PDA

View Full Version : lame neuspeed short shifter

Rueda del Queso
04-25-2003, 07:44 PM
I got the Neuspeed short shifter today and immediatley went ahead to install it. Problem was, the lower slot on the bracket wasn't fitting over the stud on the stock bracket. I though maybe it just took a little muscle and grease, so I spent 20 minutes with a hammer and a wrench, still no luck. The slot was just too small. I was pretty pissed off. So I had to get out my dremel and grind off a few millimeters of the slot which also ended up scratching the red finish a lot. After repeating this a few times, finally got it wide enough to fit. After that, it was smooth sailing, but it just really pissed me off that they would sell me a bracket that wouldn't fit. As for actual operation, works pretty good, just need to break it in a bit as it is a bit on the stiff side.

Anyone else have similar problems with their neuspeed short shifter for 02 SI or is this just unique to the one I got?

ssvr6
04-25-2003, 08:14 PM
Nope, mine fit right on.

Steve

MiniVanMan
04-25-2003, 08:55 PM
me too.... 15 min. install tops....
:cool:

bioevolve
04-25-2003, 08:55 PM
Mine also fit perfectly, you might gotten a fudge'd up one.

SFla02si
04-26-2003, 01:10 AM
I Had the same problem. Not a big deal thou. I always figure aftermarket products might need to be "adjusted" a little for them to work.

Took like 10 minutes to fix with my Dremel.

GeNoZiDe
04-27-2003, 11:09 AM
i had the same problem, mine wouldnt fit took me so long of tryin to squeeze it in slowely
eventually i got one end on and i tightend it by twisting the screw thus forcing it in

it was a pain!

Rueda del Queso
04-27-2003, 02:12 PM
Ok, thanks for the feed back.