PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's carwash shampoo!

gito
04-28-2003, 07:03 PM
I just wanna let you know that if you want to have your car looking brand new, use this brand! I used this weekend and I was very impressed by it. I wish that I had a picture, but next time I will post it.
bye

mrfixit687
04-30-2003, 07:05 PM
just to let u know, meguiar's professional car wash, it strips ur paint of wax, so dont use that everyweek to wash ur car

gito
04-30-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by mrfixit687
just to let u know, meguiar's professional car wash, it strips ur paint of wax, so dont use that everyweek to wash ur car

Does it takes just the wax off? or the paint too?

mrfixit687
04-30-2003, 11:26 PM
it takes everything down to the clear coat, so basically it removes the wax, so you can start fresh

gito
05-01-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by mrfixit687
it takes everything down to the clear coat, so basically it removes the wax, so you can start fresh

Wow you got me worry, then is fine:)

siver-SI
05-01-2003, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the heads up there. I just ordered their one kit and it is all pro lines of product. Going to do a detail this weekend on mine. Thanks for the heads up would have sucked if I would have washed it with that after doing about 8 hours of work on it Saturday.

gito
05-01-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by siver-SI
Thanks for the heads up there. I just ordered their one kit and it is all pro lines of product. Going to do a detail this weekend on mine. Thanks for the heads up would have sucked if I would have washed it with that after doing about 8 hours of work on it Saturday.

Yeah this thing is SUPER strong it gets rid of every single microscopical dust!!! And stays clean for a long time, it's quite expensive but it's totally worth it!

siver-SI
05-01-2003, 06:58 PM
The soap you are talking about is it the Professional Hi-Tech Wash #00? I looked on the bottle and it said it will not take off the wax. Just wondering if what I have is the same stuff you are talking about.

mrfixit687
05-02-2003, 12:05 PM
yes, and yes it will take off some wax, when i did it to my car i notice some spot beads up less and doesnt feel as smooth as before, trust me. My friend's a professional car detailer and he tells me the samething. You should not use that to wash it every weekend. Only when you want to do your car over.

gito
05-02-2003, 09:01 PM
Guys something new for you, I need some advice. I have a BIG Magnolia tree in my house and all the flowers are falling off and I don't have a garage to park my poor Si. My problem is all the flowers are falling into the roof of my car and they are leaving marks!!!! And I washed my car today to try to get rid of them but I couldn't get the marks off!!! So I went to Target and got this Turtle wax Bug&Tar remover to use it. It says on the bottle that it's safe for all paints and it removes also bird droppings and leaf stains. So before I use it I wanna make sure that is not anything else that you may know better to clean up my car! Thanks very much. It's in a big spray bottle not a little can like some other tar removers. Here is a link to this product I am talking about:
http://waxdepot.safeshopper.com/54/231.htm?299

mrfixit687
05-03-2003, 12:54 PM
use a claybar too, and invest in a car cover

siver-SI
05-03-2003, 01:09 PM
Just wondering since my car is outside 24/7 what would be a good car cover so when I go on trips or just will not be using it for a few days I can cover it up after a quick wash.

Marcivi
05-03-2003, 03:41 PM
I also used the Meguiar's Gold Class car shampoo. It did a very good job of getting my car super clean. The shop I went to didn't have thier clay bar so I got the Mother's one. I don't think I needed it though, the car was very clean and all the spots I thought were bugs were nicks. I also used 2 different waxes when I was done and put 3 coats on the hood. Very shiny and truely a beautiful black EP again.

gito
05-03-2003, 07:24 PM
Hey guys what's a clay bar? What does it do?
I just washed my car and I tried the bug&tar remover and it did a pretty good job! It got rid of the leaf marks and it works also as a waxer at the same time.

Hopefuly tomorrow we are going to take some pictures and I'll be posting then later!

Marcivi
05-04-2003, 09:34 AM
It's like a little piece of putty that is supposed to attach to paint contaminates into the clay. Mother's and Meguiar's both produce one. I clayed my hood though and didn't see much benefit. I didn't use it on the rest of the car.

mrfixit687
05-04-2003, 11:39 AM
use claymagic claybar, its really good, the point of a claybar is to remove microscopic contaminants from the surface of your paint, wash your car and then feel the paint with ur fingers, and then clay and feel it after wards, its night and day difference.