PDA

View Full Version : pitting on badges how I found out to get rid of it

siver-SI
04-27-2003, 10:31 AM
Ok well I little bit ago I remember about how members were talking about their emblems getting pitting and it would not come off well yesterday when I did my UK badge on my car I found out how to get them off and I was not even trying too.

Well I was preping the paint on my car so the UK badge would go on and my first thing I used was on Goo Gone. Well when I was doing this I noticed that my Civic badge had some pitting on it and I could not get it off with a wet towel so as I was upset about that I started to spray to goo gone on my car and I got a little over spray on my C of the Civic badge.

Well when I went to wipe it off all of a sudden the pitting was not looking so bad but it was still there. So now I took the Goo Gone and just sprayed my C very well and all of a sudden all the pitting was gone. I have not done all the badges yet with it because I am detailing it out next weekend so I want to see if there is a Miquairs product that does this well, but at least I know I can get it off now.

Thought I would share this I do not know if this was all ready found out or not but I did not see it in a search I did.

Neal

Si4U2NV
04-27-2003, 08:26 PM
umm...am i behind on something?? whatz "pitting" ?

cuz if itz wha i think it is ... then COOL!

-Mike