PDA

View Full Version : Best CAI

fkagti
04-28-2003, 09:51 AM
Alright, here is the million dollar question. AEM CAI, or Injen? A white EP with Injen decals seriously kicked my ass yesterday, and it's making me lean towards injen. It was loud as hell! however, I heard AEM gives the most gains? Any suggestions?

Makross
04-28-2003, 02:01 PM
i got aem n its loud as hell too:D

esmith13
04-28-2003, 02:58 PM
AEM has proven better results... Dosen't have all the extra piping going around the battery either....

Eric

FailureToStart
04-28-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by esmith13
AEM has proven better results... Dosen't have all the extra piping going around the battery either....

Eric

You might just want to check the latest Import Tuner...they tested about 8 intakes for the rsx-s and posted results (assuming they aren't bogus, biased, or otherwise fabricated because they got paid off for it). We can safely assume this info to be true for us, since our cars are just about completely identical.

Moreover, Injen took the cake for best gains in the SRI category. What I did not like is that they omitted 2 popular models, the HKS intake, and the Injen CAI.

With the exception of the risk of ruining your engine, the CAI is considerably better than stock intake. In terms of the SRI's, they did get gains higher up the powerband only, but in my opinion they were not enough to warrant $200-300. Besides, I like my power down low.

IceD out N CALI
04-30-2003, 11:00 PM
you cant go wrong with aem:)

RacingCivicSi02
05-01-2003, 05:08 PM
you can't go wrong with injen either. i love it. Its loud. pulls pretty good too.

IceD out N CALI
05-01-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by RacingCivicSi02
you can't go wrong with injen either. i love it. Its loud. pulls pretty good too.

true, both are a good quality intake:)

FailureToStart
05-01-2003, 08:52 PM
yo ice, is that an Si or an EX for your avatar?