PDA

View Full Version : ClubSi members are pricks

SiR_d1
04-27-2003, 11:14 PM
I'm not sure if this is in the right forum but ever since I discovered ephatch.com I haven't gone back to Clubsi. But just a few minutes ago I decided to go back and browse through some forums, and to my suprise everyone acts like total a--holes. The way they humilate others and bring them down is truly sad. It really make you appreciate what we have here. Even though at rare occasions we do sometimes fight, I recall just reading a forum where members where fighting with failuretostart, but unlike ClubSi they were arguing in a mature matter rather than cursing at one another and using lame put downs. In closing,
I just wanted people to know how lucky we are that we have a forum where everyone respects one another, unlike Clubsi members who think they are all superstars.

Just my $0.02

Also, I am aware that many ephatch members are also members of Clubsi, thats where I met JSIR and Smoothoperator who told me about this site. So what I'm trying to say not all members of Clubsi are pricks, only the ones who bring others down to make them feel more important

chubbychu
04-27-2003, 11:23 PM
ditto....its really bad in there...

anjapower
04-27-2003, 11:44 PM
That site sucks. I used to go there all the time...I had like 2500+ posts on that site. But I just got sick of the environment, all the bickering, etc.

I liked the Si vs. All forum, but soon it was overrun by domestic owners, and owners of every other make and model but the Honda Civic Si. It was good for a little bit since it set many Honda owners straight that their cars weren't all that...but now it is in essense, what it was in the beginning. Now if your car is a Honda it sucks, and your car is only good if it has an LS1/LT1/LS6 motor.

I could go on this topic forever, but in short, that site sucks. It has outlived its usefulness, especially since only a handful appreciate the EP3. The only forums that really get traffic are Out There and Si Vs. All...ironically the two forums FURTHEST away from discussion about the Honda civic si.

Club Si :mad:

minimay7
04-28-2003, 12:20 AM
One of the major reason I didnt' want Honda Civic Si was because of it came with the stereotypes of young, punk, ricers. And I thought the Si community will be the same. One of the major factor that made me change my mind was visiting EPhatch.com. I noticed that Everyone showed surprising level of maturity.

I think we should feel sense of pride about this fact. The society as general has the weird bias against tunign community. And I can't blame them. When movies like FF makes big bucks and car shows are plastered with half naked women, it's hard to blame the by standers forming a bias against this industry.

I think we also carry certain level of responsibility because of this fact... Well, I jsut want to thank you guys for being there for all of us. I know internet community is somewhat superficial... But, I still appreciate everyone's effort to keep this community going.

Jpax
04-28-2003, 12:30 AM
WE like to keep this forum as clean as possible. even though it is hard, we just weed out the bad apples. like me for example. I

CleanBlackSi02
04-28-2003, 07:19 AM
Ditto. That site pisses me off...

This is why it shouldn't be a big deal when the admin/mods do their job in here... Were trying to prevent that type of environment.

Makross
04-28-2003, 07:21 AM
Club-SI can Kiss our EPhatches ASS!:*

streaker666
04-28-2003, 08:09 AM
Ya, that's a flaming world...especially if you drive an EP. There you will encounter severe biasedness...I don't know about you, I feel that many of those ClubSi members are stuck in the last era at the very least. They like talking about the last generation of the SiR because nobody they know (especially not themselves) have bought the EP...perhaps it's a little expensive for them and when someone voices their experience in getting the EP for a pretty low price they would again start flaming. I just laugh because I see a bunch of fools unwilling to move on to newer tech...I don't have problems with driving old cars, but hating new cars because they're unwilling to accept the new stuff would be unacceptable.

P.S. I've noticed that many clubsi members can't even write, and/or understand what others are saying but they would flame you anyways.

Mugen Power
04-28-2003, 08:26 AM
In my experience, a lot of the last generation Si owners are pretty cocky on the streets, thinking they're all that. What I see going on over at ClubSi just reflects that.

About the flaming on prices, they're probably mad cuz they were the fools who bought the old Si at a marked up price for 19 or 20 g's.:D

FACTION95Si
04-28-2003, 09:24 AM
I'm a moderator on ClubSi for the Out There! forum and the SoCal forum. I've been on ClubSi since its beginning back in 99. I can tell you that the majority of members on ClubSi are drama loving assholes. This is especially true in the OutThere! or SVA forum. But I have also met and made a lot of friends from ClubSi.

EPHatch reminds me of ClubSi back when it first started. Way back when everyone was cool and helpful. Back when it was all about learning about your Civic. I find myself spending the better part of my time on EPHatch these days. The members on this site are great. We all have RESPECT for each other which is something that ClubSi lost a long time ago.

Weeding out the bad apples on EPHatch is really important. That

SiR_d1
04-28-2003, 09:45 AM
I just pray Ephatch won't ever become like Clubsi. So moderators, do what you have to do in order for this never to happen

EPHatchgirl
04-28-2003, 11:16 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by FACTION95Si
[B]Weeding out the bad apples on EPHatch is really important. That

JSIR
04-28-2003, 12:14 PM
as a moderator of clubsi and a member of ephatch I've seen both sides. Firstly, at Clubsi, if you go to Si vs. All or Out There forum you better be big enough to take the shots, those guys live on that stuff, and like was mentioned most of those guys don't even own Civics let alone Hondas. If you tour around the NA forum, Performance forum, Got Boost forum, Skidpad forum, or some of the regional forums you won't find much immature bahaviour over there, those forums are strictly controlled. Some of the guys on the NA forum are coming around to the EP, its taken a while but I don't find much negativity really, and we crack down pretty quick on the bs stuff.

Ephatch is better suited to the EP though so I do refer people over here for EP related questions and info. . I've seen a bit of confrontation in recent weeks on ephatch, its bound to happen on any forum I think, just hope it doesn't continue to increase otherwise it will get out of control like many other good sites have ended up. Immature behaviour occurs wherever you have immature people, thus that covers about 99% of the world.

Type X
04-28-2003, 01:46 PM
Sure clubsi.com is a bunch of Haters

shit i am a 3 year+ member there
moderators and title = Hater ;)

but i have made good friends and i make it fun in General for bannings and such :)

its all in good fun

Clubsi.com has lost alot of old school people BUT there are some young people there that i think will hold it down in the future

same here

sure its a new site here and we have seen kids trade them in, crash them, swap them

etc etc

but in all reality its not about the car
its about the people

i have made some really good friends here in my short run so far
and regardless if i trade in my ep etc etc

i think they will still be my friends

its what u make of the situation

and noone flames my ep on the site :D

:angel:

Clubsi.com & Ephatch.com are my fav sites

i gotta start getting into K-Series.com too
:):cool:

Elmie
04-28-2003, 03:01 PM
Ontario Forum is where its at in CSI!!!

For those that are from T.O. you should check us out too. We meet on a regular basis. All year round.

sniperSI
04-28-2003, 03:13 PM
Yeah, when I decided to make the choice to drop the cash on an SI finally I went to club si to get some info, poke and proud ask questions about the SI's. All i got was slammed left and right. I can't even remember how i found this site, but it was a godsend, it allowed me to get real info, and not get attacked.

I appreciated this site, and since i work in the IT field i hate using a computer for recreation now. The only thing i find myself doing now on the Internet in downtime is reading this site

JoshuaVTEC
04-28-2003, 05:31 PM
I'm from ClubSi, honestly the meets are like ten times better and more frequent soooooo...........

jaydub
04-28-2003, 05:34 PM
I remember when ClubSi was just a Yahoo group with Joji, Princess, and OldSiMan, so I'm not going to comment on its current status...