PDA

View Full Version : G-Box!?!?!!??

Kru_zer
04-27-2003, 09:56 AM
Has anyone heard of this company before?? Next Level Performance.... the have two addon boxes. I understand computer theory and workings of an engine. What they say on there website makes sense to me. The 5 volt reference wire on most vehicles runs to the TPS, Map & Air Intake Sensor etc..

Basically I was wondering if anyone has tried this system on any vehicle and how it actually peformed for you. The price is right if it lives up to what they say it can do. Anyway, just some more info if nothing else. Take care.

http://www.nextlevelracing.com/

Kruzen!!!

BlasTech
04-27-2003, 10:11 AM
looks like a Venom 400 at the price more like what its actually worth in parts/assembly.

Probably a good item for automatics, but be sure to use high-octane to prevent detonation.

I wouldnt be surprised if there was plans to build one of these (DIY) on the Web, as I dont think it involves any ICs.

SHAKEnBAKE
05-04-2003, 05:19 PM
At 40 bucks I don't mind buying it, but will it fuck up my car? Anyone has any comment?

hypnoj
10-15-2003, 08:50 PM
Ya, have you guys learned anything new about this G-box?? There are so many scams out there, yet so many people willing to put down a new idea with out researching it. If you learn anything new (especially if you decide to purchase one) let me know. thanks.

XSquigyX
10-16-2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by BlasTech
looks like a Venom 400 at the price more like what its actually worth in parts/assembly.

Probably a good item for automatics, but be sure to use high-octane to prevent detonation.

I wouldnt be surprised if there was plans to build one of these (DIY) on the Web, as I dont think it involves any ICs.

I would have to call SCAM!! on both of these units. The Venom 400 advances your TPS signal to the ECU in order to make ut think that you are at open loop before you actually are. From my experience wit this, most cars bypass emissions equipment and add more timing/fuel which is why you feel a little difference. To give you an idea, go drie your car at WOT non-stop....

hypnoj
10-16-2003, 03:40 PM
I'm not sucha newbie, but what does WOT stand for again? If this increases hp/torque by changing my fuel mixture why wouldn't I want to get it? Is there an easier, less expensive way of doing it? I understand that this method is a simple concept, and not a new one, but I'm only interested in performance. People are getting their chips flashed for $600! If this cost $600 would more people do it?

XSquigyX
10-16-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by hypnoj
I'm not sucha newbie, but what does WOT stand for again? If this increases hp/torque by changing my fuel mixture why wouldn't I want to get it? Is there an easier, less expensive way of doing it? I understand that this method is a simple concept, and not a new one, but I'm only interested in performance. People are getting their chips flashed for $600! If this cost $600 would more people do it?

WOT = Wide Open Throttle = Closed loop opperation :D ;)

Don't worry, I had to ask at one point also.;)

hypnoj
10-16-2003, 03:54 PM
thanks... I understand now. You're saying that our own computer will change the fuel/air ratio enough if we lay on the gas. Gotcha;)

vtecnrg
10-18-2003, 10:32 PM
My car has a g-spot. It is somewhere between the turbo and the accelerator. But I can never find it. :confused:

Si4U2NV
10-19-2003, 10:02 AM
a buddy of mine with a 91 Geo Storm bought this the other day off ebay real cheap... naturally he brought it to me his "car guy" to install. It's sitting on my desk in front of me as we speak... i'll keep you guyz updated...

-Mike:angelm: