04-25-2003, 11:20 PM
Nay...unless you get the real thing.

StrangeShadow
04-25-2003, 11:39 PM
mugen make the real ones right?

AznPower
04-25-2003, 11:47 PM
i like'em although tenzo makes the same thing (sinko and sinko-R) so theres other companies wit the same design so they prolly going to get played out quick

Brenetics
04-26-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Tragedy

see, this is what kinda irks me. Of coure EVERYONE would LIKE to have true Mugen/Spoon wheels, but for most people it's simply not feasible/practical. Therefore, I say get them if you like them, then get them w/o a doubt. A lot of people get this insecure feelin of "Oh no, i'm not riding on TRUE JDM spec wheels, etc.." I say bullshit, they are grossly overpriced if you ask Breon. Having said that, if I had the money to get true JDM wheels etc.. I would scoop them up with the quickness.

As it is, I'm a 24 yr. old with a family and putting Jr. through private school is paramount, so I'd pck those up sure.

not to start an argument with Tragedy or anything but I felt that needed to be said.

p.s. Tragedy, can I borrow your car?

I'll return it I promise :D

RAcarboy
04-26-2003, 02:02 AM
I'll have to agree with Brenetics. With the wheel industry, given time, everyone copies everyone else. For example, Rota Subzeros are copies of Racing Hart CP-035s, which were actually marketed as Konig Subzeros before Rota was born in the US. No one seemed to say anything when they came out as Rotas. The hugely popular Rota Slipstreams are copies of some Spoon SW388s. Believe or not, the Spoon wheels are made in Russia and on top of that they only have 15 and 16 inch applications because the 17s of that design is sold as Regamaster EVOs. Rota Attacks mimic the Volk Gram Lights, Circuit 8s mimic the Mugen MF8s, and Arospeed Wheels?...let's just say they have a striking resemblance to a lot of wheels out there, just in different colors. Rota Battle *cough Momo*... Rota SDR (new) *cough Prodrive*. The list goes on and on.

The truth behind all this is, its really hard to go wrong with a less expensive replica wheel.

Back to your original question though, I personally think that the new EPs look kinda weird with 15s and 16s on them. I think you should shoot for at least 17 inch wheels if you are about show. Of course all the EPs I have been seeing have been at shows and a lot of them have 19s now. I think the Rota Group N wheels would look fine on an EP, but not in 15 inch, which is what it is only available in.

One more thing, with Rota wheels in particular, (this is what I have been noticing from what I get asked for from my customers) they kind of stop carrying some special applications pretty fast. So if you are worried about curbing a wheel or hitting a pothole and damaging one, factor getting a 5th wheel into your budget if this is your all-time favorite wheel. Once they slow down on importing a particular application or if the have a lapse in importing a certain application, you are S.O.L. for a while, if not forever. This applies to all wheels in general too.

chet
04-26-2003, 03:23 AM
Mike at Mach III was cool and helpful. Even threw in a set of lugs with the 17" Rota Attacks I ordered from him. And I like Rotas for a couple reasons. . .They're designs are pretty simple and have a general classic style, even if most of them are some sort of copy, plus they are inexpensive. I have a second set (Slipstreams), 16" for auto-x.

Tragedy
04-26-2003, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by Brenetics

see, this is what kinda irks me. Of coure EVERYONE would LIKE to have true Mugen/Spoon wheels, but for most people it's simply not feasible/practical. Therefore, I say get them if you like them, then get them w/o a doubt. A lot of people get this insecure feelin of "Oh no, i'm not riding on TRUE JDM spec wheels, etc.." I say bullshit, they are grossly overpriced if you ask Breon. Having said that, if I had the money to get true JDM wheels etc.. I would scoop them up with the quickness.

As it is, I'm a 24 yr. old with a family and putting Jr. through private school is paramount, so I'd pck those up sure.

not to start an argument with Tragedy or anything but I felt that needed to be said.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. I'm just too much of an anal retent to buy the knock-offs. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bling-blingin', I'm just patient enough to save up enough for the real thing. My WRX back home has bronze Starform R2's. Instead of buying the REAL version of a rim available in a knock-off trim, I just bought a rim I knew almost nobody had. Starform has a name for itself in JDM land, but it's not really known in the US. I have some WRX buddies back home, and two of them have Rota Sub-Zero's.I don't look down on them for it..it's their car. Not being able to settle for the knock-offs is just a personality flaw of mine. I didn't mean to sound condescending or anything.

Originally posted by Brenetics

p.s. Tragedy, can I borrow your car?

I'll return it I promise :D

What? The Civic? Sure man, it's all yours.:p

ludikris
04-26-2003, 09:22 AM
What's with the Pep Boys wing? :eek: Do you honestly think your downforce requirements necessitate not only the OEM spoiler but also the double park bench? :rolleyes: Save the wing and questionable taillights, it's an otherwise clean EPH.

Brettnyt
04-26-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by ludikris
What's with the Pep Boys wing? :eek: Do you honestly think your downforce requirements necessitate not only the OEM spoiler but also the double park bench? :rolleyes: Save the wing and questionable taillights, it's an otherwise clean EPH.

Oh dear... Is that your car Chet? Shopping Cart wing and crAPC 3D Lights or wutever... At least the tails were painted to match the car... but in not for the spoiler ON TOP of the hatch...:rolleyes:

George Knighton
04-26-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by StrangeShadow
what do you guys/gals think of these on our ep'

http://www.machiii.net/machiii/html/wheels/groupn.html

I have 16x7 Spoon wheels on my ITR. They're awesome, but there's no way I'd spend that kind of money on the EP3.

I have 16x7 Rota Slips on my EP3, and for the purpose, they are great.

Rota Slipstreams are one of the best buys in 16" wheels.

I don't like them in 15" because there are 15x7" wheels also available, like the Kosei, which are every bit as good, just as cheap, and with the extra 1/2 inch in width.

chet
04-28-2003, 12:05 PM

I don't think I have ever seen anything APR at a Pep Boys. It's not cheap, if that's what you're saying. I wish you guys would realize I didn't post the pics to show off my "ricey" car. I posted it so the thread starter would have an idea of what 17" Rotas looked like on our cars. Also BRettnyt, I know you are such an expert on how Hondas should look. I mean you're probably 45 years old, seen every Honda in the book, even built a few eh? Well, this is my first Honda. I live in Indiana. Things are different here. You west coast, Florida, east coast people always are ahead of the times. In many different ways. Hell, if you are in California, you live in the general birthplace of this import tuning thang. I guess the whole point is, I work hard on my car, I keep it clean, and regardless of what you think, I will not change for you. Who the fuck are you anyway? No one to me, you too loodakris. If you had placed these comments in my member ride thread, at least I would have listened patiently and been more constructive on my reply. BTW, loodashit, for you to know so much about Pep Boys wings, if there is such a thing, I am assuming you own stock in Pep Boys, or maybe you just sweep the floors there or something. I personally would not know.

ludikris
04-28-2003, 12:20 PM
I don't think I have ever seen anything APR at a Pep Boys. It's not cheap, if that's what you're saying

Honestly, I don't care if it's a custom, one-off, carbon fiber wing that's hand laid by Mario Andretti. I'm not implying that it's cheap, I'm directly stating it's uselessness.

and been more constructive on my reply

Read my post again because I was. I said "...save the wing and questionable taillights, it's an otherwise clean EPH." You have a nice looking EP there. I'm not feeling the Altezzas or the wing, both of which are seriously overplayed in the import scene. I also give you alot of credit for autocrossing. There are alot of import enthusiasts who just want to front on the streets, but are scared of some timing lights and a few cones.

. I guess the whole point is, I work hard on my car, I keep it clean, and regardless of what you think, I will not change for you

...and that IS the point! Don't get so worked up b/c a couple people don't like the wing/lights/whatever on your car. Some people like baby blue Integras, some like the ricer look, while others are strictly business and not for show. Whatever you like, stick with it, but don't get pissed off when someone calls out rice when they see it.

chet
04-28-2003, 12:40 PM

Honestly, I don't care if it's a custom, one-off, carbon fiber wing that's hand laid by Mario Andretti. I'm not implying that it's cheap, I'm directly stating it's uselessness.

Read my post again because I was. I said "...save the wing and questionable taillights, it's an otherwise clean EPH." You have a nice looking EP there. I'm not feeling the Altezzas or the wing, both of which are seriously overplayed in the import scene. I also give you alot of credit for autocrossing. There are alot of import enthusiasts who just want to front on the streets, but are scared of some timing lights and a few cones.

...and that IS the point! Don't get so worked up b/c a couple people don't like the wing/lights/whatever on your car. Some people like baby blue Integras, some like the ricer look, while others are strictly business and not for show. Whatever you like, stick with it, but don't get pissed off when someone calls out rice when they see it.

You didn't mention rice until I did. Just be straight you know. "I don't like your car." See, I understand that. I can appreciate that. People have opinions, that's fine. But saying Pep Boys blah blah whatever, that sounds like you are calling it cheap. Far from cheap man.

Tragedy
04-28-2003, 01:37 PM
Whoa, I didn't realize the wing until you guys mentioned it. Quit baggin' on him guys...I wish my car got ESPN, HBO and SKIN-O-MAX.

02SilverSiHB
04-28-2003, 02:13 PM
I don't really care for those rims.

StrangeShadow
04-28-2003, 02:42 PM
I don't really care for those rims.
haha cool, back to topic.
yeah, my main thoughts were on the low cost and the low weight. WAS just wondering if anyone new about their(rotas) quality.
PERSONALLY, like tragedy sad: I am a nut when it comes to getting the REAL thing, being someone willing to pay anything if it's something I really want. Was just interested in multiple ep owner's feedback.
and btw thanks for the pic chet, the wheels look great and that's one clean ep = 2 points.

George Knighton
04-28-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by chet
"I don't like your car." See, I understand that. I can appreciate that. People have opinions, that's fine.

Don't worry about it so much, Chet. There's no accounting for taste.

Both my black ITR and my black EP have black wheels. Some people hate that...I don't care what they think. :)

Your wing has nothing on a celebrated H1 Civic owned by a Mr Delfino! Now that is a wing! ROFL....

FACTION95Si
04-28-2003, 02:53 PM
I'm a fan of the cheap wheels. I don't see the point of putting a set of wheels that cost $2,000 on a $17,000 car. My Si is a daily driver as well. I don't want to have to worry about bending a wheel or them getting stolen. If that happens with a set of Rotas or Tenzos its not a big deal. If it happens with a set of Mugens or Spoons I'm going to be crying like a baby. It seems that the cheaper wheels are stronger as well. I nailed a curb on my old si when I had a set of Tenzo AV-7s and all it did was bend the lip a little. Lightweight expensive racing wheels seem to bend much easier or it could be that I've just seen more of that happening.

George Knighton
04-28-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by FACTION95Si
I'm a fan of the cheap wheels....It seems that the cheaper wheels are stronger as well.... Lightweight expensive racing wheels seem to bend much easier or it could be that I've just seen more of that happening.

Yes, it's definitely that you've just seen more of that happening, against the odds.

:)

A good, forged wheel like the Spoon 16x7 is going to be a lot stronger than a cheap, cast wheel like the Rota Slip 16x7. There's a reason the Slips are only $450 and the Spoons are $1600.

I've seen several broken Rotas at the track, and even a few at autocrosses. I have never seen a broken Spoon.

The only broken Volks I've seen were in a catastrophic accident.

mental
04-28-2003, 03:04 PM
ROTAS = YAY!!! i would get the flat black subzeros on a black ep3... ohh wait i did.. .lol i dont have any pics sorry but i can say it looks nice really nice!!!

King Kang
04-28-2003, 03:10 PM
George is exactly right. Cast wheels are weaker and therefore break easier. Think of the difference between drop-forged tools vs some cheap-ass cast tools. It is so easy to strip a cheap-ass cast screwdriver.

Same applies to wheels. Forging puts more pressure on the metal, thus making more dense wheel. Forging also limits the cool shapes you can get out of the wheel though....the most bling blingidy shit is cast.

SSR wheels are the only company I know of that has a process in between casting and forging. They claim to use molten metal in of a consistancy close to butter. These wheels seem to be a good compromise between strength, weight, and price.

George Knighton
04-28-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by King Kang
SSR wheels are the only company I know of that has a process in between casting and forging. They claim to use molten metal in of a consistancy close to butter. These wheels seem to be a good compromise between strength, weight, and price.

You have to give them credit for the idea...but if there's any wheel that will bend easily, it's the SSR Comp.

Still, bending is better than breaking, eh? :)

Cast = Delightfully cheap, prone to break when tracking. (Rota Slips, Kosei K1 <-Both of which are stronger than the Rota we've been looking at.)

SSR Comp = Light, stronger than cast, will bend before it breaks.

Forged = Usually ridiculously expensive, but the best there is. (Spoon, Volks TE 37)

sniperSI
04-28-2003, 04:34 PM
Mike at Mach III was cool and helpful. Even threw in a set of lugs with the 17" Rota Attacks I ordered from him. And I like Rotas for a couple reasons. . .They're designs are pretty simple and have a general classic style, even if most of them are some sort of copy, plus they are inexpensive. I have a second set (Slipstreams), 16" for auto-x.

Aye man, don't let them knock you, Not everything on car's ismeant to be practical, some is meant for looks, and there is nothing wrong with a nice wing on the back. I will love the day my car is done up enough that a i can throw a 'ricer wing' on the back, not for purpose, but definatly for style. Might sounds odd but i just love those carbon fiber wings.

jaydub
04-28-2003, 05:17 PM
Yes, we all have $3000 to spend on a set of wheels. :thumbdown:

Papa Bear
04-28-2003, 06:03 PM
I personally have the 17' Tenzo R Sinko R's in gunmetal and I like them. My car is a daily driver so I'm not worried about them breaking at the track or how much they weigh. I got them because they look cool and they weren't insanely expensive...my mom is not buying my car stuff! I don't have pics but bigcase from Austin TX has similar wheels which you can see in the members rate/review section. Happy shopping!

ludikris
04-28-2003, 08:44 PM
that sounds like you are calling it cheap. Far from cheap man.

Once again you miss the point. I'm not wasting any more time with you.

When it counts I'll spend the money, but as someone who has a set of Rotas and K1s, I can't see spending the same amount on 1 brand name wheel when I can buy a set for the same price. Sure, it would be nice to have the Volk/Mugen/Spoon wheels that I want, however with the extra $1200 I can get my Hondata setup, a set of Sparcos, tires, a good start on some headwork etc. If you want to and can drop the cash on the "brand name" then by all means do so. However, don't be surprised when I pass you on the track or at the autocross b/c I spent my money on a lower price set of wheels and was able to tune another 7-10hp with my S200 system. :)

IceD out N CALI
04-28-2003, 08:46 PM
i'm not a big fan of rotas, but have seen some that look nice on eps:)

chet
04-28-2003, 08:54 PM

Once again you miss the point. I'm not wasting any more time with you.

When it counts I'll spend the money, but as someone who has a set of Rotas and K1s, I can't see spending the same amount on 1 brand name wheel when I can buy a set for the same price. Sure, it would be nice to have the Volk/Mugen/Spoon wheels that I want, however with the extra $1200 I can get my Hondata setup, a set of Sparcos, tires, a good start on some headwork etc. If you want to and can drop the cash on the "brand name" then by all means do so. However, don't be surprised when I pass you on the track or at the autocross b/c I spent my money on a lower price set of wheels and was able to tune another 7-10hp with my S200 system. :)

Actually I agree with you here. The quote you posted. ..I was still referring to the comments made towards the other "mods" on my car. I have two sets of Rotas. Name brand wheels have been bad luck to me, at least the ones I paid more for. I did a lot better at my auto-x event yesterday. lighter wheels and Falken Azenis. . .you're driving a Soob right? Impreza?

Suk02Si
04-29-2003, 02:43 AM
:D

a quick chop of what the RnR replicas would look like on my car.

Suk02Si
04-29-2003, 02:52 AM
Gold Subzeros, hmm

ludikris
04-29-2003, 04:23 AM

Actually I agree with you here. The quote you posted. ..I was still referring to the comments made towards the other "mods" on my car. I have two sets of Rotas. Name brand wheels have been bad luck to me, at least the ones I paid more for. I did a lot better at my auto-x event yesterday. lighter wheels and Falken Azenis. . .you're driving a Soob right? Impreza?

GREAT! Something we agree on! :) I don't have Subaru, no. I Assume you are running STS?

chet
04-29-2003, 11:53 AM

GREAT! Something we agree on! :) I don't have Subaru, no. I Assume you are running STS?

I did run STS for my first event in March. BUT, the Hondata heatshield put me right in Street Mod. Honestly, I was still in good running, I had third place(i think) locked up. Was in first after my first run. Then a kid with hugely modded Civic hatch knocked like five seconds off of that run.

EDIT: The Soob comment was a total mistake, I reread your profile. You drive the Prelude during auto-x or your Toy??

ludikris
04-29-2003, 12:07 PM
Ahh.. Yep, running the Hondata gasket would put you into street mod. I was going to install that and a test pipe, but the SM index is so much higher than STS.

I drive the Prelude in STS. I'm the Solo2 Manager for the OZark Mountain Region (OMR). I'm trying to convince my wife to come out with the Matrix, and I think she might actually try it out for during next months event. The 'Trix runs H-stock and should be pretty competitive except for the crappy stock tires. Too bad we didn't get the Protege5 since it has the same bolt pattern as the Prelude. I've got 4 sets of tires for the Lude, sure would be nice if they would fit the 'Trix! I'd like to pick up some Celica wheels and some Azenis on them, but I think that'll have to wait. It's probably wise to race only one of your vehicles at a time. :)

www.e-mcsquared.org is my personal website with videos and pics on OMR autocrosses. www.omrscca.org is the OMR website which I need to get up and running. Check out some of the videos if you like that sort of thing. Broadband helps as most are 25MB+

StrangeShadow
04-29-2003, 02:47 PM
Yes, we all have $3000 to spend on a set of wheels. :thumbdown:
actually the wheels mentioned appear to be going for $500.
(not sure whether you are giving the rotas a yeah/nay)

:thumbsup: for the choped pics with the wheels on the car, thanx :)

George Knighton
04-29-2003, 07:18 PM
Here's a picture of the Delfino H1 Honda Challenge car with the silly wing that I mentioned.

They showed up at an autocross in Richmond and somebody snapped them.

http://homepage.mac.com/ogburn/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2003-04-27%2015.27.15%20-0700/Image-6480FD4E78FD11D7.jpg

I think they know the wing doesn't do much good, but it surely gets them attention. :)

StrangeShadow
04-29-2003, 10:58 PM
:D hehe shoping cart

midas
05-11-2003, 12:02 AM
i'm sure the peole that give oyu the hardest time if your car is rice were the BIGGEST ricers you can imagine when the magazines were telling them it was cool. i'm sure indiana is behind california and SO WHAT? get over yourselves..its getting kind of boring zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

StrangeShadow
05-11-2003, 12:13 AM
i'm sure the peole that give oyu the hardest time if your car is rice were the BIGGEST ricers you can imagine when the magazines were telling them it was cool. i'm sure indiana is behind california and SO WHAT? get over yourselves..its getting kind of boring zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
...=o the WHEELS

minimay7
05-11-2003, 09:24 AM
Wheels are one of the mods on my list that I will not compromise functionality for the sake of looks. I have to admit... These Rotas look really nice and clean. Good price too. But, like some of you said already, wheels made out of casting method is just not worth the money. I recommand you to save up some more money and go with Forged wheels.

Yes, SSR claims to have their wheels made semi forged. No one really knows how they do it.... But, I think it's pretty cool. My brother has SSR Competition for his WRX. And It handles great and looks great too!!! But they are not on the chep side... My first choice is Volk. If not, I will probably get SSR Competition also.

Good luck finding the wheels you are looking for!!

George Knighton
05-11-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by minimay7
Wheels are one of the mods on my list that I will not compromise functionality for the sake of looks.

Well, that's fine. But...there comes a point where it's ridiculous.

If I paid retail for the wheels on my ITR, I'd pay something like $2200 for wheels. There comes a point where it's just silly.

Yes, SSR claims to have their wheels made semi forged. No one really knows how they do it....

I hate to jump on you, but what do you mean by

(1)They claim to be semi-forged. They are. Lots of us have SSR Comps on our cars.

(2)What do you mean no one knows how they do it? They're been making these for a few years, now.

The only caution I have for people interested in SSR Comps: They will bend. They are lightweight and cheaper than a lot of forged alloys, but they will bend before the forged alloys will bend.

Your choice of Volks: Really can't criticise your choice, there. They're great, strong wheels.

George. <-Who owns both Spoon and Rota wheels. :)

YooShin
06-04-2003, 09:43 AM
Were is the love my EP3 brothers and sisters. It's all about personal taste. It nice to get an opinion from forums or friends but go with what YOU want and don't worry about what everybody else is doing, nor worry about the latest trend. Imagine if we all rolled around with EPs with all the top Mugen or Spoon stuff. We would all want to find a way to take it to another level with bigger better wheels and even wings. Great gear to dream about and maybe go for but again its your car, your car note, your insurance that you pay for you, your money that pays for the gas and your money that pays for mods that you want. If you are hardcore JDM, then go for it. I work hard for my money. I'm 28, got a low pay cubical job with a graduate degree, and I struggle with rent, credit cards, and bills, sqeezing every dollor to get the stuff I like and want for my EP3. My younger brother, on the other hand, is 19 has no job, spends most of his time playing paintball, chases girls at the local community college, lives at home, were my mom and dad pay for his note and insurance for his EP3. We are completely different people with different taste. He's hardcore JDM and plans on going with nothing but Mugen or Spoon. I'll do what I like and can afford. My brother and I share and respect each others ideas despite our aproach or philisophy on cars and in life.

I like those wheels. Go with them if you like them. (Proudly) Get some pictures up soon so we can all celabrate the new look.

Peace

BlasTech
06-04-2003, 10:04 AM
I went through this JDM vs Knockoff process when shopping for wheels too. It was more about forged vs cast for me.

Forged is stronger and lighter, cast is cheaper, and just a little heavier, but still way lighter than stock.

I was thinking Mugen MF-8's or Rota C-8's. It finally came down to me deciding I would go with the cheaper of the two, because I could probably replace the whole set of C-8s 3 times for the price of one set of Mugens if they were damaged or stolen.

I ended up with the Konig Heliums. Very light, Very inexpensive to replace.

As for the N-1s, I dont like the look for the EP... looks like a good Miata wheel.

StrangeShadow
06-05-2003, 01:37 AM
wow, haven't seen this thread in a while, since then, I would prefer forged over cast, even if cast is lighter than stock a few pounds, the plus size tires if you go with 16' - 17' would probably make up the weight, therefore I decided I'll probably go with forged for strength and weight.
After seeing the mugen ep3 a while back, I took a strong liking to the mugen mf10, however they aren't made in 4 lug (just mf8 come in 4lug). *Anyone know what a 5lug conversion would cost?

todaCspec
06-05-2003, 06:48 AM
You want to get 5-lug just so you can rock 5-lug MF-10? What a waste, it should be that you want to get 5-lug for better stability and getting bigger stock brakes. Ya feel me?????????????/

YooShin
06-05-2003, 07:15 AM
I seen RSX Type S converts wich use most Si parts except of course hub and rotor. There are conversion kits out there. I hear Mugen does have a kit that retails between $1500-1800 which I believe comes with new (and larger) rotors and calipers. I say get the five lug convert you want to given you got the green. Along with the added performance benifits, you also have a wider selection of wheels to choose from. Say you want to go completly butt wild and get some 18x9.5" Advans RGs with a 13mm offset. Can only imagine how hard this would be to pulloff. You would have to do all kinds of crazy fender and body work. Off course at this point it would probably be for show only.

StrangeShadow
06-05-2003, 03:58 PM
You want to get 5-lug just so you can rock 5-lug MF-10? What a waste, it should be that you want to get 5-lug for better stability and getting bigger stock brakes. Ya feel me?????????????/
I want it mainly for the stability at higer speeds, plus I've been told that it helps a lot with handling and stiffness and it's aso supose to help w/the weigh load, that's a big reason why largr vehicles have more than four lugs, sice we aren't caring massive weight loads it would mainly hep with handling and stability, the mf10' are just a plus, I only mentioned them cause the min topic was wheels(rotas that resmbled mugen').

I seen RSX Type S converts wich use most Si parts except of course hub and rotor. There are conversion kits out there. I hear Mugen does have a kit that retails between $1500-1800 which I believe comes with new (and larger) rotors and calipers.
1500-1800 is that for the entire kit? know a site where I can check that out?
Plus, I'll probably be calling every pick'n'pull and reckage-yard to find a totaled rsx/rsx-s.

YooShin
06-06-2003, 01:06 PM
I'M digging through my book marks for the site that shows a complete mugen kit install and how much to expect to pay for all parts. Here is another thread that addresses the issue with RSX Type S parts: http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14673

I'll keep looking for that site.

StrangeShadow
06-07-2003, 12:42 AM
I'M digging through my book marks for the site that shows a complete mugen kit install and how much to expect to pay for all parts. Here is another thread that addresses the issue with RSX Type S parts: http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread...&threadid=14673
Thanks, I really appreciate it, I just actually found a rear set on ebay, brembo from a dc5r

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10368&item=2417411069

they're asking about 400., seams pretty good, but I'ld rather get the whole set off a rsx from around here, or wait to see what you had on the mugen set.
thanks again.

GeNoZiDe
06-09-2003, 07:33 PM
well mugen or not i wouldnt get those rimz ;) i think there fugly
IMO

when rim shoppin i usually look for a light weight 16
but i got a good deal on some light weight 17's with rubbah
little heavier... but the price was right :D

StrangeShadow
06-12-2003, 01:41 PM
http://kingmotorsports.com/images/projects/civicsi/king_si_06.jpg

here is 'one' of the wheels I like, mf-10, but not stuck to these particular ones, more interested right now in finding all the different optioned for a 5lug conversion.

YooShin
06-12-2003, 01:48 PM
I asked my brother about the 5 lug conversion and he said Mugen does do one, and that it's simply the parts of an RSX or Integra Type R. Seems like that will be your best option. What do ya'll think about the Volk GT 7s? Are there any clones of these? They're nice but I cant seem to find out weight for them. What about the Tenzo Apex 5? Are they a little to ricey?
My main choice still remains Advan RGs or Black Racing N1s in silver for my Vivid Blue.

tony speed
06-12-2003, 02:07 PM
The only caution I have for people interested in SSR Comps: They will bend. They are lightweight and cheaper than a lot of forged alloys, but they will bend before the forged alloys will bend.

:'( :'( i hope mine don't bend. i didn't feel like selling my soul just to get volk se-37ks. they quoted me $2,400 with wheels....and they only had them in bronze and black.....

when you say they bend...you have to hit them pretty hard right? at lest they won't shatter i guess

StrangeShadow
06-12-2003, 02:08 PM
I really like the volk GT 7, but am not sure if they make them in anysize under 18" I have seen two different clones out, one was an off-brand that I didn't look at, the other was made by enkei...

http://www.enkei.co.jp/

think they're on a yellow mazda with ww kits that has been appearing in a lot of mags.

I like the Advan RG's, there're some pics of them in bronze on a yellow ep in the wheel forum. I think they give the car a really good jdm look considering they are used a lot on jdm tuner cars in many diff. mags.

the others I can't rember what they look like off hand, weight issues is big for me, I want some good forged wheels. probably 16' - 17' that way they look good filling the wheel gap plus are good for performance(light weight). not to mension the type-r's come w/stock 17"

YooShin
06-12-2003, 02:20 PM
Yeh, light weight wheels are a must. I don't want to be one of those stories you hear about a stock ep out running a ep with i/h/e but really heavy wheels. The black racing Pro N1s are 18.1 lbs. for a 17x7.5 wheel. I like the Rays Gram Lights to. Its hard to find something that a little more aggresive in style without getting heavy or ricey. I saw some Tenzo Apex 5s on a RSX and they looked good, but come to find out they're 21 lbs for the 17x7 wheel! I guess this takes us back to the 5 lug conversion topic: More choices for light weight wheels and better balance. Can't help but feel that Honda Kind of screwed us on that.

tony speed
06-12-2003, 02:49 PM
yeah....either it was a weight issue...or they purposely tried to screw the si to make the rsx better.

StrangeShadow
06-13-2003, 05:04 PM
the gram lights are nice, I like them a lot too, but unless you get the gram light pros, the rest are cast not forged, which sucks.
Yeah, they had to make the rsx better cause it's acura, it wouldn't be that great if you paid that much more for an acura and a honda outran you, it sucks though, the good thing is it's not that much better, just a alittle tinkering and we can outrun them.
It's mainly a lot of little things, like the 5lug conversion, 1more gear on the tranny, 40more poneys, higher readline/fuel cutoff, ivtec kicks in later, sadly they all seam to add up pretty fast, and simply replacing each does too since we can drop in an ivtec controller and 6spd tranny, w/hondata to extend the fuel cut off, but after some many things plus internal engine mods it's probably better/cheaper to just do a k2 swap.

Cashis
06-15-2003, 10:33 AM
I've always liked ROTA's because they're lightweight and most importantly inexpensive, but if I had money to blow on wheels then I don't think ROTA would be my first choice :D

StrangeShadow
06-16-2003, 08:02 AM
I've always liked ROTA's because they're lightweight and most importantly inexpensive, but if I had money to blow on wheels then I don't think ROTA would be my first choice
ditto, I figure I'll just keep my stock wheels on a little longer while I save a little longer for something better.