PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on Which System to pick

DHeffernan
04-28-2003, 06:58 AM
I have two friends, both selling systems. Neither of them are that great, but eh Im poor and I want a little bit of bass. I have a pretty nice sony head unit, and some upgraded speakers, but now I just want a little bit of bass, with not a lot a bit of distortion. Its nice to have the bass when Im messing around, but I really dont care that much, especially when I dont have to pay much for it. So, here are the options:

#1 :
3 10W0 150watt RMS JL Subs (4 ohm)
150x2 Max 2 Channel Amp
No box - Id buy a pretty cheap one

#2 :
2 Bazooka 500 watt max, 300 watt rms subs (4 ohm)
500 watt RMS mono sub amp @ 2 ohm
Pretty nice sealed box made by MTX

Option one is 150 dollars, option two is 135... which one should I get? Oh yeah, option two has like a year left on the circuit city warantee. Im leaning towards option two, but I dunno... Im pretty sure bazooka products really blow, but like I said, I really dont care that much. Not that it means much, but both the subs and the amp are "top of the line" bazooka products lol I dunno, just gimme your opinions guys. Thanks a lot!

DHeffernan
04-28-2003, 07:06 AM
Oh yeah, quick question... Ive basically installed the amp already, but does it matter how long the RCA cables are? Does it matter how long the amp cable is? I dunno where I should install the amp... under the front seat or back seat... also, I cant find anywhere that tells me where to run the wires. I wanna run them in the console but past that or from the seat to the back where the subs will be, where do I do it? How do I run it underneath the carpet? Any help would be great, thanks!