PDA

View Full Version : ticket ... what should i do

Drastik_Si
04-26-2003, 08:35 AM
i got a ticket about a week ago for doing 83 in a 65 in galveston and i just recently took defensive driving so its not an option, i dont know what to do. ive gotten two tickets since i turned 18 ad im trying to take care of them keeping my parents out of them as much as possible (in other words not telling them)
but i needed to know if there was anything else i could do to keep it off my driving record?

mhx
04-26-2003, 08:45 AM
pay the fine.. take defered judifcation.. and dont get pulled over for 6mo it will be erased from your record..

S2kGirl
04-26-2003, 02:17 PM
Not quite sure where you live, but in most places you can request a court date and if the officer doesn't show up for court then you get off no matter what. The problem is that if he does show up and you can't prove you weren't guilty then you run the risk of ending up screwed and having to pay an even bigger fine for wasting the court's time.

King Kang
04-26-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by S2kGirl
Not quite sure where you live, but in most places you can request a court date and if the offic er doesn't show up for court then you get off no matter what. he problem is that if he does show up and you can't prove you weren't guilty then yourun the risk of ending up screwed and having to pay an even bigger fine for wasting the court's time.

I was just in Traffic Court in VA....lots of people requested continuinces but the judge was confirming that the officers would be there by scheduling the new court dates to conicide with the offier's next schedule court appearances.

You might want to get a lawyer....that "prayer for judgement stuff" only works one time.....and if you get busted within the six months, you'll go to court having to pay both tickets simul.

BlasTech
04-26-2003, 03:05 PM
If you recently took defensive driving to lower your insurance, I think you are still allowed to take it again for a ticket.

If you already have a ticket on your record, you wont have much luck getting a deferred, but put on your best suit, shave (if needed) and cut your hair, and go ask the judge nicely to give you another chance.

BTW, thats such a bummer, cause I know people were probably flying by you at 83 in a 65 anyway...

was it a state or local cop?

klik
04-26-2003, 04:50 PM
shit, thats the same shit happens to me yesterday got a ticket and the 504 says im goin 80+ in a 65 but i was going 75 if im sure
any1 know how much do i have to pay i got a ticket from the fast 5 months
:( need advise

King Kang
04-26-2003, 09:41 PM
DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!!

I just got another ticket 2 hrs ago....driving my girlfriend over to her friends house....in her car. This sucks. I'm going to have to get a lawyer this time I think. The cop said I was going 65 in a 45. I don't believe it, I wasn't even speeding! We were going slow, looking for street signs because we were following driving directions. I really can't even remeber the last time I was this mad!

SinisterCivicSi
04-26-2003, 10:16 PM
my only experiences with tickets are.....dont pay it, wait for the court date and go to court. plead guilty (if your officer even shows up which is 50/50 he wont) and usually they take the points off but you have to pay the fine....trust me, its worth it, even if its 300 bucks....you might be hurting in your wallet but your record will be fine.