PDA

View Full Version : What a run for an EP!!?

Chrisbgft
04-25-2003, 02:08 PM
Well, my friends just came back from the track, i had school so i wasnt able to go. They told me a black EP was there. They saw him run and he ran a 14.98!!!!!!! So they went over and asked if what he had done. He told them that all he had was a DC Header. They looked and there was no intake or exhaust. Do u think this is possible??

ep3guy
04-25-2003, 02:19 PM
Maybe he was on slicks? Interesting though.

BlasTech
04-25-2003, 02:22 PM
Probably was good tires, maybe hondata too?

StrangeShadow
04-25-2003, 05:34 PM
speechless...no clue.....they gave him a k2 by accident? j/k

Dunrick
04-25-2003, 06:05 PM
Weight redux......

Or maybe a civic sticker on his front windshield...

DownTheHatch
04-25-2003, 07:41 PM
14 secs with weight redux? Wow, thats impressive if thats the case. I've heard of some engines being more gifted than others but this is quite unbelieveable, I mean even when you swap an A2 you still dont run 14's

Dunrick
04-25-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by DownTheHatch
14 secs with weight redux? Wow, thats impressive if thats the case. I've heard of some engines being more gifted than others but this is quite unbelieveable, I mean even when you swap an A2 you still dont run 14's

You would hit 14's if you had the SI tranny and a k20a2 + me driving HAHA

Laz's EP
04-25-2003, 09:02 PM
If you believe that he was stock; one thing to say "Your stupid"
:mad:

StrangeShadow
04-25-2003, 10:33 PM
They looked and there was no intake or exhaust. Do u think this is possible??
here you go juice boy..:confused: notice "they loked"

My guess would be major weight redux, plus slicks, wth the header, a good/expeienced driver, cool day, and a lot of luck.

jeffspeed23
04-25-2003, 11:29 PM
ya ummm, i think he sprayed

poppasp1ce
04-26-2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by jeffspeed23
ya ummm, i think he sprayed

i agree, he was juicing. nitrous is easy to conceal if your trying to hide it from others.

StrangeShadow
04-26-2003, 02:02 AM
...most likely, he would need all I mesioned earlier plus a very steep hill :confused: lol

Laz' EP>you're running juice, right, what are your times like?

(maybe simular to this "legendary" black ep)

Laz's EP
04-27-2003, 12:03 AM
Two things either the guy has NOS or he has a Type S motor.
I'm leaning towards the motor.If he has NOS he should feel sorry for himself for running those numbers.
And to aswer your question I ran last weekend 13.9 on a 75 shot
;)

StrangeShadow
04-28-2003, 03:50 PM
And to aswer your question I ran last weekend 13.9 on a 75 shot
wow big improvement, from stock low16' and high 15'.
imagine that with a type s motor

Brettnyt
04-28-2003, 07:36 PM
Woah... Im still with Dunrik... he musta had a Honda decal or somethin...

cmk05
04-29-2003, 08:09 AM
What fun is there in running a quarter mile in such a slow FWD car?

Actually, what fun is there in running the quarter mile period? Maybe I don't get it, but the way I see it, there is not much to get. The light turns green, and you stomp on the gas pedal til you get to the end. Your time is the result of an ounce of technique and and a dollop of however much money you spent on your car.

Am I wrong?

Chrisbgft
04-29-2003, 08:28 AM
U act like its easy to run a good time in our car. I want to see u get in our car and run 15's. I bet your first time u will get something in the 16's or higher. Its fun as hell trying to improve your technique and everything that goes with dragracing. Have u ever even been to the track. Trust me, its not as easy as slammin on the gas!

cmk05
04-29-2003, 09:37 AM
If I wanted to get from here to a quarter mile from here in 14 sec, I'd shop for a faster car.

The way I see it, the biggest factor in going fast on a dragstip is the car. Ok, I'm sure there is some skill involved in launching a car properly and shifting and what not, but there are relatively few dimensions to doing the 1/4 mi.

On the other hand, there's road racing. There, driver skill is the predominant factor in making it around a track fast.

Drag racing is to road racing as say... bowling is to golf.

StrangeShadow
04-29-2003, 02:59 PM
Good points, I'm not super big on dragin myself especially considering most of the 'street' races that I have been in started with a running start or while driving along on some lonesome freeway/highway. AND when racing through town, there is never a straight line that lasts longer than half a 1/2 mile, but if you find one, I would like my car to be able to braek loose, so fare the ep has proven to be great in a autox style races on the public streets/when dodging in and out of traffic, now we just need some good extra mods to help when we find that extra gap to break loose. :)

StrangeShadow
04-29-2003, 03:00 PM
Woah... Im still with Dunrik... he musta had a Honda decal or somethin...
I bet he had type-R badges!!! that does it every time!!!