PDA

View Full Version : Do you do anything crazy when you spot another Ep?

ep pilot
04-27-2003, 06:01 PM
I think Honda owners are amid some of the rudest enthusiaste around. Nothing but beef and hard stares from EG owner, Ek owners, Accords and Ludes. But what I have noted since picking my Si up in November of 2002 is a subtle cult following of our cars, not quite to the extent yet but much in the same realm of enthusiasim evoked by Jeep Wrangler owners & Harley riders.

The thing that is weird to me is that when I see another Ep driver pass by it's always followed by a neck snapping deer in the headlights stare, like WOW:eek: another EP! I am trying to break this but it's not working to well. Sometimes I will flash my headlights or look over and give a thumbs up or whatever, but what confuses the heck out of my friends is when the are riding with me and an Ep passes by, I am like WoW!:eek: slowing the car down, turning my neck, and they look at me like I am crazy, but I cant help it, anyone else?

-Ryan

ApexinSi
04-27-2003, 06:08 PM
I used to break my neck to see other EP's.. all it ever see is some old dude or middle aged woman.. not worth my time anymore.

IceD out N CALI
04-27-2003, 06:14 PM
I give em a glance and if they glance back i jus nod real quick and thats about it:)

02TafWhtSi
04-27-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by ApexinSi
I used to break my neck to see other EP's.. all it ever see is some old dude or middle aged woman.. not worth my time anymore.

same situation in my area. Except for the same two white EP's at my college every other EP is driven by someone completely out of my age bracket.

k20hatch
04-27-2003, 07:42 PM
I go pretty crazy when i see another ep and im out...Cuz around here there pretty rare...theres only 3 others ep than mine and there older people and there all stock...I went pretty crazy when i saw the incubus ep one night and followed it around for awhile...But yeah i love seeing them around!! :D

BlackFL2k2Si
04-27-2003, 07:49 PM
Just a nod, like IceD, if they are around my age.

TravisEP3
04-27-2003, 07:52 PM
I always give a friendly wave. Some people get it.. some dont. It's sort of like an "ep3" thing instead of a "jeep" thing. If they dont wave back I dont get bent out of shape but around here it is pretty rare to see another one anyways.

Accordexcpe95
04-27-2003, 08:01 PM
haha that's excatly wut i do, a friendly wave.. but be honest. i rarely see one on the street.. it really feels good when u see them bcuz the drivers have good taste of buying the EP and they kno is a great car. u will never do that when u drive Accord, or other common cars. it's jus weird

SinisterCivicSi
04-27-2003, 08:05 PM
they are rare around here also. whats funny to me is sometimes if i leave at just the right time in the morning, there is this white ep coming from the waldorf/charles county area (not sure where he/she lives). for anyone that lives or has traveled through this part of maryland, you know that route 301 is a very busy and dangerous road.....minimum speed for EVERYONE is 80-90mph. anyways, i am tryin to drop my son off at school and this ep every time they see me.....they try and race?! HELLO! SAME CAR DUMMIE.
this car is str8 stock from what i can see and hear....but they cant drive...since i am a beltway driver, you get accustomed to getting through traffic and the slower drivers......they can never keep up....then they get all bent cause i am cars ahead of them...always get a laugh out of that one.

ALCT
04-27-2003, 08:31 PM
once I saw an ep, drove next to it to give thumbs up but I couldn't cuz the driver was an older lady, (maybe 55 or 60)
:D :D

chunky
04-27-2003, 08:35 PM
i'm usually all like vrooo0000mvr00000m

and they're all like :eek:

and them i'm like :D

and we're both like :P

but mostly I wave, give 'em a nod.

Mugen Power
04-27-2003, 08:45 PM
Hmm, there are a couple at my school and one that lives by me. I see the one that lives by me all the time but he doesn't pay any attention even when I flash at him. One of the ones at school passed by me the other day (I was leaving the parking lot as he was coming in) and again, no reaction. What is it with these Honda drivers? :D

jeffspeed23
04-28-2003, 01:10 AM
some dont know or dont care about the rareity of th Si or what the Si is all about, they treat it like any other ole civic.
I havnt seen another EP ever on the road, but that is b/c everything i need including my job is less than 3 miles from me.

ep88
04-28-2003, 01:18 AM
same here, i always flash my headlights or just wave when i see another EP :D

redronin22
04-28-2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by ep88
same here, i always flash my headlights or just wave when i see another EP :D

ditto

SBC31
04-28-2003, 06:54 AM
My wife can't believe how other EP owners, or simply Honda owners will honk or wave or do whatever when they see my car. She says that Honda owners are quite the dedicated breed...lol! Since this is my 5th Honda, all I have to say is that she is correct.

When I see another EP, I usually simply wave or honk the horn. Starting to see more EP's around here now.

GO SENS GO!

King Kang
04-28-2003, 06:59 AM
Uh...am I the only one who rev's their engine and looks back at the other ep driver like a madman? I always scowl at them like "why the hell did you buy that car you loser!"

Then I give the friendly head nod and thumbs up of course

Seriously though, I'm very nice to other ep drivers, even though I see them less than once a month. It is oddly exciting to see another ep on the road. I find however that I do not get along with SI coupe drivers though....they don't care much for the engine revving and rap video faces I make at them.

Brettnyt
04-28-2003, 07:00 AM
I normally flash my lights at em, wave, and if possible, i pull up along side and we goose around for a bit... Theres not too many in my area... Ive seen like 3 diff ones... Everybody seems to be nice tho... Cept for the old guy... Had to be Mid 60's I pull up and wave and give him a thumbs up and he looks at me like im crazy...

golferjn
04-28-2003, 11:11 PM
a wave and a thumbs up

RiceCzechs
04-28-2003, 11:23 PM
Wave, thumbs up, flash (the lights! Get your minds out of the gutter!), whatever is handy...

chet
04-29-2003, 12:22 AM
I saw one at the dragstrip last week. Talked to the kid for a little bit. I saw two on the road the other night on the way to work. Didn't really have time to think of something to do. I hardly see them. Including the kid at the strip, I have seen a total of five on the road. I would always like to talk to the driver to see what they think of the car, but rarely get the chance.

SHAKEnBAKE
04-29-2003, 12:32 AM
I was driving my sister to campus when I saw another EP(white) from behind, as I approached it from the side I honk and give a thumbs up the guy turns around, and he was like 60 years old!!
I don't have anything against old people, only it is quite surprising to me.

BTW Why does every Si Coupe I met always give me crappy faces and rev like punk-asses? What did our car did wrong, more refined, better interior? Why the long face?

ULTRAMANIA
04-29-2003, 02:11 AM
i don't see enough around to really do anything... even WHEN I DO SEE ONE, i don't do anything cause i usually mistaken it for a focus so i'm to late to do anything.. and that pisses me off pretty bad..

Marcivi
04-29-2003, 12:51 PM
I've pulled up beside one other 02 Si and I revved at the guy and he told me to pull intyo the next parking lot. I pulled up beside him and he asked if I had anything done to it yet. He then said that he was having i/h/e, body kit, wheels and coil overs put on. He then gave me his card and asked if I was in a club yet (Hello, I'm in the Army. Biggest car club on earth). Turns out the guy is a Promoter. Haven't seen him or talk to him or even seen his car yet. I'll drag him by the site if I see him again though.

-Jack

FACTION95Si
04-29-2003, 02:01 PM
I keep an eye out for IceD out N CALI. He lives by me. I have yet to see another EP owner :( If I did I would wave or nod or something. Maybe hang my ......

BSEVEER
04-29-2003, 02:07 PM
I usually keep a turd in my car and I throw it at other EP's, you know just to get their attention...J/K of course. WTF is wrong with me, I really am a sick bastard, I really need to get a job...:D

XLR8B4U
04-29-2003, 02:21 PM
Yo .. when I saw this, I was all like :cool: then I when I saw that no one else thought it was funny I was all like :'( but soon I realized that people are all like :D and don't realize the humor.

Very funny Chunkmeister.

Originally posted by chunky
i'm usually all like vrooo0000mvr00000m

and they're all like :eek:

and them i'm like :D

and we're both like :P

but mostly I wave, give 'em a nod.

ShowstoppersUSA
04-29-2003, 02:32 PM
I always do the head nod thing when I see another EP, then I speed up and cut em off so they can see my Showstoppers sticker on my rear winshield :D . I've only seen two around here in Glendale, anyone here from Glendale??? I got nothin but love for all EP drivers out there :cool: !

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

sniperSI
04-29-2003, 03:49 PM
If i notice one in front of me i creep up real slow from behind REAL slow, (usualy in the 2nd lane of a 4 lane highway) so slow that they know something is going on cause the car that should be passing thme is going to slow to pass, so right around the time we are dead even, they look, and without fail they are always shocked because it's almost like looking in a mirror. and with my tint, it pretty much is.

...then I throw a rock thru their window with a note on it that says "epatch.com it was worth your window" and take off.

Mad02Si
04-29-2003, 04:06 PM
I have seen only 3-5 Ep's in my area. Theres a new Vivid Blue one at this hair salon in Zion but I dont know what they are about the car is still stock. There a middle age lady with a black one and I got kinda giddy when I saw it thinking I had some healthy competition but pasted by her and she was looking like oh another Si, I was sad cause it was all stock. I need to inspire people around here, This car gets no real love, I had these girls next to me ask me if my car was a Si and that was cool but other than that people just kinda look and dont really admire the car. I want to get my rims and then maybe I will get more looks..

DownTheHatch
04-29-2003, 06:20 PM
I'm probably the craziest, I used to keep ephatch stickers in my car and stick them under windshiled wipers, I would stop, grab a pen and paper and leave them a note to go to ephatch.com.

Right now I'm on this thing were I just flash my brights but I get less attention that way, I like to wave, thumbs up, or talk to them, I've talked to about 6 EP owners by rolling down my window while driving or at a stoplight. Everytime I see an EP in a parking lot I pull up to it to see what they've done, and I'll usually park right by it so they can check mine out when they get back.

I've been known to alter my course just to follow an EP and mess with them, I think I went like 2 miles out of my way just because I was messing with a dude that had dropped his ep on rotas.

If I see an EP infront or behind me I will speed up or slow down to try to get next to them, Its so much fun, I've made alot of friends and brought alot of people to this website, its the EP culture man.

HondaMan
04-29-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by SBC31
My wife can't believe how other EP owners, or simply Honda owners will honk or wave or do whatever when they see my car. She says that Honda owners are quite the dedicated breed...lol! Since this is my 5th Honda, all I have to say is that she is correct.

When I see another EP, I usually simply wave or honk the horn. Starting to see more EP's around here now.

GO SENS GO!

Same here, but I rarely see other EPs when I'm driving my EP (go figure). The 1 time I did see another EP while driving my EP to work the person about broke their neck to check out my ride as I went flying by. It was a totally stock silver EP with serious door/rear quarter panel damage.

siver-SI
04-29-2003, 07:34 PM
I am surprized to see older people driving these with them being a stick sift. I would expect young people just because of that.

StrangeShadow
04-29-2003, 11:51 PM
I usually put the window down and start to ejacul..... j/k just smile and wave...:p plus go completly Ape $%#@ while waving both hands in the air, freaking out anyone in or around my car becase I have only seen 4 others so fare.

Sidriver
04-30-2003, 12:18 AM
Yeah like when I first got my Ep like a few months ago I noticed a lot of old people pushin' it (that's cool gotta represent). I'd still honk at them or wave but when comes to young crowd like most of us here I'd roll down my window cuz they can't really see through the tint and stare at there Ep and give them the Nod like in the Hieniken comercial(you know what I'm talkin about :)
Most Ep's I see are like flying down the road so there's no greetings there (I admit that I that I'm one of them;). I'd thought about the same idea of sticking ephatch stickers on other ep's too (to spread the word;) but I always let another ep owner(when i see one) know about ephatch:)

S2kGirl
04-30-2003, 06:43 AM
If i ever see another Ep on the road I'll post back and let you know if I did anything crazy.

K20A3Si
09-11-2003, 11:54 AM
i always give a honk of the horn or a thumbs up to ep3's and dc5's...us K series have to stick toghether......

B-series owners are the worst...they will usually give me a dirty look...most o fthem need to grow up

EP2002
09-11-2003, 12:02 PM
I'm with you guys...

I always see old people in ep3's. It sucks cuz I'll get all excited and will catch up or slow down.

Then I'm all embarassed for honking or waving b/c they have NO clue why I waved to them. Oh well.

On a good note. There is a silver and blue ep3 on my street. Cool!!! And they not old farts!!

blacksihatch
09-11-2003, 12:18 PM
I usually have my girlfriend flash her tits at them.

ShowstoppersUSA
09-11-2003, 12:22 PM
I "Rev Hard" and let them hear the "pshhhhhhhhhhh" :p

Chuck
Showstoppers USA

Stoop
09-11-2003, 12:51 PM

:p Hope you drive by me sometime blacksihatch...LOL...j/k.

I've seen maybe 5 or 6 Eps around here. If I'm in my EP I'll try to catch up and check out their car. I'll give them a thumbs up and usually they'll do the same back. But sometimes though, when I'm in my 00 coupe and see an EP driver, they'll give me the dirtiest looks if I try to give them the same thumbs up. It's all good though cause I know I got one at home too.

My Ep gets hella attention from everyone, even though I'm still stock. :( People always want to race and stuff cause they wanna know how the new Si stacks up against their ride. I'll usually let them toast me off the line...on purpose...and then when they let off the gas I'll catch up and cut their ass off and give them the finger in the rear view mirror!:D ....j/k. I've learned my lessons on the road and know better then to pull that crap.

r3p00c
09-11-2003, 01:35 PM
i used to carry around my ephatch invite cards, and stick them under the persons wiper. i stopped doing that because of the 10 or so people i did that to, absolutely none showed up on the site. about half the time when i see one on the road and i try to wave or something, they totally ignore me. the other half, i've had wave and honk back, and cruise through traffic with me for a little bit. i also met one guy with a decent amount of stuff done to his, and i told him to come to the site... but he said he just doesn't have the time. :(

StrangeShadow
09-11-2003, 01:54 PM
B-series owners are the worst...they will usually give me a dirty look...most o fthem need to grow up
haha most of them are like 16.

lol road trip to oregan!

TheMutt
09-11-2003, 02:43 PM
I always turn my head really fast and stare them down until they're out of sight, I like to think I look something like this > :D

If I'm not busy I'll try to catch up to the guy or even turn around, but a lot of people don't really say hi... Some don't even look. Guess I'm not good enough :'(

StrangeShadow
09-11-2003, 03:07 PM
if there is a stop sign or red light I get out and piss in-front of their car to show then that the road is mine...sortof what my dog does to trees.

abstrack
09-11-2003, 05:54 PM
as im about to say hi and wave i get too excited and cream my pants :eek:

and another time i was on my way to work and i saw another black ep like mines... so i followed it... he was from cali i followed him to state line before i remembered i was suppose to be at work :rolleyes:

chubbychu
09-11-2003, 06:19 PM
hehe...i turn and follow them until i hit a 2 lane road..and drive next to them till they acknowledge my presence...than i smile...and have a heart attack and die

yakov456
09-11-2003, 06:20 PM
Theres a blue one at a beer distributor near me. I always see it when I go to work. So one day I decide to stop in and talk to whoever owns it. I find the guy and he wasn't really feelin me. I was asking what he planned on doing mods wise but he didn't really seem to care. I told him about the site to but I don't think he cared. Needless to say I felt pretty stupid when I left. I won't let it discourage me though, I'll still tell any owners I see about the site.

SinisterCivicSi
09-11-2003, 07:19 PM
i just put an invite card on a black ep last night at a local bar near me, straight stock but hopefully they will join.......if they arent like 80.

Z-49
09-11-2003, 07:51 PM
some of you sound a little sick, following people, leaving things on their cars, i mean come on, i not trying to hate, but it's just a car. i may be a little jaded about this because i see them everyday, (work at a dealer) but that's just me, just don't go freaking out some old grandma just cause she drives a ep. but most ep owners seem to give respect/love to other ep's.

yakov456
09-11-2003, 08:07 PM
It's because you work at a dealer and see them sitting on your lot all day everyday. I'm lucky if I have one ep sighting in a weeks time. They're just not that common because they're not the best selling car in the world. Call me crazy by the way because I'll always turn my head anytime I see another ep

RN4VR
09-11-2003, 08:16 PM
I live in NYC so I don't see too many stock EP much less for modified ones. But if I did see a modified one I would definitely snap the head back.

hendo999
09-11-2003, 09:21 PM
i always wave and give the thumbs up, or i yell out the window YEAH EP!!!!! my friends are always like wtf, i get exicited cuz ive only seen 4 of them near me, they are real rare near pittsburgh in fact i havent seen one for prob 2 months.

StrangeShadow
09-11-2003, 09:38 PM
some of you sound a little sick, following people, leaving things on their cars, i mean come on, i not trying to hate, but it's just a car. i may be a little jaded about this because i see them everyday, (work at a dealer) but that's just me, just don't go freaking out some old grandma just cause she drives a ep. but most ep owners seem to give respect/love to other ep's.
GET LOST!!!
you're cramping our psychotic style ""YOU CRAZY DUTCH BASTARD!""(ast pwr 3)

mental
09-11-2003, 10:22 PM
i tend to flash my brights and throw up the dueces(peace sign) as a way to say whats up... but sometimes however i get more than i bargained for... as in the case of nemesis itr... who as it turns out has HIDs now and when i saw him the other day all i got was HID brights falshed at me and then accordingly i got pissed off cuz i mean well he has HIDs and i dont!!! lol... :D

eurosteez
09-11-2003, 10:54 PM
I like to grab the wheel with my feet and let my hairy ass hang out the window to show my appreciation towards fellow ep drivers. they usually get a kick out of it. or i just nod and smile.

raiyo
09-11-2003, 11:00 PM
i just give them a smile if they are young. most of the time i turn my head and look when i see another ep is always an old lady or man. for the young ones they ignore me.......:'(

StrangeShadow
09-11-2003, 11:04 PM
I like to grab the wheel with my feet and let my hairy ass hang out the window to show my appreciation towards fellow ep drivers. they usually get a kick out of it. or i just nod and smile.
lol mugen_ep does something like that, but he puts his head out the sun-roof too. :D :p

vie-tec
09-12-2003, 01:58 PM
For me most of the time i see old people is driving it,but
when i see young people driving it i just turn my head
and said dam thats a nice ep!!Or give them that wusup head.

audomatik
09-12-2003, 05:04 PM
I got one guy at the Honda dealer talking to me about my car. He was looking at a Euro Yellow SI. He was an EG owner, we were talking about honda-tech.com and shooting the shit about the EP.

Then there was a guy in an EK that saw me one day and just pointed at me and gave me this wierd look. Thats when my car was all stock. The other day I saw him again, kinda around dusk, so I had my driving lights on and my car is sitting pretty on my TEIN springs. He saw the Red Emblem in the front and just stared at the car like a deer in headlights. So I stuck my arm out the window, pointed at his car and gave him this goofy ass look. HAHAHA!

All EP owners I've seen give me a nod, even this one old guy in a Silver EP. One guy, I'm so envious, probably about late 40s-early 50s, had a Silver EP with FP wheels. I was like oh snap!! haha... but there are some ignorant EP owners. One kid revs his engine at me all the time and gives me the ghetto-APC-altezza taillight-neon winshield washer nozzle-stare. I just laugh at him.

The only time I slowed down, and almost broke my neck to look at another EP was when I saw another VBP one. I thought I was the only one in my area. Damn 20 something ugly girl... ahhaha

Type X
09-13-2003, 10:56 AM
i spotted quite a fwe and usually give a toot of the horn or something

once however i was getting lunch and some HOT 21yr old girl pulled up in a silver one :)
started asking me about my car
i got the # and Email addy
but never really followed up

and now when i see her on the road she gives me a toot and wave still ;)

eurosteez
09-13-2003, 11:50 AM
Im still waitin for the day I see a hotty driving an EP. That would be really damn sexy. I would just follow her for a few hundred miles or until she realizes theirs some ep nutcase on her ass. hehehe

chibianh
09-13-2003, 07:59 PM
hey guys,

like the subject says, i'm the owner of a 2003 silver Si.. got it about 2 weeks ago. this is also my first post to these forums.

i'm from southwest denver and have not seen one other ep since i got mine. don't know what i would do if i saw one. :P

sai_iii
09-13-2003, 08:21 PM
i got the last one at my dealerdship, and i've only seen two in the city since. i tried to follow but i lost them. 2 months ago i went on a family vacation up and down the east coast and i saw about 5 eps. eps are pretty rare.

02NJHondaep3
09-14-2003, 12:56 PM
If i see another ep, I start shooting at it or I try to run it off the road. ONLY MY EP MUST LIVE MWAHAHAHHA.jk

bao_pay
09-14-2003, 03:21 PM
i'm seeing them quite often now... tho haven't seen a gfx edition... when i see one i usually give them the stare like wtf are you looking at... then I stay the same pace as them and then do it again at the next light... keep doin it until they get scared and turn really quickly so I can't follow them...

MrCivic03
09-14-2003, 04:24 PM
i havent seen ne yet others than mine and one guy buying one a dealership. both are black. but when i driving i always get looks from BMW Acuras amd others like wtf is that. or damn that is a nice car. really cool tho.

02hatchgrl
09-16-2003, 07:04 AM
I hate it when people look at you all hard I call it "the Si" look it's so funny and I get it all the time from alot of differnt cars... elcipse, reg. civics, ford rangers, chevy s10, practicly everything. But I don't trip, I just wait till I pull up next to one then race then and guys (no offence) get butt hurt getting took by a girl.

StrangeShadow
09-16-2003, 01:58 PM
I hate it when people look at you all hard I call it "the Si" look it's so funny and I get it all the time from alot of differnt cars... elcipse, reg. civics, ford rangers, chevy s10, practicly everything. But I don't trip, I just wait till I pull up next to one then race then and guys (no offence) get butt hurt getting took by a girl.
haha they deserve it.
I like when these 'cool' guys go by in their civic coupes, eclipse ext... and their girl sitting next to them points at me as I drive by, and they just put their head down, I can't help but smile reeeeaaaaallll big. :D

eurosteez
09-16-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by StrangeShadow

I like when these 'cool' guys go by in their civic coupes, eclipse ext... and their girl sitting next to them points at me as I drive by, and they just put their head down, I can't help but smile reeeeaaaaallll big. :D

Aint that the truth. Funnier when the dude gets all bent and tries to take off and you just cruise right next to him.
:D :D :D

StrangeShadow
09-16-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by eurosteez

Aint that the truth. Funnier when the dude gets all bent and tries to take off and you just cruise right next to him.
:D :D :D
rofl I've done that!!! :D :D ;)

siver-SI
09-16-2003, 05:55 PM
Me too. This is also a good thing to do to high end imports. Man does it piss off the guy in a mid life crisses thing with a hot girl friend and he opens his car up and you just keep on cruising with him. The one I remember most was a black new Mercadies (miss spell I know) coupe I started to cruise with him at about 80 and he started to get speed up and so did I and he stoped about about 120 with me right behind him or along side him depending on the trafic. It was fun and my Dad was in the pasanger seat and he just had this smile on his face. He likes speed too since he is my crew chief for when I race on a local track (not with my EP since there is bumping and banging).

1flySi2002
09-17-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by raiyo
i just give them a smile if they are young. most of the time i turn my head and look when i see another ep is always an old lady or man. for the young ones they ignore me.......:'(

Ditto

BarracksSi
09-17-2003, 04:49 PM
Spotted another black EP during rush hour today, and we exchanged smiles & waves.

Same thing the two times I've seen a blue one in the neighborhood -- a nod & a wave get the point across well.

sai_iii
09-17-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by 02hatchgrl

Yeah i get stares all the time in my ep. My bro(drives mr2 turbo) thought he was funny and when he laughed and said "They look at it like its "fast"." :'(

StrangeShadow
09-17-2003, 11:17 PM
Yeah i get stares all the time in my ep. My bro(drives mr2 turbo) thought he was funny and when he laughed and said "They look at it like its "fast"."
rofl yeah, those mk2 mr2 turbos can run 300+whp extremly easy with VERY minor mods. What year is his mr2 turbo?

potator
09-18-2003, 12:46 AM
:D :cool:

sai_iii
09-18-2003, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by StrangeShadow

rofl yeah, those mk2 mr2 turbos can run 300+whp extremly easy with VERY minor mods. What year is his mr2 turbo?

yeah, he has a 91 with a HKS intake. He hasn't dyno'ed it yet but he told me that it had about 220 at the crank. It's hella fast. He blew his first engine though:D

eurosteez
09-18-2003, 10:15 AM
Theres a few ep's I've seen around town and the mother phuckers give me the stare like "Damn another EP". Rarely do I get a smile or nod. Stupid O.C. attitudes. Take the stick out of your ass its just a car.

StrangeShadow
09-18-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by sai_iii

yeah, he has a 91 with a HKS intake. He hasn't dyno'ed it yet but he told me that it had about 220 at the crank. It's hella fast. He blew his first engine though:D
haha yeah, I wouldn't mess with a turbo version in my ep, I like them a lot though, and hope to buy one someday as like a project go fast/fun car.

rs_1101
09-18-2003, 09:33 PM
i love it when i see another ep. i salute, i wave, i give thumbs up, i rev and make a total ass of myself. EP, i salute you!

blackout
01-26-2004, 02:20 PM
I always get stoked when I see one, I've even pulled over and introduced myself before. I guess its an EP3 thing...

denmah
01-26-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by K20A3Si
i always give a honk of the horn or a thumbs up to ep3's and dc5's...us K series have to stick toghether......

yeah really whats up with that, they dont want to accept the fact that there is anything else but the b16 si.

this is not true with all 9900 si owners i have met 2 and just struck up a convo with them immediately, they loved mine and i loved to see theres.

but most are punk asses.
hehe my fav part of showing the older si guys is i took em for a ride and swung the tach right past the 6800, that really got there attention.

Chinaboy
01-27-2004, 02:12 AM
I see what kinda driver it is first... then I chase after them on the road and then honk and wave franticlly and signal them to roll down their window or slow down... then I say nice car, have you been on ephatch.com? and then we talk until the light turns green, or until we have to go.. sorta stalkerish but hell im promoting EPHATCH.. in a good way =D

KimchiBoy_TypeR
01-27-2004, 03:10 AM
Man I dont know what is up with the Ep owners here in Houston, or the general modded hondas in the area but whenever I see them on the road they always give me a mean stare!!! I dont under stand, whenever its an Ep I try to wave but they give me this F.U stare and Im like ok F.U to buddy!!! I guess because I look like a little kid when Im in my car or even when I walk around. People say I look like I'm fiffteen or sumthin and its starting to get to me :'( I guess it doesnt matter how old I get I will look like a little spoiled shit in a modded Ep. Maybe I have to grow a beard or somthing?

Whiteboy
01-27-2004, 05:49 AM
You see EP's in Houston? Man! I'll see one about once a month, and I'll speed up or follow them about a mile to see if I can get beside it. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. 1) Pulled up beside azn supra star way back when 2) followed an ep about a mile and it turned out to be a gay guy 3) turned out to be a 40+ year old woman 4) It was azn supra star's brother. EP's are rare here :(

priest6479
01-27-2004, 12:19 PM
It depends on them. Sometimes I pull up along side and people wave, other times it's some kid who gives me a look and floors it. Most times it's a smile nod, wave or thumbs up.

FCobra94
01-27-2004, 12:43 PM
I only see 1 or 2 every other week around here. No one realyl flashes the high beams or says whats up though.

The other day though there was this 40 year old, or so, women that was driving a yellow one. She saw mine and the look on her face was like "OMGHi2U!" like she hadn't seen another one around before or something. It was kinda weird, but I smiled back anyway :)

BlairSpeed
01-27-2004, 02:15 PM
I live in Encinitas (North San Diego) and ive only seen about 4-5 EP's over the last 15 months and only 2 of them acknowledged me with a wave. I actually had a white si, all stock, pass me and he just wound out first and gave me the (my car is faster) look.

I've also seen a black one lowered with some silver rims, one time I saw him pass me, I caught up to him and wanted to race but he never looked over at me at ALL!!!! I was pretty pissed, he wasnt being rude, he just never looked over.

ragebomb
01-27-2004, 07:22 PM
I saw a vivid blue one on the Santa Monica freeway a couple months ago.

He gave me the peace sign with his hand thru the moonroof as he passed. My wife saw and thought it was hilarious.

yellerep3
01-27-2004, 07:41 PM
friendly nod wave or peace sighn, i was daydreaming at a light once, and one woke me up in opposite traffic, he was like go man.

pittcwhite
01-27-2004, 09:32 PM
yeah I do the same thing... im usually not used to seeing the outside of MY car while it is in motion, its kinda neat though, even after seeing many around the way over the past 2 or 3 years ep's have been on the streets...

Also to k20hatch, I used to live in VA Beach, and that Incubus Si was at the same dealership (Hall Honda) that I bought mine at... they were asking 21k for it, and I got mine for $16,900... nice sound system and KMC Wizdoms it had...

yellerep3
01-27-2004, 10:18 PM
sometimes i pull my nuts out

halos02Si
01-27-2004, 11:50 PM
I usually just give them a honk so they notice my ep and they usually honk back and wave. I was at a light next to one and scared the crap outta him when i honked (i had just installed my air horns :))

evilep3
01-28-2004, 01:12 AM
so far everytime i have seen an ep the owner was cool and threw up a nod or wave.... HOWEVER, ther is this dickhead who lives in ceres CA. he got hit by a car and got about 120 grand from the lawsuit. he has a nice ep with BC body kit and some nice rims... He is a dick. the first time i talked to him all he had to say was "when are you gonna give me the chance to give you the beat down on the 1/4 mile???" didnt say hey nice ride or introduce himself or shit, just talking shit off the line... :mad: I was like wtf and took off

he has no performance mods and he got stomped by a CIVIC DX with no mods. he is an embaracment to all ep owners around the world

StrangeShadow
01-29-2004, 05:12 PM
1)I haven't had my car in 3 months. So about 4 weeks ago I was ridng w/my sister in her lancer when I saw us pass a silver one up and almost broke my neck watching lol. I missy car. :'(
2)Two days ago a friend asked if I would ride with him to pic up his camry at the toyota dealership, across the street from the honda dealership. I could barley keep myself from running across the street and shoving the girls the dealer was showing an 04' to out of the way, to just sit in it.

Maybe I should go back and tell all potential buyers to buy a used 02'-03' cause they want to much for the 04's

513n179
02-01-2004, 12:09 PM
a few days ago, some old dude here in el cerrito gave me a thumbs up and i knodded back... it was funny because his jaw just dropped when he saw my car, then he had this big grin.

David L.
02-01-2004, 03:05 PM
Whats up? I do the smae thing and my frinds think that it is wierd too. I see another Si when I am driving and check it out. They always seem to notice when another is around too so they dont look at me crazy. We usually cruise together faster thatn the rest of the traffic and tool around through traffic. Its cool.

SilentGiant
02-01-2004, 04:04 PM
I do that all the time!

double take!..

best one was I was turn left at a T instersection and a red EP pulls up and we both double take...huge shit eating grins on our faces! quick wave and all..

i'm used to that from riding a motorcycle.. I wave at everything on two wheels including scooters....they may not be fast or cool..but at least they're on two wheels.

StrangeShadow
02-05-2004, 04:10 AM
I finally got my car back this past Friday!!!
anyways, driving through town yesturday I noticed that there wasn't a single head that didn't turn to look. But then when I see another ep3 I do the same hahaha.

dofu
02-05-2004, 04:43 AM
whenever i see another ep, and they see me, i throw up two fingers like you do when you see another biker when you're riding. other than that... i dont do nothin special

Mr.TecH7
02-05-2004, 06:02 AM
I give a friendly nod and wait to see if he/she gives me that silly i-have-more-power-under-the-hood look. Then naturally i slitely pull off. Like all of us, when we all first got our ep3s, we would race for no appearant reason. I admit it! Now i choose who gets it... don't need to waste gas...................... yeh right, i still race off for no appearant reason..........silly

itwasfate02si
02-05-2004, 06:08 AM
I don't get that much crap from other honda drivers. But it seems that people who drive VW's have a hard on for me or something. They give me so much crap, revving the engine, yelling to me, whatever it takes I guess. I'm more likely to let another honda in front of me than any other car, and it seems when I need to get over it's always another honda letting me in.
As for racing....I can't afford anymore tickets, I stick to the speed limit.

Sarah

dj addicted
02-05-2004, 06:25 AM
what was a wierd feeling for me is when I was with Andy and Ty's Si. Andy just installed his hondata ECU and we were going for a ride to see how it was. I sat in the back seat. It felt REALLY wierd being in the back seat of an EP while it was moving. Plus I was like... whoa!! I have an Oh shit handle!!!! I didnt even know they were back there.

aRz
02-05-2004, 07:24 AM
Yeah, i admitt iv'e broken my neck a couple times.Once i missed my exit on purpose just to see where this HOTT girl in a Black one was going... (i kinda felt wierd after we both' reached her gated community and i had to pull a quik U-eee.

Its just the fact that you get "well i get excited" when i see another Modded Ep, i usually down shift and wait to see if he/she wants to run, if not just lower my window and talk at he next red light, see if their on ep'hatch, Mods w/e.
But unfortunetly i always see the same one's. Some old guy in that Crazy yellow/Gold color and :( my neighbor.

aRz'(JDM EP3 4Me)

aRz
02-05-2004, 07:30 AM
Yeah its wired whenver my g/f drives my car the passenger seat just doesnt feel right.
i also drove a 02 si i have an 03 , the clutch is much softer in the 03. and the 03 e-brake feels like your actually pulling a brake
the 02 feel's like if you pull it up to hard you'll walk out the car with it.
WE HAVE A OH""SHIT HANDLE!? i never seen that,.....
Lol i went outside just to check. i learned something new today

DarkSiRacer
02-05-2004, 08:12 AM
Most (90%) of the time I see an EP they're travelling the opposite direction. I waved hi one time to an older guy and he looked at me weird. Another time another EP rolled next to me and I looked at him maybe to say hi but he looked at me like he had a better car (all he had was a yakima rack), I thought damn we had the same car. Only one good encounter, I met one ephatcher while cruising.