X2 upgrade. All can be had brand new on ebay for about $800, I have had this on two vehicles and it is great. I would recommend that you stray away from ZEX and other dry systems of the like. NOS makes a god wet kit for imports as well but I have no experience with them so I can't comment. To run a safe 50 shot all you would really need is the kit and some plugs, I have the NGK bkr7e

fsugatorbait
04-24-2003, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the heads up...as far as install goes, would this be something that I would be able to do myself. Im fairly automotive inclined, and have done almost all of my own mods so far on this car. What would be required for the install?

smokincivic
04-24-2003, 03:39 PM
The install isnt that bad, I did it myself the first time and it went pretty smooth. DO NOT rush the install jsut to get it on the road, worst mistake you will ever make. No really crazy special tools are needed, the only tough part for me was the wiring, how good are you at electronics, and do you have a multimeter?

EDIT: check out this site Nitrous Express (http://www.nitrousexpress.com/welcome.htm) and scroll down to the install link, they did an install of an EFI kit on a 2002 EX, I looked over it and it is pretty close to the install on the Si

fsugatorbait
04-24-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by smokincivic
The install isnt that bad, I did it myself the first time and it went pretty smooth. DO NOT rush the install jsut to get it on the road, worst mistake you will ever make. No really crazy special tools are needed, the only tough part for me was the wiring, how good are you at electronics, and do you have a multimeter?

I love doing custom work so ill probably just take care of it myself. Thanks for all the advice, ive been looking on ebay and the efi kit is sellin for about $550 and the upgrade is a little over $300. If you dont mind me asking, where did you end up getting your kit and for how much?

smokincivic
04-24-2003, 03:54 PM
I bought my kit on ebay also, thats your best bet as far as price, I looked and the aution that is there now is not the same place I got mine from, but I paid $500 for the kit and $275 for the Gen X2 plus about $35 for shipping

95 GSR
04-28-2003, 11:28 AM
i've been tryin to sell my NOS wet kit for a while now, no one is interested, but now im selling it for 350 + shipping.
its a NOS single fogger wet kit with heater and pressure gauge. no pruge valve.

right now its on my friend's EP...

380 shipped, if anyone wants it... i need money really bad right now....

fsugatorbait
04-29-2003, 07:44 AM
how does this kit compare to the nx kit listed above with gen 2 upgrade?

95 GSR
04-29-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
how does this kit compare to the nx kit listed above with gen 2 upgrade?
pretty much same shit. but i dont have a purge valve...

Tekdemon
04-29-2003, 01:12 PM
man I know how you feel about needing money...fighting this speeding ticket looks like it's gonna cost me muchos $$$!

AY! MUCHOS DINEROS SENOR! uhh

I hate how I took 2 years of Spanish in junior high then stupidly switched to French for 3 years. So now I don't really know either language very well and I occasionally jam french words into my spanish sentences...

Then I jam english into my lame semblence of chinese...at least I got an A here in chinese lol.

My plan is to master French, Spanish, Chinese(mandarin), Chinese(Cantonese), Chinese(Fuzhounese), Japanese, and maybe one other language before I die. Don't really know why I want to know em, maybe I'm just a crackhead like that =P I already mastered english(woohoo!) with my 750 verbal SAT score so I'm set there...just 6 more dialects/languages to go!

95 GSR
04-29-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Tekdemon
I'm just a crackhead like that

yes u are:D lol