PDA

View Full Version : Just installed the Ebay rear tie bar, my 2cents worth!

LordKoo
04-28-2003, 09:23 PM
I just finished installed the rear tie bar yesterday. Well, can't really tell the difference but it does look nice standing out above all the black suspension.

My 2cents are: Pain in the ass to install... Please be sure to just a jack stand to hold the car on the side. Then use the hydraulic jack to hold the suspension arm with it. Also be sure to use some 1in to 2in plywood to hold the tire, so the suspension arm won't slip when you remove the bolt. Mine slipped on me! Took me awhile to push and the suspension around, so the hole would alight together again.

Not difficult but need a lot of patience.

02SilverSiHB
04-28-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by LordKoo
I just finished installed the rear tie bar yesterday. Well, can't really tell the difference but it does look nice standing out above all the black suspension.

My 2cents are: Pain in the ass to install... Please be sure to just a jack stand to hold the car on the side. Then use the hydraulic jack to hold the suspension arm with it. Also be sure to use some 1in to 2in plywood to hold the tire, so the suspension arm won't slip when you remove the bolt. Mine slipped on me! Took me awhile to push and the suspension around, so the hole would alight together again.

Not difficult but need a lot of patience.
I could actually tell the difference on mine. It only took me about 10 minutes to do...sorry you had a rough time ;)

todaCspec
04-29-2003, 05:36 AM
I think he means lower rear tie-bar.