PDA

View Full Version : Thanks so much PaXiE and others on this board

siver-SI
04-26-2003, 06:05 PM
Well last weekend I did my speeker install it took me about 7-8 hours with 2 being wasted for me not remember is I did something or not and went back and checked. For this being my first speeker install ever I have to say it went great. My bigest thing was to get the speeker adjusted right to fit into the door panel since I used a one inch riser to install them. Once I got all my infinty speekers in they sound just great. I installed the the cross over on the flat part of the inner door panel that is flat and is right next the the speeker. I just had to hold the crossover in the door a while so the silicon would dry. With your pictures PaXiE I have to say you saved me a lot of problems trying to figure out how to get the doors off.

The only I would say that I would add that made my job a little easyer was I got a door and trim kit for the doors for the panels and the clips. I have to say it made a easy job of the clips that got stuck in the doors and not the panels. With working at Snap-on tools I get the stuff cheaper and with me doing other car resotoration I am going to use the over and over so I do not know if this is for everyone.

With the 1" riser it was a easy intall and just a few new holes drilled in the front and rears it was a easy over all install. The rears were very easy fited some 6 1/2 Inifintys to the rears and just had to drill 3 new holes per speaker and that was it and just cut the wires and then stip them and intall. The tweetes I just had the shave off the tabs and then I was able to intall the tweeters with the infinity tweeters just fine with the adapter I got with the speekers for the tweekers right in the infinity box. I love the sound and how much better the system sounds now. I am now thinking of a head unit but I will have to see what the cash is like but I guess I will have to wait and see.

oogy-boogy
04-27-2003, 04:48 AM
Good job bud....................DIY is the way to go!

ssvr6
04-27-2003, 05:48 AM
Pax's pics are the best. I just used them yesterday to install my rears and I'm hoping to use them again to do the fronts and my HU today.

Great shit Pax! Awesome work!

Steve

jaydub
04-27-2003, 12:25 PM
Good work. :)

Jpax
04-27-2003, 06:55 PM
(blushes) aWw thanks guys, well i had help from others on this board too. thanks for the compliments. :cool:

IceD out N CALI
04-28-2003, 09:56 PM
ya thanks pax, u do got some good pics and install help:)