PDA

View Full Version : Just the intake, what kind?

NetDragon
08-07-2002, 03:50 PM
Hey instead of getting a whole big CAI or the top engine kind (WAI?) what is a good cleanable intake filter I can install that will let the egine breath a little better. Someone mentioned a K&N brand one but I have no idea. Thanks.

fishboy
08-07-2002, 04:53 PM
check to see if they have a k&n drop in filter. fuck it just get an AEM CAI you won't regret the purchase that's for sure.

RacingCivicSi02
08-07-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by fishboy
check to see if they have a k&n drop in filter. fuck it just get an AEM CAI you won't regret the purchase that's for sure. True u won't regret getting AEM they make some of the best products.

NetDragon
08-08-2002, 09:51 AM
Er, I want to, but I can not drop 250 bones right now.. I am mainly worried about the dealership getting all pissed off and voiding my warranty or something because I am not using the factory intake thing. See I have the service plan, all scheduled maintanance for 75,000 miles is covered by the dealer.

RacingCivicSi02
08-08-2002, 04:33 PM
Well u can put the intake on. Then when ever u have to go back to the dealership. Just take it back off. It as easy as that.
I know the intake doesn't cost around that much. At most it would be around 215 to probably 230.

civic hatch boi
08-08-2002, 04:38 PM
230...250...same difference :)

NetDragon
08-08-2002, 04:51 PM
Ug! What a pain though! We are talking like every few months for an oil change!? I need to write Honda and see how an intake would affect my warranty.

RacingCivicSi02
08-08-2002, 06:03 PM
I heard something about if the dealership installs it for u they can't void your warrenty. Cuz they did it for u. "But thats juss something i heard." I'm not sure about it

My98nsx
08-09-2002, 09:40 AM
Bought my AEM at the dealer, and had it installed there. They will honor the factory warranty if they sell the parts and install the parts. It cost me around 230 bones. We have bought several things this way from the dealer for another car. Usually once you've developed a relationship with the guys at the counter, they start giving you a discount too. I've found that if you find a good dealer, their prices are pretty competetive with indie shops.

djs

greenguy
08-09-2002, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by NetDragon
Er, I want to, but I can not drop 250 bones right now.. I am mainly worried about the dealership getting all pissed off and voiding my warranty or something because I am not using the factory intake thing. See I have the service plan, all scheduled maintanance for 75,000 miles is covered by the dealer.

They just cant void your warranty for an Intake. They would have to prove that it caused a problem. Even that is not easy as The warranty is a legal document of coverage by the maker of the vehicle. Do some research and you will find out the truth:) .

goldy02
08-10-2002, 09:31 AM
i uesd to work a dealership and we had people come in with all kinds of things done to their cars, they never voided anything unless i messed up something, and also i could have sworn that somewhere in the manual it says that anything before the throttle body, and anything after the cat. can be replaced, but no internals etc. im not sure but i read that while i was working on a car at the shop, i just cannot remember were.

i have a spoon filter it was $150. but its preety neat, it give you a sort of jdm feel and factory look, :D

SBC31
08-10-2002, 09:58 AM
You're warranty should not get voided with a simple Air Intake. Heck, my dealer even sells them. Now lowering springs may void the warranty for your shocks, but again, if the dealer sells them, then it's all good.

p.s. Some Honda dealers are really big on mods, check and find one in your area.