PDA

View Full Version : Options for close end, lightweight, locking lug nuts?

ssvr6
04-28-2003, 08:27 AM
I know Kyokugen (sp?) has a set, but the one place that I could find that carries them (Evaisive Motorsports) is out and they're not sure when they'll be back in stock.

I want a set from anyone at this point. Close ended, light weight, and not too pricey. (The Kyokugen's are like $60 shipped or something like that).

Steve

chunky
04-28-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by ssvr6
I know Kyokugen (sp?) has a set, but the one place that I could find that carries them (Evaisive Motorsports) is out and they're not sure when they'll be back in stock.

I want a set from anyone at this point. Close ended, light weight, and not too pricey. (The Kyokugen's are like $60 shipped or something like that).

Steve

MCGARD!!!!

they're about 60-70 bucks, spline drive, stronger than the koyokugen, slightly heavier, have a lifetime garantee on the finish, you can get them in black chrome for a little extra $$

check www.summitracing.com, the black chrome & regular chrome also have the added protection of having the tuner wheel locks on top of the already secure spline drive, so you need two keys to get the wheel off. I just bought the red capped set, they're cheaper, and they match the black/red exterior motif of the si. they are cheaper b/c they don't make red capped tuner locks, so the set obviously doesn't come with 'em.

RyteN2Ep3
05-14-2003, 03:36 PM
maybe this site ... they have them wheel locks kyokugen (http://www.autosportz.com/rims_kyokugen_lugs_locks.htm)

Dunrick
05-15-2003, 08:08 AM
Kyokugen are plenty strong - I would just go with those.....

up to you though.

ep3guy
05-15-2003, 08:34 AM
Get McGards Splindrives.

Some say Kyokugens keys get stripped easily.

XLR8B4U
05-15-2003, 08:37 AM
"After spending a lot of money on a set of high performance wheels, you shouldn't have to worry about someone coming by and stealing them off of your car. That is why we offer lug nuts from Kyokugen. These nuts are unique in that they are heptagonal. That's right, they are seven sided lug nuts. While from a distance, the Kyokugen nuts look like standard lug nuts, but the only way to remove them is with the special socket provided with the set. In addition to the added security, these nuts also weigh 50% less than stock lug nuts (0.9 oz. vs. 2.1 oz.) On a car with 4 lugs per wheel, this can save you more than a pound! Sets are available in M12 x 1.5 and M12 x 1.25 and come in chrome, black, or silver. Sets are sold in packs of 20 pcs only. On sale now for $60.00. Additional special sockets are $20.00 each. Most colors and thread pitches in stock!"

Link to purchase. Not sure if in stock but go ahead and click here.. (http://www.upgrademotoring.com/wheels/lugnuts.htm)

Hope this helps.

Craig

napapacoda
05-15-2003, 10:24 AM
craig - just want to let you know that those are not "really" locks. Unless I am mistaken, all kyokgen keys are the same so as long as the theifs own the general lock for that brand they can get em off. i put on the gorilla imitation splinedrive lug nuts and then put a locking lug nut on my wheels.

Rueda del Queso
05-15-2003, 10:32 AM
The lug nuts that came on my car from the dealer are already locking, but instead of being seven sided they have this really weird socket shape that has uneven side lengths. Looks relatively unique. No idea what brand though as it came free from the dealer.

XLR8B4U
05-15-2003, 10:46 AM
Ahh I see. I need to order a Summit book.
Are there such a think as closed end locking lug nuts with unique key patterns?

I pick up my Superleggeras for my EP this weekend and have to find something quick. I do not even know what size spline and thread and all that. Thanks for making this confusing LOL :'(
But thanks for the heads up!

FACTION95Si
05-15-2003, 12:00 PM
I bought my close end Kyokugen lug nuts from island motorsports. I got a great deal on them.

ssvr6
05-15-2003, 01:42 PM
Website?

Steve

FACTION95Si
05-15-2003, 01:58 PM
www.islandmotorsports.com

They are in so cal.

513n179
05-15-2003, 04:05 PM
kyokugen lugs are shit!

i had them on my old car, and it was a bitch getting them removed.

FACTION95Si
05-15-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by 513n179
kyokugen lugs are shit!

i had them on my old car, and it was a bitch getting them removed.

Ive had them for over a year now with my Slipstreams and I havn't had any problems with them at all. You can't use an air gun on them maybe thats why you had problems ?

513n179
05-15-2003, 10:15 PM
Ive had them for over a year now with my Slipstreams and I havn't had any problems with them at all. You can't use an air gun on them maybe thats why you had problems ?

that could be why... stupid mechanics

napapacoda
05-16-2003, 09:30 AM
ive seen places use air guns to get lug nuts to the end, and then they use a torque wrench to finish off the job. I doubt any mechanic would use an air gun all the way.

Will2K2
05-18-2003, 12:44 PM
Weapon R makes a Kyogen rip-off

www.weapon-r.com

frentzenej11
01-27-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by chunky
MCGARD!!!!

they're about 60-70 bucks, spline drive, stronger than the koyokugen, slightly heavier, have a lifetime garantee on the finish, you can get them in black chrome for a little extra $$

check www.summitracing.com, the black chrome & regular chrome also have the added protection of having the tuner wheel locks on top of the already secure spline drive, so you need two keys to get the wheel off. I just bought the red capped set, they're cheaper, and they match the black/red exterior motif of the si. they are cheaper b/c they don't make red capped tuner locks, so the set obviously doesn't come with 'em.

Chunky! Anybody! What is the part number to the black chrome spline driven tuner lock lug nuts:confused: ? Man I am so lost.

chunky
01-27-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by frentzenej11
Chunky! Anybody! What is the part number to the black chrome spline driven tuner lock lug nuts:confused: ? Man I am so lost.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=MCG%2D65457BK

frentzenej11
01-27-2004, 10:25 PM
Thanks Chunky:D . How do you guys feel about black chrome lugs on a black EP w/Silver wheels?

chunky
01-27-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by frentzenej11
Thanks Chunky:D . How do you guys feel about black chrome lugs on a black EP w/Silver wheels?

should look clean. i know that chrome lugs on a black wheel are kind of out of place.

I have the red capped ones, they match the red lettering on my wheels perfectly.

irrational
01-27-2004, 11:54 PM
those lugs look very secure!!! not sure about the weight though. its really too bad that in that kit black lugs dont come with black valve stems. now that would rock!!! im gonna stick to my kyokugens for now.

K-Series
01-28-2004, 05:51 AM
Wow, a blast from the past. I haven't seen one of my old posts like this in a while...

Steve