PDA

View Full Version : should I just buy the JDM kit...or wait?

dustinhurley
04-27-2003, 10:16 PM
I'm thinking about buying the JDM kit, but I'm worried that a good replica will come out. The JDM kit is the best looking kit and I doubt any aftermarket kit could convince otherwise. WW, APC, BC...all don't look nearly as good to me.

A couple reasons why I might wait and see what comes out:
1) If the CTR comes, I could get its ground effects.
2) A good Urethane replica would be a lot cheaper and look the same. I don't care about bragging rights for having real JDM stuff.
3) The Honda stuff is stupid expensive.
4) Can I really trust the JDM size bumper supports?

A couple reasons why I might just buy the real thing:
1) I doubt the CTR will come, and if it does, it will still have bulged out bumpers and reflectors. I don't think the lips would look good at all on our big bumpers. And, my car will look like a fake USDM CTR, not JMD.
2) I see no convincing evidence of any companies making good replicas. I won't buy fiberglass. Wings West used to be good at urethane lip kits and stuff, but they are lame now with their space junk look.
3) Everything would fit perfectly.

So, if you had the money, would you just buy the Honda stuff or wait and see what comes in the future? I know it may seem like I've already convinced myself, but I haven't. What is your opinion? Thanks.

02SilverSiHB
04-28-2003, 07:32 AM
I'd buy the jdm kit if I had the money. I mean, you know it's going to look good and not outrageous looking, and not too many will have that kit :)

SmoothOperator
04-28-2003, 10:29 AM
I'm just being as patient as I can with body kits. Don't get too ancy man...eventually a nice subtle kit will come out for us. *fingers crossed*

Makross
04-28-2003, 02:07 PM
yeah if i had money i would get a jdm kit too but im hoping someone could make a replica type r kit thats half the price just wait n see :o

02SilverSiHB
04-28-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
I'm just being as patient as I can with body kits. Don't get too ancy man...eventually a nice subtle kit will come out for us. *fingers crossed*
how about the D3 kit, it actually looks decent and not too crazy looking.

IceD out N CALI
04-29-2003, 01:49 PM
i'd probably wait another 6 months (I know thats easy to say). Give it the summer and see if anything happens. of course if you do get the CTR kit you cant go wrong lookswise

SmoothOperator
04-29-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

how about the D3 kit, it actually looks decent and not too crazy looking.
If it wasn't carbon fiber, I'd get it and paint it white. But I don't think they plan to make it with different materials.

2k2ep3
04-29-2003, 02:54 PM
yah if i was u, id go jdm. its just so simple yet nice and sporty.

02SilverSiHB
05-01-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator

If it wasn't carbon fiber, I'd get it and paint it white. But I don't think they plan to make it with different materials.
yeah, I wouldn't buy it in carbon fiber either, too much money and a waste, as I am going to paint it anyway. They are supposed to make a fiberglass kit, but who knows when that's going to come out.